A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

7 hours ago, Hamburger said:

I used to be in of the mpv chat until I gave up.

Almost everyday fried cold rice and talked about FC , save fuel, EO used,  car cam, dsg cannot creep etc.

Gave up and exit. 

What do you expect? All uncles driving a bus. 

14 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

What do you expect? All uncles driving a bus. 

Have u every seen an elephant out pacing a tiger.?

what the point in trying to get a donkey to run like a horse ? It can be modded but do you want to is another matter

most just end up with bigger rims and brake kit for stopping power.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Haha! 1

On 10/19/2019 at 8:36 AM, Ody_2004 said:

Jin rare to be so quiet here..

How's everyone Skoda? Happily driving them and no complain to raise? or all move to Whatsapp Telegram etc oredi?

Me old man still prefer Forum.

Found water pump housing was leaking last Friday when I went to add mods. Would not have found out if I waited until next service at 45K. I was monitor a slow decrease in coolant level over the past month, so now I know.

Car mileage currently at 36500km.

Slight possibility SCS aftersales service missed it because there is no need to remove the bottom engine cover to drain the oil. So I might have been running the past 6000km with a leaking water pump.

Had always thought the over 100degC on water temps was consistent with the oil temp, but after getting it replaced, I beg to differ now, it's running within range of 85 to 95 degC.

After my mods last friday, I am seeing below 100degC on my oil, no matter how hard I whack.

So I recommend guys on the 2.0T engine to do a good undercarriage check every 10K mileage  at least, because these water pumps are known to bust around there.

The mechanic said I can run it over 30K is kinda impressive.

20191018_104545.jpg

Edited by adrian140180
  • Praise 4
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, adrian140180 said:

So I recommend guys on the 2.0T engine to do a good undercarriage check every 10K mileage  at least, because these water pumps are known to bust around there.

The mechanic said I can run it over 30K is kinda impressive.

mmmm kinda strange to have such failure at such mileage right? the pump or just the hose?

Just now, Ody_2004 said:

mmmm kinda strange to have such failure at such mileage right? the pump or just the hose?

Not strange for the 2.0T, it is possible to bust it at 10K. The housing cracked, and leak dribble dribble for the longest of time.

The entire housing is made of plastic, so honestly no surprises how long they can last.

In the picture below, there is 1 crack along the circumference on the left side where the harness goes, another crack is on the valve section facing you in the picture.

20191018_122246.jpg

• Praise 3

2 minutes ago, adrian140180 said:

Not strange for the 2.0T, it is possible to bust it at 10K. The housing cracked, and leak dribble dribble for the longest of time.

The entire housing is made of plastic, so honestly no surprises how long they can last.

In the picture below, there is 1 crack along the circumference on the left side where the harness goes, another crack is on the valve section facing you in the picture.

thanks for the info.. small leaks not easy to detect.. until it drip till got water stain.. if not need to dismantle to check liao.

your no claim warranty right as was done by another workshop.

How yr stage 1?

2 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

thanks for the info.. small leaks not easy to detect.. until it drip till got water stain.. if not need to dismantle to check liao.

your no claim warranty right as was done by another workshop.

How yr stage 1?

I cannot be bothered with warranty, I was doing hardware mod the same time, so just ask the shop order in the water pump for replacement. Part came within the hour from stockist.

If I send back to SCS dunno how many donkey days later and paper work I have to fill, plus my car is pretty much unrecognizable if I send it back. Do not want to give the SCS guys a hard time.

The software is still adapting to my drive style, hard to comment, but the torque is now across the entire rev range. How you know I did stage 1? Who in the group tipped you off?

Something I noticed the past 2 days of whacking this car. The burnt smell no longer appears when you rev high and hard. Usually comes past the 4000rpm mark, I still got it last tuesday with a little push.

15 hours ago, adrian140180 said:

20191018_122246.jpg

is this with the metal impeller or the same plastic ones?

15 hours ago, adrian140180 said:

I cannot be bothered with warranty, I was doing hardware mod the same time, so just ask the shop order in the water pump for replacement. Part came within the hour from stockist.

If I send back to SCS dunno how many donkey days later and paper work I have to fill, plus my car is pretty much unrecognizable if I send it back. Do not want to give the SCS guys a hard time.

The software is still adapting to my drive style, hard to comment, but the torque is now across the entire rev range. How you know I did stage 1? Who in the group tipped you off?

Since you can't be bothered with warranty, is there a reason why you go with AD and not PI or self import. I suppose most of us go to AD for peace of mind and it's 5 years warranty

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

Since you can't be bothered with warranty, is there a reason why you go with AD and not PI or self import. I suppose most of us go to AD for peace of mind and it's 5 years warranty

Have you ask the PI if the keys are lost and you need to reprogram and replace , how to do it?

7 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Have you ask the PI if the keys are lost and you need to reprogram and replace , how to do it?

I go to AD never consider PI or self import. Pay more for peace of mind.... hopefully.

Adrian seems a capable chap to do everything.

Edited by TangoCharlie
↡ Advertisement