A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

by larger rims and spoilers, do you mean placing the 19" that was first provided and down size to 18 and now back to 19" ?

I rather have the Brake assist and the full safety rather then anything.

I rather just wait for the new model

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

7 hours ago, badlammy said:

Shd be the Challenge pack edition? From their configurator, not much options as usual.

Challenge edition comes in black package as well as sports exos. So must go homogation again .. I doubt getting stuck at the yard is a good idea.

But the new ones look tempting

https://youtu.be/tmp0TXFQhjw

https://www.motor1.com/news/380227/2020-skoda-octavia-teaser-video/amp/

Edited by Sdf4786k

On 9/23/2019 at 2:46 PM, Beanoyip said:

VEP delayed by the incompetent fools...

Their way of life! Just look at the RTS agreement!

3 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

Challenge edition comes in black package as well as sports exos. So must go homogation again .. I doubt getting stuck at the yard is a good idea.

But the new ones look tempting

https://youtu.be/tmp0TXFQhjw

https://www.motor1.com/news/380227/2020-skoda-octavia-teaser-video/amp/

From the sneak video, the taillights are still c-shaped, looks different from the leaked photos.

my RS coolant warning came up twice on last Sunday and Tuesday, and although after the warning, the alert will just go away on its own, i still made a trip to LengKee to take a look in case it's a bigger problem.

Tech took about 10min to check and said only needed a top up and it's common to top up coolant every 6 months.

• Praise 2

15 minutes ago, Snokey said:

my RS coolant warning came up twice on last Sunday and Tuesday, and although after the warning, the alert will just go away on its own, i still made a trip to LengKee to take a look in case it's a bigger problem.

Tech took about 10min to check and said only needed a top up and it's common to top up coolant every 6 months.

You just been given the run around  or they term it the fools errant.

Did you take a picture of the on board error prompt and send an email to keep it on record.

Did you specifically ask how they check? 

If the usual, oh we pressurize the whole system and found no leak after 10 mins, you may want them to put it on the service release form.

If possible, look for a competent workshop that deals with VW / Audi outside and get them to take a pic of the water pump area, just to be sure there is no leak.

How to tell? because the pink coolant will cake up and there will be a pink stain after 2-3 weeks or so. If all else is clean and spotless, you have no issue. 

For my case, the bottom engine and the belly was pink. So the outside workshop mech did a full detail look and discover the leak. 

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 4

7 hours ago, Snokey said:

Uncle, no need SCS tell you that, u come my office I also can tell you that.

You need to hoist up your car, and remove the belly pan to be sure there is no leak. Because it can be slow, and the fluid gets dried up before it cools to pool.

I attach my pic of how we determined the thermostat housing was busted again. By removing the belly pan.

20191018_104545.jpg

• Praise 3

8 hours ago, Darkblue said:

Curious, guys... when talking about FC, does full tank include "A" ?

Anyone tried go below empty ?

image.png.fda7e769ee0b10ff107dafa550d3b994.png

As advised by your user manual, it is not recommended to run the tank till near empty.

You can also calculate your FC by the last distance you traveled from full tank, and filling it back up to full tank again.

Edited by adrian140180

2 hours ago, adrian140180 said:

As advised by your user manual, it is not recommended to run the tank till near empty.

You can also calculate your FC by the last distance you traveled from full tank, and filling it back up to full tank again.

I tried this, rinse and repeat many full tanks (force myself to refuel within 10km once the needle hits "A") for 5000km+, I realise the onboard system reading is pretty accurate and optimistic by 0.9~1km/l.

Calculate backwards it matches the onboard system's reading -1.0km/l.

Edited by Darkblue

18 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

They use superb facelift pic lol

Not wrong. Specs n actual car differs from illustration.. 

that’s the small print 

20 hours ago, Darkblue said:

Curious, guys... when talking about FC, does full tank include "A" ?

Anyone tried go below empty ?

image.png.fda7e769ee0b10ff107dafa550d3b994.png

U run a huge risk of stalling and engine failure . For turbo cars not a good idea to run on vapour .

but I have driven it at on the empty tick before where the display shows 1 Km to empty.

↡ Advertisement