A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

On 11/8/2019 at 7:24 PM, Lchong said:

7AiDWRv.jpg

Saw this on skodaSG instagram, an honest mistake? 

They have corrected the mistake with a new instagram post and deleted the incorrect one 🤣

↡ Advertisement

15 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

With the Skoda community growing in Singapore at a very health rate, it is time to have a separate thread for each Skoda model, gradually over the coming months (once there is a new model announced).

For a start I have created a thread for the 2020 Octavia, and for anything relating to this brand new model, maybe we can carry on the discussion there.

This thread shall now be for general as well as technical discussion of current Skoda models. Maybe let put it this way, this thread is like a kopitam where all Skoda owner (current or ex) and interested party gather to chit chat about the brand, while if you are interested to find out more about each model, please head to the "Showroom" aka specific thread for the model.[nod]

Feel free to voice out any suggestions you may have, to allow us to make the forum better. Your feedback will be very much appreciated as well.[:)]

Emo, previous gen Octavias left out.....

23 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

With the Skoda community growing in Singapore at a very health rate, it is time to have a separate thread for each Skoda model, gradually over the coming months (once there is a new model announced).

For a start I have created a thread for the 2020 Octavia, and for anything relating to this brand new model, maybe we can carry on the discussion there.

This thread shall now be for general as well as technical discussion of current Skoda models. Maybe let put it this way, this thread is like a kopitam where all Skoda owner (current or ex) and interested party gather to chit chat about the brand, while if you are interested to find out more about each model, please head to the "Showroom" aka specific thread for the model.[nod]

Feel free to voice out any suggestions you may have, to allow us to make the forum better. Your feedback will be very much appreciated as well.[:)]

would the threads be folded/hold under SkodaSGClub?

8 hours ago, flashbang said:

Emo, previous gen Octavias left out.....

Look at it from another perspective, without the "pioneer generation", there will be no sustainable Skoda community in Singapore today.

The reason for splitting the thread is not discriminative in any way, but a recognition for the group that have come so far, and deserve a thread of its own. I for one (ex Superb owner) will still be participating actively in this thread.

34 minutes ago, Kodiaqer said:

would the threads be folded/hold under SkodaSGClub?

OK I will park all Skoda related threads under SkodaSGClub folder. Thanks. 

• Praise 10

1 minute ago, Golf7roy said:

sgcarmart car of year voting...

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-14 at 11.10.06 AM.jpeg

If votes for the above category is based on specifications, obviously the RS is in the wrong category.

If votes is based on pricing, then again the RS is in the wrong category.

Like putting an orange in front of 3 apples, and asking you to vote for the best one.

One more thing, the people who actually vote, have they even driven these damn cars, or maybe reading online reviews turn everyday people into car gurus.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

51 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

From fellow superb owner, can 1.0L octavia do so? Hehehe

F12FF8C4-6D6E-443A-B50C-8CA8B1FF0BE5.jpeg

No, but we can politely request you change it to "long term". Then suddenly the numbers do not mean much anymore.

1 hour ago, adrian140180 said:

No, but we can politely request you change it to "long term". Then suddenly the numbers do not mean much anymore.

I don’t get it. Long term? I thought after travelling over 1000km in a single full tank with fc 16.6 is pretty remarkable

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

I don’t get it. Long term? I thought after travelling over 1000km in a single full tank with fc 16.6 is pretty remarkable

Like this..."Long term"

20191115_171957.jpg