A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

On 1/26/2020 at 9:09 AM, Ody_2004 said:

Well they are very kind to give you free scratches.. swirl marks FOC.. and they don need u to thank them! whahahahahhaha..

Actually now they use hi pressure washer so it’s touchless.. BUT it’s ok to let them wash if yours not sticker or plasti dipped. Or resprayed.. 

at least for Macpherson it’s high pressure wash and air spray to dry 

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

43 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Actually now they use hi pressure washer so it’s touchless.. BUT it’s ok to let them wash if yours not sticker or plasti dipped. Or resprayed.. 

at least for Macpherson it’s high pressure wash and air spray to dry 

Ok lah for me a car is to serve me not i serve it 😂

• Praise 2

Happy Chinese New Year everyone! I sometimes let them wash my car when I check for things as well and so far ok... but during CNY period for 2 new dents (1 chipped into paint) from people that park next to me even though I parked so far away. So mad. 

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 2

On 1/29/2020 at 4:44 PM, AriesGoat said:

Happy Chinese New Year everyone! I sometimes let them wash my car when I check for things as well and so far ok... but during CNY period for 2 new dents (1 chipped into paint) from people that park next to me even though I parked so far away. So mad. 

Part and parcel of owning a car... happy CNY!

• Haha! 1

COE crash to 10 years lowest since March 2010 for CAT B, any lurkers here in this forum interested in Skoda, whom haven’t had any SE yet, xiao di here will be happy to assist you if you require anything, information etc... 😊

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, AriesGoat said:

COE crash to 10 years lowest since March 2010 for CAT B, any lurkers here in this forum interested in Skoda, whom haven’t had any SE yet, xiao di here will be happy to assist you if you require anything, information etc... 😊

How much you make if you sell 1 car?

Hi everyone, i am seriously considering to buy the rs245. Current quoted price from se after recently Coe drop is 129,900 with 5 yrs warrenty , 3 yrs servicing , solar film , front and rear dash cam , road side assist. He also offered a pretty ok trade in value for my current car. 

Would like to seek your kind advise if other freebies can be requested? And how is the ride so far ?  

3 minutes ago, grooveriders said:

Hi everyone, i am seriously considering to buy the rs245. Current quoted price from se after recently Coe drop is 129,900 with 5 yrs warranty , 3 yrs servicing , solar film , front and rear dash cam , road side assist. He also offered a pretty ok trade in value for my current car. 

Would like to seek your kind advise if other freebies can be requested? And how is the ride so far ?  

MTL.. if the report is true, the new model VRS is hybrid 1.5 with battery, you wont be getting the same VRS grunt ...

@129 K probably still have some room to negotiate if you can sign on the spot... else have fun watching the COE change the prices and restart your expected price.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

As for the ride , only issue is the water pump.. it’s not just vrs but the Golf Mk7 GTI n R also suffer the same. You should be able to spot if you have it by 15000km your Car will trigger a RED exclamation and show water coolant Low . Not sure of the equivalence in virtual cockpit

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

5 hours ago, grooveriders said:

Hi everyone, i am seriously considering to buy the rs245. Current quoted price from se after recently Coe drop is 129,900 with 5 yrs warrenty , 3 yrs servicing , solar film , front and rear dash cam , road side assist. He also offered a pretty ok trade in value for my current car. 

Can consider this

https://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=883501

or this

https://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=880425

16 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

As for the ride , only issue is the water pump.. it’s not just vrs but the Golf Mk7 GTI n R also suffer the same. You should be able to spot if you have it by 15000km your Car will trigger a RED exclamation and show water coolant Low . Not sure of the equivalence in virtual cockpit

Because water pump area made of plastic very easy to leak, vag common issue

23 hours ago, AriesGoat said:

wah octavia pricelist dropped quite a bit. 7-8k.

On 2/7/2020 at 8:25 AM, grooveriders said:

New RS model unveiling next month at Geneva Motor Show. U sure u wanna buy a model that's gonna be obsolete in 1 month?

7 minutes ago, Soya said:

New RS model unveiling next month at Geneva Motor Show. U sure u wanna buy a model that's gonna be obsolete in 1 month?

the new model may not arrive so soon.  e.g. new octavia, new superb also unveiled a few months back but still not in SG.  Local agent still selling octavia but 2.0 superb OOS.

many models already obsolete but still selling in SG.  New Passat already launched in MY.

I say, either buy now or wait for local agent to clear stock, if any and dunno when and dunno what's the coe then...

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, AriesGoat said:

Yah lo, dollar for dollar drop, really super good deal now. 

Just went to test drive the octavia ambition plus yesterday. Drive felt really good for the price tag (compared to a Civic FC5) coupled with a few really nice features like LED head/tail lamps, blind spot detection, 17” rims and Overall nice package all thrown in by SE.

My biggest concern however, was that this car not enough track record locally to prove the reliability.

If somehow they can address that convincingly, then $95k for a 148bhp, 250nm torque Conti ride is really value for money.

↡ Advertisement