A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

5 hours ago, KimHwee said:

Just went to test drive the octavia ambition plus yesterday. Drive felt really good for the price tag (compared to a Civic FC5) coupled with a few really nice features like LED head/tail lamps, blind spot detection, 17” rims and Overall nice package all thrown in by SE.

My biggest concern however, was that this car not enough track record locally to prove the reliability.

If somehow they can address that convincingly, then $95k for a 148bhp, 250nm torque Conti ride is really value for money.

my thoughts: why not be part of the early adopters and contribute to a good local track record? worldwide, skoda is ranked pretty (decently) high in terms of reliability. no news is good news 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

8 hours ago, KimHwee said:

Just went to test drive the octavia ambition plus yesterday. Drive felt really good for the price tag (compared to a Civic FC5) coupled with a few really nice features like LED head/tail lamps, blind spot detection, 17” rims and Overall nice package all thrown in by SE.

My biggest concern however, was that this car not enough track record locally to prove the reliability.

If somehow they can address that convincingly, then $95k for a 148bhp, 250nm torque Conti ride is really value for money.

Did you ask the SE? If yes, which SE so lousy? 🤣

• Haha! 6

8 hours ago, KimHwee said:

Skoda cars sell as much as mazda worldwide

and with 5 yrs warranty whats to worry about

this will be the cheapest vw With extended wheelbase and huge boot

• Praise 6

1 hour ago, badlammy said:

Did you ask the SE? If yes, which SE so lousy? 🤣

The SE shared these. Just not too sure if applicable again to local context. Furthermore, the parents and in-laws all cringed when asking them about the brand and the car. I Guess the older generation still only believe in Mercedes being the only Conti that is trustable over here. 🤷🏻‍♂
The fact that it shares same parts as VW shouldn’t be good news right? Since VW has had its humongous share of problems the past few years?

7BB45413-CAFF-42F8-8C31-5A52A5F52CCB.jpeg

BB8CC808-71E6-46EB-8DF6-DCC6AFAD5AC3.jpeg

• Praise 2

29 minutes ago, KimHwee said:

The SE shared these. Just not too sure if applicable again to local context. Furthermore, the parents and in-laws all cringed when asking them about the brand and the car. I Guess the older generation still only believe in Mercedes being the only Conti that is trustable over here. 🤷🏻‍♂
The fact that it shares same parts as VW shouldn’t be good news right? Since VW has had its humongous share of problems the past few years?

Same lah .. your wife tells u Prada n to u Charles n Kieth good enough https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/fashion/actress-maisie-williams-carries-3990-charles-keith-bag-to-the-emmys

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Haha! 5

1 hour ago, KimHwee said:

I agree with your parents and in laws actually. Go for Mercedes.

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

Skoda was a joke when it announced its presence in the 90s here. 

I want to be part of it now if I could with the L&K badge on it. 

Ya, L&K is classy. Skoda is essentially an Audi. 👍🏻

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 2

2 hours ago, TangoCharlie said:

Yah if I have more money like toilet rolls... I'll go for mercs too. After all skoda is vfm perspective for me. Bang for the buck.

Yeah skoda is for people that don’t mind badge and pay less for almost merc quality hahaha

actually when u choose toyota honda mazda also no where better. Afterall skoda priced the same among these brands

• Praise 4

4 hours ago, KimHwee said:

Am not your SE, but I just want share my thoughts that it’s precisely why it shares parts with VW group, that is a good thing. Largest car company in the world with high R&D means you get to enjoy accessibility to parts that is also shared with Audi and VW but at a much better value. Economies of scale, more affordable spare parts even when compared to Honda, Subaru, Mazda etc.. (accounts from my customer whom driven those) 

As someone in the trade for several years, I’m sure I have seen my fair share of cars, if I can own and drive a Kodiaq, I think that speaks clearly right? 

If I’m not wrong, your SE is driving the RS245, car lover as well. Don’t worry, come onboard, the depre per annum speaks for itself for what you are getting out of it. Cheers! 

• Praise 4

13 minutes ago, AriesGoat said:

Am not your SE, but I just want share my thoughts that it’s precisely why it shares parts with VW group, that is a good thing. Largest car company in the world with high R&D means you get to enjoy accessibility to parts that is also shared with Audi and VW but at a much better value. Economies of scale, more affordable spare parts even when compared to Honda, Subaru, Mazda etc.. (accounts from my customer whom driven those) 

As someone in the trade for several years, I’m sure I have seen my fair share of cars, if I can own and drive a Kodiaq, I think that speaks clearly right? 

If I’m not wrong, your SE is driving the RS245, car lover as well. Don’t worry, come onboard, the depre per annum speaks for itself for what you are getting out of it. Cheers! 

So when skoda SE buy, SCS sell at cost? Hehehe

2 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Skoda was a joke when it announced its presence in the 90s here. 

I want to be part of it now if I could with the L&K badge on it. 

Can go stockist n buy the L&K badge and paste on your 7 😂 

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Haha! 4

59 minutes ago, Koster said:

Ya, L&K is classy. Skoda is essentially an Audi. 👍🏻

I would say closer to a top-of-line Passat

• Praise 4

16 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

So when skoda SE buy, SCS sell at cost? Hehehe

Hahaha I wish bro! 😂

Anyway just to add on to the bro here that is not so sure, Skoda have sold over more than 1200 cars within 2 years, not all of them are my customers, but I can say within my customers pool, 99%, they are all very happy with their ride. 

• Praise 4

6 hours ago, KimHwee said:

Buy Altis lah.

save yourself the earache from your in laws, parents, friends, associates and everybody under the sun :grin: 

or just buy the Skoda lah

be the discerning one who knows value and shut the trap out of those who ain’t payin for your car and yet wanna talk shit 💩

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 5

On 1/9/2020 at 11:36 PM, AriesGoat said:

To be honest, I have seen ladies customer that choose Skoda, I have a few too. 😁 Anyway, all thanks to the support from you guys! 

The Scala is at the Motorshow for preview, come by and take a look as well as the other various models on display there. I’ll be around tomorrow, will be happy to say hi to you all. Cheers and pleasant weekend! 

What is the expected date Skoda Singapore will bring this in and which engine model?

17 hours ago, KimHwee said:

You want track record? I used to own 2 skodas from 2000 to 2016. Never once broke down.. wear and tear yes.. regular serviced and you are good to go.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9