A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

I have 6 months to wait for either the FL Superb or maybe the Octavia Combi. 

Would not be so considering the present  choices as they are at the EOL cycle. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

4 hours ago, ferrytales said:

The owners probably just gonna ditch the car and sell it just before warranty ends! 

Don't get me wrong

The 1.4t is fine. The DQ200's problems are supposedly resolved. Any VAG w that combo is good to go

But let's not pretend it's anything more than an entry into the VAG stable so that buyers progressively buy into brand and move up the (more profitable) value chain.

9 minutes ago, Soya said:

Don't get me wrong

The 1.4t is fine. The DQ200's problems are supposedly resolved. Any VAG w that combo is good to go

But let's not pretend it's anything more than an entry into the VAG stable so that buyers progressively buy into brand and move up the (more profitable) value chain.

But it's DQ250.

PhotoPictureResizer_200226_152450852_crop_938x1510.jpg

• Praise 3

5 hours ago, Hamburger said:

I have 6 months to wait for either the FL Superb or maybe the Octavia Combi. 

Would not be so considering the present  choices as they are at the EOL cycle. 

FL superb in 6 months time? I'd be interested too

52 minutes ago, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

What u mean by drive half clutch at the traffic light?

never fully depress the brakes. Must check if the RPM drop to 850. I sense many do not do that and the car is idling at close to 1000 rpm mostly.

• Praise 1

20 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

never fully depress the brakes. Must check if the RPM drop to 850. I sense many do not do that and the car is idling at close to 1000 rpm mostly.

and avoid inching forward at all costs for that extra 10cm 😆... i tend to wait for a decent gap between my car and the car in front of me before i move off...

Road show Skoda cars comes with 2 year road tax and a host of interior freebies .. worth driving down to get if you booking a skoda

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 1

On 2/25/2020 at 11:34 PM, adrian140180 said:

That is one question you have to ask the 1.4 kodiaq yuppie group.

Coz 1.4 kodiaq is not running on DQ200. Its using DQ250 wet clutch.

Supercharged

Hi all, just want to ask if there is any recommendations for brake pads that are good and less brake dust? Does changing of brake pads void the warranty? Another question, does changing of rims voids the warranty? Please advise. Thanks.

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
27 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

Hi all, just want to ask if there is any recommendations for brake pads that are good and less brake dust? Does changing of brake pads void the warranty? Another question, does changing of rims voids the warranty? Please advise. Thanks.

Can't believe that changing all these will void warranty, might as well say topping up fuel from non-AD will void warranty.. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

(edited)
3 hours ago, Daniu82 said:

No, but do keep the receipt.

Changing of rims while will unlikely impact your warranty, however, my last claim of the wheel bearing, the SA did indicate that my Rims was warp, but that should not be a cause for the wheel bearing failure. So Ad are quite reasonable in their approach and my wheel bearing was replace under warranty.

So no. BUT if you itchy and do a offset 30 - 35 and add 255 tires and screw up the whole mfg guided fitting, your suspension "may be " voided.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 2

6 hours ago, Daniu82 said:

Haven’t change brake pads myself yet, but speaking from my own views,  brake pads being a wear and tear item shouldn’t affect the warranty, unless it has any potential to cause other parts to fail, which I highly doubt so. A lot of people change to after market brake kits. I changed my own rims as well and warranty is still intact, just that when I wanted to do balancing they won’t do it free for me due to aftermarket rims change. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4