A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

39 minutes ago, AriesGoat said:

Haven’t change brake pads myself yet, but speaking from my own views,  brake pads being a wear and tear item shouldn’t affect the warranty, unless it has any potential to cause other parts to fail, which I highly doubt so. A lot of people change to after market brake kits. I changed my own rims as well and warranty is still intact, just that when I wanted to do balancing they won’t do it free for me due to aftermarket rims change. 

Huh, my understanding is rotation and balancing is never free leh, even for stock wheels. Staff benefit ah? Haha...

↡ Advertisement

23 minutes ago, badlammy said:

Huh, my understanding is rotation and balancing is never free leh, even for stock wheels. Staff benefit ah? Haha...

Don’t know lei, they never gave me either. I tried to claim under 6 months/10,000km wear and tear warranty. No staff benefits one la. 🤣

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

7 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Can't believe that changing all these will void warranty, might as well say topping up fuel from non-AD will void warranty.. 

You didn't go back to pump AD fuel? Warranty void le.....

• Haha! 6

4 hours ago, AriesGoat said:

Don’t know lei, they never gave me either. I tried to claim under 6 months/10,000km wear and tear warranty. No staff benefits one la. 🤣

thats pretty normal.. 

u have not heard of worst.. I told them my GPS koyak.. before I reach newton circles, it tells me turn right which is an illegal turn to goodwood hotel.

They then tell me, boss toureg also koyak. They dismantle and place it on the dashboard and it's working fine now..

You can accept this logic ?? sounds like a fly by night workshop practice..

• Haha! 2

(edited)
1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

thats pretty normal.. 

u have not heard of worst.. I told them my GPS koyak.. before I reach newton circles, it tells me turn right which is an illegal turn to goodwood hotel.

They then tell me, boss toureg also koyak. They dismantle and place it on the dashboard and it's working fine now..

Haven’t heard of boss Toaureg koyak myself haha... I’m sure my aftersales colleagues are professional and doing their best.

Edited by AriesGoat

Anyway, just to share, for anyone looking to get the Superb 1.8 now, Skoda is celebrating their 2nd year in Singapore this weekend with attractive promos... do DM me for more details if you're keen. Also for other model as well. Cheers!

• Praise 4

Supercharged
9 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

thats pretty normal.. 

Wah, touareg so high end car also koyak ah?? Boss must be quite sian. 

Turbocharged
8 hours ago, Darkblue said:

Anyone Octavia has this rattle ?

Now sounds like laopok COE car rattlebox 🙄

Maybe I old liao hearing no good.. cannot hear it...

Is it driver side? If so maybe when they route the IU cable the cable is loose and hit some plastic panel..

On 3/5/2020 at 10:30 AM, Daniu82 said:

Hi all, just want to ask if there is any recommendations for brake pads that are good and less brake dust? Does changing of brake pads void the warranty? Another question, does changing of rims voids the warranty? Please advise. Thanks.

trws? brake pads are wear and tear items hence there is nothing to void under warranty... likewise for changing of rims, if u kept yr stock rims and hit a pothole making yr stock rims give way, would AD honor warranty for rims? nope. so just ahead to change!

anyway, rims are one of the first items new car drivers change. i dont see why warranty would not be honored if you followed the manufacturer's specs

• Praise 2

8 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Maybe I old liao hearing no good.. cannot hear it...

Is it driver side? If so maybe when they route the IU cable the cable is loose and hit some plastic panel..

Driver side B pillar below seat belt adjuster have creaks sound on uneven roads, can ignore.

Passenger side have rattle around A pillar, glove box, passenger door area, omg... 🤦‍♂️

Turbocharged
2 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

Driver side B pillar below seat belt adjuster have creaks sound on uneven roads, can ignore.

Passenger side have rattle around A pillar, glove box, passenger door area, omg... 🤦‍♂️

errr.. bro you are not alone.. when I got my Superb i find alot of creak near B pillar.. i check whatever nut and bolts i can see and tightened them.. VW group some more very SMART.. use those screws that need special tools.. I bought the tools and tightened too..

till today sound still there.. Gave up.. I try to live with it liao.. 

• Haha! 5

On 3/5/2020 at 10:30 AM, Daniu82 said:

Hi all, just want to ask if there is any recommendations for brake pads that are good and less brake dust? Does changing of brake pads void the warranty? Another question, does changing of rims voids the warranty? Please advise. Thanks.

What are the brands you have access too ? Ceramic based formula will be the solution you are looking for...

12 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

errr.. bro you are not alone.. when I got my Superb i find alot of creak near B pillar.. i check whatever nut and bolts i can see and tightened them.. VW group some more very SMART.. use those screws that need special tools.. I bought the tools and tightened too..

till today sound still there.. Gave up.. I try to live with it liao..  

$130000 also have creaks ?

Creak little can ignore, the rattle cannot la, for mine quite loud even less than 30% radio volume and replicate on uneven MSCP and rough roads... but I cannot diagnose the origin of the sound

Pretty annoying and Mrs also disappoint why our COE car also no such sound

Turbocharged
2 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

Creak little can ignore, the rattle cannot la, for mine quite loud even less than 30% radio volume and replicate on uneven MSCP and rough roads... but I cannot diagnose the origin of the sound

Errr $1.3 million car oso have noise problem.. don believe ask Fragrance Hotel Boss! 🤣

sound in car is very very hard to pinpoint as it resonates around. If boh bian go audio shop to identify.. need time n $$ to engage them. I once done mine on my toyota Previa.. in the evening n night when is quiet.. these pro can pinpoint it. But they may not take the job as HOW TO CHARGE u? It could be tightened screws or add a form but took them hours 🤣

• Praise 3

Supercharged
38 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

What are the brands you have access too ? Ceramic based formula will be the solution you are looking for...

Any brands and shops to recommend for these ceramic brands brake pads? 

1 hour ago, Darkblue said:

Your COE car no sound cos the soundproofing is already koyak, engine and road noise so loud, how to hear the creaks. 

Now you buy a new car with excellent soundproofing, these tiny sounds start to get to you, but you forgot that the road and tyre noise has disappeared.

• Haha! 3

4 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

Errr $1.3 million car oso have noise problem.. don believe ask Fragrance Hotel Boss! 🤣

sound in car is very very hard to pinpoint as it resonates around. If boh bian go audio shop to identify.. need time n $$ to engage them. I once done mine on my toyota Previa.. in the evening n night when is quiet.. these pro can pinpoint it. But they may not take the job as HOW TO CHARGE u? It could be tightened screws or add a form but took them hours 🤣 

Cool, it's worth it.

3 hours ago, Daniu82 said:

Any brands and shops to recommend for these ceramic brands brake pads? 

Your car model and photo, I can dig more info and share share...

2 hours ago, flashbang said:

Your COE car no sound cos the soundproofing is already koyak, engine and road noise so loud, how to hear the creaks. 

Now you buy a new car with excellent soundproofing, these tiny sounds start to get to you, but you forgot that the road and tyre noise has disappeared. 

Sometimes... koyak is bliss !

↡ Advertisement