A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

Turbocharged
11 hours ago, Soya said:

Standard answer is new model at least 1-2 yrs away, new model will be lower spec, new model will hv lower OMV, new model will not have this n that (coz all manufacturers like to spend billions to make something new worse, right?) So better buy current old stock

Only in Singapore new models get all the basic spec is it? I see other countries, the standard models are loaded up in spec..

I tot its the opposite. The first batch of the models get all the latest spec, this is for AD to show off. Later batches then remove. 

When Skoda first restarted, all the models were UK spec. 

• Praise 4

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Only in Singapore new models get all the basic spec is it? I see other countries, the standard models are loaded up in spec..

Funny thing is that in bolehland, they used to get crap 3rd world specs n we get the goodies

But it seems that the tables hv turned and we now get 3rd world specs instead...

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Adrianli said:

I tot its the opposite. The first batch of the models get all the latest spec, this is for AD to show off. Later batches then remove. 

When Skoda first restarted, all the models were UK spec. 

Really giving consumers a wrong impression.. unless when you buy, they tell this don't have that don't have.. maybe will have options.. all the motivation to buy dwindle off by then...

15 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

Really giving consumers a wrong impression.. unless when you buy, they tell this don't have that don't have.. maybe will have options.. all the motivation to buy dwindle off by then...

That is what Audi Singapore is doing. First batch of new car, everything also have and it cost a bomb just to own the first batch. The new A6 at launch was $300+k. Comes with 3.0T.

Subsequent batches came with 2.0T and all other stuff will be optional only. You have to tick the various option boxes to get what is in the first batch.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
7 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

That is what Audi Singapore is doing. First batch of new car, everything also have and it cost a bomb just to own the first batch. The new A6 at launch was $300+k. Comes with 3.0T.

Subsequent batches came with 2.0T and all other stuff will be optional only. You have to tick the various option boxes to get what is in the first batch.

I went to Audi website to see the new A4. But the car configuration is making me crazy, so many things to configure. 

2 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

I went to Audi website to see the new A4. But the car configuration is making me crazy, so many things to configure. 

When you sit down with the SE, there is a 2 - 3 page option boxes to tick!!!

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

And they will tell you buy what is in stock. Order will have a 10 K premuim

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

Twincharged
(edited)
8 hours ago, Adrianli said:

When you sit down with the SE, there is a 2 - 3 page option boxes to tick!!!

The entire process is like going in a tailor shop but not as glam as maybac with the light control room where it’s tune to the degree on the earth hemisphere to show you how the Color of the car would look like in the sunlight 

audi has leather swatches and table of dash trim for you to look at 

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
19 hours ago, Daniu82 said:

Wait till you use Porsche's configurator.. the number of options is endless 

• Haha! 3

2 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Wait till you use Porsche's configurator.. the number of options is endless 

wait till you see the end price after the config of the porsche. May end up with 50% of the cost of the car.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Even driver electric seat is an option

If u ask me I don need such option.. heavy and useless to me..

I am a One Owner One Driver car.. my seat never get adjusted at all 🤣

• Haha! 4

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Ody_2004 said:

And waiting to spoil. But if you are a one driver car. Spoil also Can heck care. 😀

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

Try the mx5 ND and the adjustment is like a cam. It goes up and nearer or go lower and further. There is no nearer to the steering wheel and then adjust height

On 7/12/2020 at 9:40 AM, Achtung7 said:

Anybody has any news of the Scala? When will.it be on sale?

In my own opinion, probably Q4 if fast. 

↡ Advertisement