A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

57 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

Super agree. New model most likely will be priced higher than outgoing model. If you gei gao 3-5k difference, then just get other brands lor. For the spec of the VRS, the price already very good liao. Try comparing with cars with similar specs and then see the price. 

I think some buy cars like buying coke at Cold Storage prices vs buying at value shop prices or at least settle for non Vietnam coke at ntuc prices.

So now that it’s at clearance sales, would intro prices at 127k be a better value or 129 k for out going model with virtual cockpit minus the rear wiper?

the wildcard is of course if the new model comes in with a fall in coe prices (unlikely) and sell at intro prices all over again at 127k. 

then all those who bought clearance sales would have been Robert n have a higher drop in the use car market .. 

my thoughts are still the same. But with what value you comfortable with as you going to drive it for the next 2 years or so. After all, money can be earn back in other investment instruments and take it as it is. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Neutral Newbie

What's wrong with you guys? Calm your titties? 😫

All I'm saying is for the current price, it makes more sense (personally) to wait for the new incoming VRS model next year. Even if it's $5-10K more, I still think it's more worthwhile than getting the outgoing one. 

15 hours ago, Fastball said:

What's wrong with you guys? Calm your titties? 😫

All I'm saying is for the current price, it makes more sense (personally) to wait for the new incoming VRS model next year. Even if it's $5-10K more, I still think it's more worthwhile than getting the outgoing one. 

Ok. NPNT. 

Went down to Skoda on Sunday hoping to get a Octavia as my first ever car. In the end, the high COE prices meant that the maximum budget my lovely wife set for me was not enough. We are, after all, kind of in a recession, and with a baby on the way...

Have to really commend and thank @AriesGoat for his hard work the whole of today. I felt he really tried very hard to help us during the several rounds of negotiation, and I never once felt pressured or forced into any purchase. Allowed both me and my wife to throughly test the car and even though we had to walk away due to our budget being insufficient, we could do so as friends and with good feelings all round.

Thanks to him, I only have eyes for the Octavia. If prices do ever come down, I look forward to joining all of you guys here.  

Rgds

• Praise 15

9 hours ago, tjyand said:

Went down to Skoda on Sunday hoping to get a Octavia as my first ever car. In the end, the high COE prices meant that the maximum budget my lovely wife set for me was not enough. We are, after all, kind of in a recession, and with a baby on the way...

Have to really commend and thank @AriesGoat for his hard work the whole of today. I felt he really tried very hard to help us during the several rounds of negotiation, and I never once felt pressured or forced into any purchase. Allowed both me and my wife to throughly test the car and even though we had to walk away due to our budget being insufficient, we could do so as friends and with good feelings all round.

Thanks to him, I only have eyes for the Octavia. If prices do ever come down, I look forward to joining all of you guys here.  

Rgds

Thanks bro, it’s great meeting you and your wife! Congrats once again and best wishes to you both! See you again soon. 😁🙏

4 hours ago, Shouyi said:

Still no news of the Scala yet ?

the previous spaceback wasnt that popular.

So, unless the price is really dirt cheap for a 1.5T, I doubt the sales take up rate will be any good.

5 hours ago, AriesGoat said:

Thanks bro, it’s great meeting you and your wife! Congrats once again and best wishes to you both! See you again soon. 😁🙏

Bro - really pricing is a main issue here. Update us once the price falls near 120K range. Else quite hard to bite the bullet during current situation

11 hours ago, AriesGoat said:

5 hours ago, Colin03 said:

Bro - really pricing is a main issue here. Update us once the price falls near 120K range. Else quite hard to bite the bullet during current situation

Haha I wasn't looking at the Octavia RS, just the vanilla RS so the price was not even above 120k to begin with! first ever car, not wise to go out and get a performance car (which would not really be needed to shuttle baby back and forth childcare). also, wanted to avoid taking loan if possible (as it would add to the total cost of the car).

And in @AriesGoatdefence, I did look up sgcarmart to check on distributor's base cost of the Octavia. at the listed promo price its between 15-20% margin which is relatively decent. Plus, he tried as best as possible over many rounds of nego to provide a better package. at the end of the day, I don't think there was much more the AD or https://www.mycarforum.com/profile/231718-ariesgoat/ could have done. 

Instead of the AD, I blame the policymakers for their totally inexplicable decision to release the 3 months of backlogged COEs over 12 months. Now, COE prices are soaring and putting prices of my (relatively reasonable) dream car out of reach. I mean, its not as if I was going after a branded car right... plus its in the middle of a bloody recession and COE prices are soaring (makes you think that it is intentional lor)

so, wait until end of year and see if Octavia going to EOL and/or COE drop lor - my wife's choice of color might be gone by then and COE might have gone up making the purchase impossible but I have to at least wait cos it is my dream car now. no way I am going to settle for a 80k Vios that is absolutely no joy or fun to drive... its a matter of whether got fate or not. 

p.s. AriesGoat, my last offer to your mgmt from yesterday is as strong as ever and I am ready to act on it if your boss suddenly is in a good mood, btw.   

Edited by tjyand
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Supercharged
56 minutes ago, tjyand said:

Instead of the AD, I blame the policymakers for their totally inexplicable decision to release the 3 months of backlogged COEs over 12 months. Now, COE prices are soaring and putting prices of my (relatively reasonable) dream car out of reach. I mean, its not as if I was going after a branded car right... plus its in the middle of a bloody recession and COE prices are soaring (makes you think that it is intentional lor)

Bro, understand that it is frustrating to have the sweet grapes just beyond your reach.

But maybe think of it this positive way

If you wait a period of time more, maybe your finances will be better state to go for whatever you want without needing to bargain till pants down and mouth dry. Heck maybe next time you will just be ordering an A4 at full cash instead!

If you are on the financial edge of just being able to afford this car, then maybe more prudent in this climate to pull the brakes and have more $$ buffer for rainy day.

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, tjyand said:

Haha I wasn't looking at the Octavia RS, just the vanilla RS so the price was not even above 120k to begin with! first ever car, not wise to go out and get a performance car (which would not really be needed to shuttle baby back and forth childcare). also, wanted to avoid taking loan if possible (as it would add to the total cost of the car).

And in @AriesGoatdefence, I did look up sgcarmart to check on distributor's base cost of the Octavia. at the listed promo price its between 15-20% margin which is relatively decent. Plus, he tried as best as possible over many rounds of nego to provide a better package. at the end of the day, I don't think there was much more the AD or https://www.mycarforum.com/profile/231718-ariesgoat/ could have done. 

so, wait until end of year and see if Octavia going to EOL and/or COE drop lor - my wife's choice of color might be gone by then and COE might have gone up making the purchase impossible but I have to at least wait cos it is my dream car now. no way I am going to settle for a 80k Vios that is absolutely no joy or fun to drive... its a matter of whether got fate or not. 

p.s. AriesGoat, my last offer to your mgmt from yesterday is as strong as ever and I am ready to act on it if your boss suddenly is in a good mood, btw.   

Can consider getting used 1-2 yrs old since coe on the rise getting used will be better

• Praise 2

13 hours ago, tjyand said:

ok.. din know there was 2 version of RS...

Did your sales recommend the cyber green that was a tad cheaper ? or the unreg showroom car ? 

• Haha! 1

15 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

ok.. din know there was 2 version of RS...

Did your sales recommend the cyber green that was a tad cheaper ? or the unreg showroom car ? 

eh paiseh haha I meant, the vanilla Octavia. non-RS version! 

12 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

Bro, understand that it is frustrating to have the sweet grapes just beyond your reach.

But maybe think of it this positive way

If you wait a period of time more, maybe your finances will be better state to go for whatever you want without needing to bargain till pants down and mouth dry. Heck maybe next time you will just be ordering an A4 at full cash instead!

If you are on the financial edge of just being able to afford this car, then maybe more prudent in this climate to pull the brakes and have more $$ buffer for rainy day.

very kind words from you, and appreciate your understanding! haha me and wife never wanted car in the first place. depreciating asset, and money black hole.

But after realised gonna have kid, no choice need to send kid to infant care. started car search with 35k budget for 5 year used car. cannot because only kias attrages etc available at that price.

Then bump to 50k for used vios, but the interior was really bad. concluded used cars not worth it because of the high COEs of these cars. Plus, used car dealers... really feel very sian dealing with them and being lied to. 

After that, look at new cars.. set budget of up to 80k. was looking at the Seat Toledo and Toyota Vios. But the Toledo test car was pretty noisy.. whirring and air con noise. scared to buy. vios not exciting to drive at all. 

the max limit for me is the Octavia - very happy with the ride handling and driving dynamics. And considering that we never wanted car and have been making do with public transport, kid on the way, recession coming, felt irresponsible to spend so much on the Octavia. No way my CO will allow the A4. Besides, Octavia I feel has much more value for money than A4. 

10 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Can consider getting used 1-2 yrs old since coe on the rise getting used will be better

concluded used cars not worth it because of the high COEs of these cars (5 year cars are around 45-60k Cat A COE). Plus, used car dealers... really feel very sian dealing with them and being lied to. 

10 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Things happened for a reason.

Good things come to those who wait.

yep got you bro. if COE dont go down, then no choice have to take Grab with newborn. 

10 minutes ago, tjyand said:

very kind words from you, and appreciate your understanding! haha me and wife never wanted car in the first place. depreciating asset, and money black hole.

But after realised gonna have kid, no choice need to send kid to infant care. started car search with 35k budget for 5 year used car. cannot because only kias attrages etc available at that price.

Then bump to 50k for used vios, but the interior was really bad. concluded used cars not worth it because of the high COEs of these cars. Plus, used car dealers... really feel very sian dealing with them and being lied to. 

After that, look at new cars.. set budget of up to 80k. was looking at the Seat Toledo and Toyota Vios. But the Toledo test car was pretty noisy.. whirring and air con noise. scared to buy. vios not exciting to drive at all. 

the max limit for me is the Octavia - very happy with the ride handling and driving dynamics. And considering that we never wanted car and have been making do with public transport, kid on the way, recession coming, felt irresponsible to spend so much on the Octavia. No way my CO will allow the A4. Besides, Octavia I feel has much more value for money than A4. 

concluded used cars not worth it because of the high COEs of these cars (5 year cars are around 45-60k Cat A COE). Plus, used car dealers... really feel very sian dealing with them and being lied to. 

yep got you bro. if COE dont go down, then no choice have to take Grab with newborn. 

Hope u will be able to drive your dream car soon 😊

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, tjyand said:

Thank you thank you! 

For the small delta of 4 k the ambition plus is worth considering.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2