A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

7 hours ago, Shouyi said:

Does the Octavia comes with mirror down function in reverse gear? 

Should have. All VW group cars should have it as a basic function. 

• Praise 1

I met up with a Skoda SE recently and was informed that the mirror down function only comes with cars fitted with powered seats. Since the Octavia does not have powered seats, hence it does not come with the function.

• Praise 1

I have a hunch it can be done. Maybe owners here can confirm.

Else I can help to experiment, just ping me to arrange convenient time.

Disclaimer: The only small risk you take is that your car may get bricked due to the codings. 🤣

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Shouyi said:

Does the Octavia comes with mirror down function in reverse gear? 

30 minutes ago, Shouyi said:

I met up with a Skoda SE recently and was informed that the mirror down function only comes with cars fitted with powered seats. Since the Octavia does not have powered seats, hence it does not come with the function.

For my SEAT Ateca, I enabled the the mirror down function (during reverse) via coding.

I find the mirror down function is quite different from my previous car (Korean). After shifting out of reverse gear, the mirror is still tilted down. I read somewhere the mirror will return back to original position after driving off and reaching certain speed. Doesn't seem to happen for me, probably will give it a try again.

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Splinter said:

For my SEAT Ateca, I enabled the the mirror down function (during reverse) via coding.

I find the mirror down function is quite different from my previous car (Korean). After shifting out of reverse gear, the mirror is still tilted down. I read somewhere the mirror will return back to original position after driving off and reaching certain speed. Doesn't seem to happen for me, probably will give it a try again.

Normally after driving ard 15-20kmh then side mirror will tilt back

• Praise 1

Just now, Thaiyotakamli said:

Normally after driving ard 15-20kmh then side mirror will tilt back

Thanks! I will give it a try again. 

I think it can be enabled via coding for Skoda as well and of course when it comes to coding, it's at your own risk. 😅

5 minutes ago, Splinter said:

Great, so confirms it's possible.

Yes mirror shd tilt back after moving off at certain speed. Immediate if put to P. If mirror is not tilting back, it could be a symptom of weak batt.

2 hours ago, Splinter said:

Yup. Sometimes it refuse to tilt up unless u hit 4 kmh. But its only very rarevthat it does not tilt to it original angle.