A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

Have noticed Skoda reducing prices for many models across the range. Octavia (both the ambition and the vRS), Superb, Karoq and Kodiaq. Very aggressive and good pricing despite no change from COE.  Hoping some bros can snatch a good deal and join the skoda family. 

↡ Advertisement

On 10/22/2020 at 4:30 AM, Beanoyip said:

Most customers here want all the options, no? Given a choice of full spec car vs bare bone, which will the customer choose?

love this point. 

here in sg, buyers look at brand first. put the 3 pointer and a bare bone car vs a fully spec non 3 pointer, ppl will buy which one? 

3 hours ago, berry64694 said:

Have noticed Skoda reducing prices for many models across the range. Octavia (both the ambition and the vRS), Superb, Karoq and Kodiaq. Very aggressive and good pricing despite no change from COE.  Hoping some bros can snatch a good deal and join the skoda family. 

cheapest octavia was around 89k if i'm not wrong when coe was pretty low last year. 

On 10/22/2020 at 8:24 AM, Ody_2004 said:

First of all why they need to grow this estate segment when their sedan is moving?

why an agent need to do that?

If some buyer really need an Skoda estate there's one PI selling previously. If the demand is there I believe more PI will fill this gap first but for now I don't think it is happening.

well for starter Skoda isn't that popular here. It's not like their sedans are selling so well that they don't have enough resources to sell Combi.

39 minutes ago, Wondertree said:

If I were to speculate, it looks more like they dump the sedans here because skoda Combis are in better demand in europe. 

Alot chinese here don’t believe in driving combi lol

meanwhile in europe combi is popular as its suitable for road trips and angmoh no pantang

• Praise 5

47 minutes ago, Wondertree said:

well for starter Skoda isn't that popular here. It's not like their sedans are selling so well that they don't have enough resources to sell Combi.

Skoda sell about same car as volvo every month but volvo have combi, how to say? 

• Praise 3

On 10/21/2020 at 5:59 AM, Beanoyip said:

How come VCS don't come out with packages for add on to the cars

For e.g Comfort and sound package, design package, tech package etc..

If I’m not wrong, all these will require homologation which will take a lot a lot of time including shipment (COE changes in that time span) and also translate to higher taxes, maybe even VES. As all cars are spec from factory and not locally fitted, so a new build is required. 
This is my understanding. 

• Praise 3

On 10/22/2020 at 4:10 PM, Sdf4786k said:

Don’t have to even talk about that.. 

the straight forward Passat variant also no ones buy other than when it’s from a demo or management car deal. 

so why would one even consider going that route to offer it?

I rather they offer cars for limited edition run but even then the beetle dune edition or polo GTI was lacking in take up rate.

You guys very pro and analytical. 👍👍 response from bro @Ody_2004 and the rest is a good read! 

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Alot chinese here don’t believe in driving combi lol

meanwhile in europe combi is popular as its suitable for road trips and angmoh no pantang

I find the Honda jade with 1.5t having decent poke n nice shape .. so why is it lacking in buyers?

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

I find the Honda jade with 1.5t having decent poke n nice shape .. so why is it lacking in buyers?

I've only seen one ever. Usually on my school run.

I think it's just not very practical. too small to fit multiple seats. Have captain seats in 2nd row but an almost unusable 3rd row.
https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/review.php?AID=1037&PN=2

• Praise 2

15 hours ago, ferrytales said:

cheapest octavia was around 89k if i'm not wrong when coe was pretty low last year. 

well, those who missed the boat have missed the boat. all i'm saying is they seemed to have reduced prices this time round as opposed to many other brands. personally, I don't understand why someone will buy an Altis compared to an Octavia at this price. Those who go for the Altis probably never felt the superior drive of the Octavia vs Jap/Korean cars. 

• Praise 4

5 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

Coz it's essentially a 4 seater w a cramped 3rd row

Test drove b4....thot it needed way more poke. And better NVH

• Praise 1

26 minutes ago, Soya said:

Coz it's essentially a 4 seater w a cramped 3rd row

Test drove b4....thot it needed way more poke. And better NVH

You pay for what u get .. pay Honda get  RS 3 performance unheard of .. 

• Haha! 4

6 hours ago, berry64694 said:

well, those who missed the boat have missed the boat. all i'm saying is they seemed to have reduced prices this time round as opposed to many other brands. personally, I don't understand why someone will buy an Altis compared to an Octavia at this price. Those who go for the Altis probably never felt the superior drive of the Octavia vs Jap/Korean cars. 

Some Altis buyer juz wants A to B transport n can afford something better than a Vios. Nothing realli wrong w that as that's what a car is to some ppl. An appliance. Even rich ones who can afford a nice badge

U say Skoda they might give u a puzzled look n say they don't understand why ppl buy conti. Jiak yu n always overheat one.....

• Haha! 1

7 hours ago, Soya said:

Some Altis buyer juz wants A to B transport n can afford something better than a Vios. Nothing realli wrong w that as that's what a car is to some ppl. An appliance. Even rich ones who can afford a nice badge

U say Skoda they might give u a puzzled look n say they don't understand why ppl buy conti. Jiak yu n always overheat one.....

Most ppl worry about reliability and resale value

But for skoda at least its covered 5 yrs warranty by reputable AD and resale value i think any car brand u sell to dealer will not get good value😜

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3