Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

23 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

This one lor

It looks fierce but not as fierce as it looks😂

70CA0706-530A-4BDE-888B-8439BE6BFEDA.png

9EBB3063-1AE2-4F91-8796-FD34296C7D40.png

strangely enough I just saw a white Skoda Rapid exiting the holland close carpark earlier this evening, also with a SMP number plate. Was jogging so I didn't get the full number. 

doesnt look too bad! the rear lights almost like an Octavia, looks like a larger Audi A1. I would imagine those variants with a 1.4 engine should be pretty responsive, and I think it was priced below 80k last time when clearing stock? 

Pity they don't have anything in that segment, would have gone for that instead of the Octavia. Budget conscious, lah :D

28 minutes ago, tjyand said:

strangely enough I just saw a white Skoda Rapid exiting the holland close carpark earlier this evening, also with a SMP number plate. Was jogging so I didn't get the full number. 

doesnt look too bad! the rear lights almost like an Octavia, looks like a larger Audi A1. I would imagine those variants with a 1.4 engine should be pretty responsive, and I think it was priced below 80k last time when clearing stock? 

Pity they don't have anything in that segment, would have gone for that instead of the Octavia. Budget conscious, lah :D

Why not try seat toledo?😀

4 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

The 1.4 prices are not bad as well.. 

OCTAVIA AMBITION
1.4 TSI 110 kW

VES Band: B
List Price: SGD 124,900
Black Friday Special Price: SGD 95,900

OCTAVIA AMBITION PLUS
1.4 TSI 110 kW

List Price: SGD 129,900
Black Friday Special Price: SGD 101,900

Very close to use car prices 

Clear stock price to make way for new model probably

• Haha! 1

Very likely..

base on calculation it’s about 12k depreciation or 1 k a mount depreciation which works out to.be about 35 dollars a day excluding running cost

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

I tot saw this Octavia as one of the contender for Sgcarmart car of the year for one of the category?  If this car win the prize but shortly later EOL wouldn't it be bit embarrassing isn't it?

1 hour ago, Fat_slayer said:

I tot saw this Octavia as one of the contender for Sgcarmart car of the year for one of the category?  If this car win the prize but shortly later EOL wouldn't it be bit embarrassing isn't it?

I think it is the VRS that is nominated in the performance sedan category.

The new VRS is a hybrid.

That said, when the new Octavia is launched locally, it would definitely be a very strong contender for car of the year, provided the specs are similar to the overseas versions.

Edited by Lotr
  • Praise 2

25 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

It's just a pity that the combi models aren't selling here officially. Skoda made one of the best styling estate and with the best boot space as well.

Maybe when skodas are more popular here.

The FL superb has just been launched in Taiwan and all the press cars are the combi versions.

• Praise 2

10 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Clear stock price to make way for new model probably

Yeah. Clear old stock price. Convenient to use the black Friday event 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

12 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Why not try seat toledo?😀

We did consider that. But came without things like auto retracting mirrors, keyless start, leather seats, lower tuned engine, blind spot assist, pq platform instead of mqb platform, plus I think the test car was quite noisy. The price difference was too small to justify the lower package in the Toledo. 

Of course with the higher VES rebate now, that may have changed. Too late for us anyway, buy already just enjoy lor. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Lotr said:

Maybe when skodas are more popular here.

The FL superb has just been launched in Taiwan and all the press cars are the combi versions.

see the popularity of this thread. but in reality how many  skodas out there.

my mscp i spot 1. ( not to mention 1 seat also)😁

• Haha! 1

18 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

The 1.4 prices are not bad as well.. 

OCTAVIA AMBITION
1.4 TSI 110 kW

List Price: SGD 124,900
Black Friday Special Price: SGD 95,900

OCTAVIA AMBITION PLUS
1.4 TSI 110 kW

List Price: SGD 129,900
Black Friday Special Price: SGD 101,900

Very close to use car prices 

price competitive than Japan and Korean. 

this would better choice and better reliability . 

3 hours ago, Lotr said:

I think it is the VRS that is nominated in the performance sedan category.

The new VRS is a hybrid.

That said, when the new Octavia is launched locally, it would definitely be a very strong contender for car of the year, provided the specs are similar to the overseas versions.

What you mean hybrid? They have 2 models as I've mentioned previously.. the normal 2.0TFSI and 1.4 iV model, both producing 245PS..

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

25 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

What you mean hybrid? They have 2 models as I've mentioned previously.. the normal 2.0TFSI and 1.4 iV model, both producing 245PS..

I thought there is only the 1.4 IV model. Thanks for pointing out.

• Praise 1

Just signed for the Kodiaq 1.4 AP.
Would like to share our experience on car shopping with the different brands we were interested in.

A few of the brands we considered: KIA, Honda, Skoda, Mazda. We short listed these few because of a combination of factors like my wife's preference for Jap cars (She said it just feels more comfortable driving), interior fit and finish, handling and power, safety features, practicality and of course the cost of ownership.

Sedans vs SUV: Sedans were definitely on our consideration since we are already driving a family owned Altis now and it meets our requirements and served us well (300,000 km over 15 years, minimal issues except for wear and tear).
However, it is likely we'll be looking to upgrade in the future to a 7 seater or more spacious SUV as we have aging parents and also having more little ones in the near future if we choose to buy a sedan.
SUV would be more of a want at the moment, since both of us are sick of driving sedans, and we love the higher sitting position.

We went to the showrooms in this order.

KIA

Cerato - We actually like the interior of the car and its acceptable for being 80k ish. Only 2 airbags (deal breaker) unless we went for GT Trim which has 6. Did not like the low roof due to sunroof. Did not test drive since not practical.

Seltos - Spacious at the back, Ok looking (find the design too busy for my liking), same plastic trim pieces at the dash as the Cerato. At this price point of 110-120k, just felt that is was lacking. Did not test drive since price did not feel right.

Sorento - Did not like the busy looking interior, plastic trim pieces at the dash. Space wise at the 3rd row was decent. Good looks from the outside.
Definitely did not like the package enough to justify the high road tax from 2.2l diesel and cost of 149k for base trim level.
Did not test drive since price did not feel right.

Honda

Civic 1.6 NA - We loved the drive overall. Only 2 airbags again unless we went for the 1.5 turbo which we were not willing to pay for, 120k ish. NVH a little higher than our Altis.
At 94k ish we did consider this car as our fall back option if we could not find anything else.

HRV - Wife love the drive and slightly higher position, however I felt nauseous at the back. Comfort was terrible behind, NVH is unacceptable for me.

Mazda

Mazda6 - Only considered this model as other sedans rear space is unacceptable. Much better NVH compared to the Civic / HRV, interior is just top class and comes with 6 airbags as standard.
At 107k ish, we dropped all other Sedans out of our shortlist. Drive was luxurious, but lacked the power. Definitely would pick this over Civic.

CX5 - Really loved the drive of this, similar to the Mazda6 except NVH is even better albeit still some road noise at higher speeds. Drive was luxurious, but lacked the power.
We almost signed on this when we decided to give Skoda a chance. 

Skoda

Superb - Really loved the 2.0l turbo engine responsiveness and drive. The drive and NVH quality is above Jap brands. Very good legroom. Interior was not as good as the Mazda, but felt that it is classy and modern looking.
At 130k, we were willing to top up for all the things it was doing well overall.

Kodiaq -  Loved the drive for a 1.4l turbo, it was more than adequate. NVH is the best I have experienced so far. Very good legroom and Interior was something special with the sunroof going all the way to the 2nd row seats. This was love at first drive/sight for my wife and I. We test drove this car after the CX5 actually and would prefer the Kodiaq.
Slightly more expensive than the CX-5 but at base trim level comes with all that we needed. I noticed that I had to top up for Mazda if I wanted similar safety features.
Slightly more expensive than the superb, but we get all the goodies of a SUV. While I crave for the Superb's 2.0l turbo, I was willing to give it up for a SUV.

Special Thanks

We wanted to give special thanks to our Agent and now friend, Ryan from Skoda for doing such an excellent job of showing us around and patiently explaining the pros and cons of the cars we tested.
Ryan really went the extra mile for us when he knew we were at the edge of making a decision; he put together a sweet deal that we could not resist.
Ladies and Gents here who are looking for Skoda, do look for Ryan!

Edited by Zeeal
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 12