A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

56 minutes ago, Soya said:

Your fren look at it as glass half empty 

Shld look at it positively that Skoda is safe from bolehland car thief...

Not for too long though. When VW stop selling the Passat, Superb will be the next target. :D A good problem for Skoda owner I presume? [drivingcar]

Volkswagen Is Killing The Passat Sedan In Europe

vw-passat-facelift-2019.jpg

Volkswagen had planned to move production of the European-spec Passat from Emden, Germany to a new VW Group plant in Turkey for the midsize model’s next generation. The switch will happen in 2023 when production of the Passat’s sister model, the Skoda Superb, will be relocated from the Czech plant in Kvasiny. However, a new report from Automotive News Europe claims VW has decided to discontinue the Passat sedan in Europe.

The silver lining? The Passat won’t be axed altogether in Europe as ANE reports the wagon (Variant) will live to see another generation. The thinking is VAG wants to reduce the risk of cannibalization as the Skoda Superb is known to eat into the Passat sedan’s sales due to its greater practicality thanks to a larger footprint and a hatchback layout. It also used to be cheaper, but the gap between the two has been reduced in recent years.

The report goes on to mention the next-generation Superb will target customers from countries in central and eastern Europe where sedans are still popular while the long-roof Passat will lure in buyers from western Europe. It goes without saying the Passat’s biggest enemy is not its Czech counterpart, but the proliferation of SUVs.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

Hi my 2year old skoda "keyless access system faulty" pop up. The people at Skoda found that some animal (rat) had chewed into the wiring harness for the boot sensor. They fixed it for around $40 during servicing. 2 days later it happened again. Now they claim that a whole section of the wire and connector had been damaged as well. Now the fix is $90. 

1) is this a common problem?

2) is there a more affordable/permanent fix to this problem should it happen again?

Thanks

IMG-20201201-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20201201-WA0000.jpg

Edited by ThinkingofSkoda
Grammar and sentence structure error 😂
  • Shocked 5

2 hours ago, ThinkingofSkoda said:

Hi my 2year old skoda "keyless access system faulty" pop up. The people at Skoda found that some animal (rat) had chewed into the wiring harness for the boot sensor. They fixed it for around $40 during servicing. 2 days later it happened again. Now they claim that a whole section of the wire and connector had been damaged as well. Now the fix is $90. 

2) is there a more affordable/permanent fix to this problem should it happen again?

Thanks

IMG-20201201-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20201201-WA0000.jpg

Bro i suggest that if AD can fix your problem for $90, please do it at AD since your car is only 2 yrs old.

Even if outside charge you half price at $45, its electronic issue, just pay so you can keep record.

• Praise 1

Already fixed at the AD, but they couldn't install extra "wire protection" measures to avoid future damage. 

For me the 2 incidents happen back to back in the space of 3 days. It is very painful if each event cost $40-90 to fix and lost of the use of car for 1full day at the AD workshop. Sent in the car at 0800, got it back at 1745 on both occasions.

2 hours ago, Adrianli said:

I am surprised that Skoda AD uses electrical tape to wrap the wires instead of the proper heat shrinking tubes.:mellow:

So many cars to service no time

so use duck tape instead. Fast and better than rubber band🤣

• Haha! 1

11 hours ago, ThinkingofSkoda said:

Thanks

Maybe you should be fixing the inherent problem of why is there a rodent chewing on your car wires..

• Praise 3

13 hours ago, ThinkingofSkoda said:

Already fixed at the AD, but they couldn't install extra "wire protection" measures to avoid future damage. 

For me the 2 incidents happen back to back in the space of 3 days. It is very painful if each event cost $40-90 to fix and lost of the use of car for 1full day at the AD workshop. Sent in the car at 0800, got it back at 1745 on both occasions.

So for both occassions, SCS said it's due to animal chewing the harness off?

19 hours ago, Soya said:

Your fren look at it as glass half empty 

Shld look at it positively that Skoda is safe from bolehland car thief...

not true..

Rims and tires as well as engine and parts are portable to any SEAT / VW/ Audi

10 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

So many cars to service no time

so use duck tape instead. Fast and better than rubber band🤣

Ok, I dont doubt him on the tape part.

But I know VCS does not use electical tape. They use this instead.

https://sg.rs-online.com/web/p/electrical-tapes/7682561/?cm_mmc=SG-PLA-DS3A-_-google-_-PLA_SG_EN_Adhesives_%26_Sealants_%26_Tapes_Whoop-_-(SG:Whoop!)+Electrical+Tapes-_-7682561&matchtype=&pla-341159814466&gclid=CjwKCAiA8Jf-BRB-EiwAWDtEGqvFG93aonz1T7I7m4aHp6qarQah9IKTN74zwP3dnO7caD_uXSulMBoC1wcQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

image.png.bd1d03be1e38e0b4e3da7c182b4dd59f.png

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, ThinkingofSkoda said:

in the data center space, they use rodent proof cables.

It rather tough. But not impossible to cut.

So as they say, need to solve the rodent problem and not a quick and dirty solution.

7 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Maybe you should be fixing the inherent problem of why is there a rodent chewing on your car wires..

how u solve, unless it's your own landed and u can set rodent trap.

40 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

in the data center space, they use rodent proof cables.

It rather tough. But not impossible to cut.

So as they say, need to solve the rodent problem and not a quick and dirty solution.

next time must request change to armour cable 

↡ Advertisement