A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

25 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

By keeping the car clean for a start?

huh... a rat can crawl into your cabin?

These are not ants, roaches leh.

u tell me a rat can find something in your undercarriage/bumper to eat meh. Unless u have a boot full of bananas or rice? [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Apart from road and brake dust, I think I keep my car pretty clean. I don't eat or leave food in car overnight.

My hdb estate only has open air carpark so MSCP is not an option. This is no market nearby and the coffeeshop and rubbish centre is like 4-5 blocks away,

From my past 17years of parking in that same area, never had a car that got wire or cable damaged like this.

Yes the service advisor said that the cable is damaged by some animal, probably rodents. on both occasions. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

not true..

Rims and tires as well as engine and parts are portable to any SEAT / VW/ Audi

But...but....vw always spoil bah

U sure the baddies want? 

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

huh... a rat can crawl into your cabin?

These are not ants, roaches leh.

u tell me a rat can find something in your undercarriage/bumper to eat meh. Unless u have a boot full of bananas or rice? [laugh]

Some knowledge learning for you..."Rats can fit through some surprisingly small holes, but it isn't because their bones are soft or come apart. Rats can fit through small holes because their bodies are long, flexible and cylindrical in shape. They are burrowing animals that spend their lives running down tunnels and through tight spaces."

Also rats are well know for chewing car wires...not so much in Singapore though as our cars and the areas we parked are usually clean. Previously in Army, I know of a lot of vehicles parked in the vehicle shed have wires chewed by rats.  

Rats are attracted by both warmth of the car and sometimes food in or around the car. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/science/2020/02/13/rats-will-devour-your-car/

https://www.rentokil.co.uk/blog/automotive-rodents/

1 hour ago, ThinkingofSkoda said:

Apart from road and brake dust, I think I keep my car pretty clean. I don't eat or leave food in car overnight.

My hdb estate only has open air carpark so MSCP is not an option. This is no market nearby and the coffeeshop and rubbish centre is like 4-5 blocks away,

From my past 17years of parking in that same area, never had a car that got wire or cable damaged like this.

Yes the service advisor said that the cable is damaged by some animal, probably rodents. on both occasions. 

Maybe just unlucky that they looking for warmth. Or do you seldom use the car now due to WFH?

3 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

Some knowledge learning for you..."Rats can fit through some surprisingly small holes, but it isn't because their bones are soft or come apart. Rats can fit through small holes because their bodies are long, flexible and cylindrical in shape. They are burrowing animals that spend their lives running down tunnels and through tight spaces."

Also rats are well know for chewing car wires...not so much in Singapore though as our cars and the areas we parked are usually clean. Previously in Army, I know of a lot of vehicles parked in the vehicle shed have wires chewed by rats.  

Rats are attracted by both warmth of the car and sometimes food in or around the car. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/science/2020/02/13/rats-will-devour-your-car/

https://www.rentokil.co.uk/blog/automotive-rodents/

yeah. But even a lizard/roaches need to crawl in from the spaces between panels and through the vents.

Unless u drive lorry or van, it's unbelievable that u would have a rodent in the actual passenger or boot compartment of the car. The undercarriage or engine bay then anything goes lor. Since people have found snakes and cats in their engine bays.

Open air carparks more likely to have rats. But even then, town councils are quite on about rat eradication one.
In the last few years, I've only seen rats a few times.

21 hours ago, ThinkingofSkoda said:

Hi my 2year old skoda "keyless access system faulty" pop up. The people at Skoda found that some animal (rat) had chewed into the wiring harness for the boot sensor. They fixed it for around $40 during servicing. 2 days later it happened again. Now they claim that a whole section of the wire and connector had been damaged as well. Now the fix is $90. 

1) is this a common problem?

2) is there a more affordable/permanent fix to this problem should it happen again?

Thanks

IMG-20201201-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20201201-WA0000.jpg

anyway how they judge it is chewed by animal, or just some excuse...

49 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

yeah. But even a lizard/roaches need to crawl in from the spaces between panels and through the vents.

Unless u drive lorry or van, it's unbelievable that u would have a rodent in the actual passenger or boot compartment of the car. The undercarriage or engine bay then anything goes lor. Since people have found snakes and cats in their engine bays.

Well, they just need a space of 2 pencils according to reports.

47 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Open air carparks more likely to have rats. But even then, town councils are quite on about rat eradication one.
In the last few years, I've only seen rats a few times.

I see rats quite often but not so much in car parks though. Occasionally can see one running across the road or pavements and if you were to see clearly while walking along the pavements...the grass patches next to the pavement do have a lot of holes (burrows) and I have seen rats scuttering in.

But me nor my family or friends personally have car wires chew by rats. My only personal experiences was back in Army. 

So really it's quite rare to have rats chewing the wires of our cars.

But in any case, keeping cars clean helps. 

• Praise 1

Could the wiring harness be burned out?

If happen again, can deploy rat glue traps at the wiring area?

Catch, then you got positive ID on the culprit.

Have la...often see rodents at my hdb estate which is barely 5 years old. Witnessed them running over to the cars parked at the ground level of the mscp.

Happened to my colleague's honda civic too. Cables n fuel pipe kena chewed. Fuel also leaked out... This first thing he noticed was fuel smell

Those waiting for Scala to appear might have to wait a bit longer.. Should be similar story for SG..

UPDATE, December 2, 2020: Volkswagen Group Australia has confirmed this week that variants of the Kamiq, along with the full Scala range, are still awaiting the software update described in the story below.

An electrical glitch has delayed the introduction of the all-new Skoda Scala and Kamiq in Australia.

16 hours ago, ThinkingofSkoda said:

Maybe time to put some rodent repellent in your car?

18 hours ago, Soya said:

But...but....vw always spoil bah

U sure the baddies want? 

u sure u validate and test out all parts before install or you just pay to have it fixed ?

4 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Maybe time to put some rodent repellent in your car?

true story.

AMDK told off a certain FT on the Data center setup in Sg.

There was a suggestion to put rat trap on top of the datacenter and at the bottom to prevent rodents.

AMDK told the FT, " this is Sg, NOT india. I will not have you make a mockery out of the project "

I couldnt contain my laughter and burted out " I had strong coffee this morning and everything seems funny to me..."

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

true story.

AMDK told off a certain FT on the Data center setup in Sg.

There was a suggestion to put rat trap on top of the datacenter and at the bottom to prevent rodents.

AMDK told the FT, " this is Sg, NOT india. I will not have you make a mockery out of the project "

I couldnt contain my laughter and burted out " I had strong coffee this morning and everything seems funny to me..."

ha ha.. thats how our sg road being build with foreign knowledge.. 

↡ Advertisement