A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

22 hours ago, Cywong76 said:

thanks everyone for the inputs.

one thing I noticed with both cars are they are not selling much.. i was trying to look out for both cars on the road this week but didn't see one. In fact, I never get a chance to see a SKODA on the road. perhaps I didn't spend much time on the road. 

by the way, where do you see the historically prices of the cars? from my experience, the listed price is not accurate at all, cos the SE will provide some discounts, like the SUPERB now.

@Beanoyip lol, if only i wasn't give a choice of the VW passat, my decision would be easier. 

@Lotr position higher as in the branding? like AUDI over the VW and VW over the SUPERB? 

If you are already looking at Passat you can also look at Audi A4?as it could be cheaper then superb during clearance ssles

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

23 hours ago, Cywong76 said:

thanks everyone for the inputs.

one thing I noticed with both cars are they are not selling much.. i was trying to look out for both cars on the road this week but didn't see one. In fact, I never get a chance to see a SKODA on the road. perhaps I didn't spend much time on the road. 

by the way, where do you see the historically prices of the cars? from my experience, the listed price is not accurate at all, cos the SE will provide some discounts, like the SUPERB now.

@Beanoyip lol, if only i wasn't give a choice of the VW passat, my decision would be easier. 

@Lotr position higher as in the branding? like AUDI over the VW and VW over the SUPERB? 

If u want a car that sells much u can try to get Mazda 6, avante, cerato, sienta, vezel or even C class

• Haha! 3

37 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

If you are already looking at Passat you can also look at Audi A4?as it could be cheaper then superb during clearance ssles

haha, yes, A4 is actually my first priority but its selling at 150k now. So its a no no for now. 

It went to as low as 136k during Covid when they are clearing the older 2019 model.. depre only 11.6k for the A4. too bad I hesitated....

i dont think the A4 will ever go lower than the superb at all.. frankly, if you ask me, superb is a great car but it can't really go above 130k for now. in Singapore, car branding counts a lot i guess. Even if we compare the A4 against the C-Class, the OMV could be just a few K difference but the selling price is almost 30k diff 

1 minute ago, Cywong76 said:

haha, yes, A4 is actually my first priority but its selling at 150k now. So its a no no for now. 

It went to as low as 136k during Covid when they are clearing the older 2019 model.. depre only 11.6k for the A4. too bad I hesitated....

i dont think the A4 will ever go lower than the superb at all.. frankly, if you ask me, superb is a great car but it can't really go above 130k for now. in Singapore, car branding counts a lot i guess. Even if we compare the A4 against the C-Class, the OMV could be just a few K difference but the selling price is almost 30k diff 

U can get used A4 or C class, 1-2 yrs old selling about same price as superb, why not consider that? 

3 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

U can get used A4 or C class, 1-2 yrs old selling about same price as superb, why not consider that? 

but brand new car smell different.. 

we also don't know whether the used car got violent shaking in HDB carpark as well.. 🤫

25 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

i doubt you can get a 2 year old C class with a superb price. probably a 2.5 years old one.. but i found its not really worth the price. C class is overpriced here. 

A4 yes, a 2 year old can get it for 120k. Again, its new vs old and I will be like slapping myself to get a 2 year old for 120k when it was 136k for brand new few months ago. 

31 minutes ago, Contipro said:

but brand new car smell different.. 

we also don't know whether the used car got violent shaking in HDB carpark as well.. 🤫

But sitting inside merc or audi, it smells diff from skoda😁

• Haha! 3

47 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

If u want a car that sells much u can try to get Mazda 6, avante, cerato, sienta, vezel or even C class

not really. i dont like the too common factor, like my current ride. just stating an observation. 

9 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

But sitting inside merc or audi, it smells diff from skoda😁

hahahaa... its the badge smell. 

like comparing a LV vs a Chanel bag.. both are luxury bags but selling at different prices.. ask a woman why they want a Chanel more than a LV.. lol 

2 hours ago, Cywong76 said:

Yup.. must be ready to chiong once the price is right.. as in all things like stocks n property..

30 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Yup.. must be ready to chiong once the price is right.. as in all things like stocks n property..

haha, true. buying car in singapore is like buying stocks, you can't be wishy washy or always think price will go down further. else wait until cow comes home also won't buy anything.

set a target and just go for it. but end of the day, we are humans, not machines. your emotions will play with you.. 

4 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

Agree, the price of passat 2.0 and A4 2.0 is very close.

43 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

@Cywong76 did you approach our resident SE @AriesGoat for deals on Skoda? I'm sure he can give you a package you cannot resist..

No. My current Se gave me a package that is ok but not one that i cannot resist. 

How to define as cannot resist? 

36 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Agree, the price of passat 2.0 and A4 2.0 is very close.

I dont think its even close now. Its at least 20k diff.. A4 price is not so negiotiable. 

44 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

The A4 spec must be barebone basic.. just buying for brand sake...

A4 main feature to me is the virtual cockpit. To add it into both skoda and VW will make them almost same price as the A4. I havent try the 2020 A4 yet.. hence not sure what specs they have

Edited by Cywong76