A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

15 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

ya they not the cheapest but u can stay there see they work! whahahahahaha.. 

Batt capacity i no idea wor.. if upside will the alternator be strong enuff to charge it? mine trip is short.. abt 15km only..

yah. they do good work. spent quite a bit fixing my old clunker there. in the end i threw in the towel and changed to a cheapie jap econo box. I must say i'm glad not to have to visit workshops so much now.

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

yah. they do good work. spent quite a bit fixing my old clunker there. in the end i threw in the towel and changed to a cheapie jap econo box. I must say i'm glad not to have to visit workshops so much now.

Yeah.. I used to like go workshop when much younger.. but now the lesser the shorter time there the better 🤣

u zipping ard in Z31 right?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Does Dash cam they kill your battery during park mode?

Planning to get a thinkware u1000 for my RS245 thinking should i get the battery pack as well?

Pls do advice me of there is any other dash cam better ones

On 1/14/2021 at 12:09 AM, Thaiyotakamli said:

I asked scs they said will void if no change with them😁

Why everyone here so scared void warranty, don't tell me you change/buy aftermarket tyre cap, SCS will void the tyre warranty???

Edited by Beanoyip

On 1/12/2021 at 7:35 AM, badlammy said:

Wah u still on original batt? Mine is about same mileage and age, and i already changed last June.

700 for AGM batt is ridiculous la. I changed mine at 260 all-in. Also Varta, 70ah.

20200613_110001.jpg

the connector cover is on the wrong side... 

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, westwest1 said:

the connector cover is on the wrong side... 

Why wrong leh? I rather view as they shortchanged me 1 connector cover. Anw, those not impt to me as my previous car dun even have 1 and I'm not into covering up the batt with all sorts of covers.

As long as have the heat shield wrap, good enough.

3 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Just got my battery replaced today. 75AH compare to stock 68AH.. 

5143A54A-0065-461B-8C89-B15566419410.jpeg

A838D2A1-4FFC-422B-A36D-C48143F61793.jpeg

Hoppecke! My favorite. Lasted me 3 yrs+ on my previous ride...till it died on 1st day of a CNY! 😅

How much? Or this is the AS OEM one?

Edited by badlammy
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

15 minutes ago, badlammy said:

Hoppecke! My favorite. Lasted me 3 yrs+ on my previous ride...till it died on 1st day of a CNY! 😅

How much? Or this is the AS OEM one?

OEM ah.. $280 plus GST loh.. at first i want original but boss said must wait.. so when he said it is Hoppecke i take loh

boss said no need reset battery status wor.. but the mechanic still use a computer lah.. dunno what he did 😁

• Praise 1

Just now, Ody_2004 said:

OEM ah.. $280 plus GST loh.. at first i want original but boss said must wait.. so when he said it is Hoppecke i take loh

boss said no need reset battery status wor.. but the mechanic still use a computer lah.. dunno what he did 😁

There is no battery status to set. Previous conversation is about changing the batt capacity in case it affects how the alternator charges the battery, ...but which seriously...so you are all good.

20210113_104134.jpg

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On 1/13/2021 at 8:37 PM, Friedpiggy said:

SAE 680, 68AH.

Definitely sounds more reasonable than Skoda service center.

Would changing battery by outside shops void warranty?

Not so sure thou, my previous battery I changed outside. 

Current one is under SSC, they gave me 2 Yrs warranty for the battery. 

5 minutes ago, badlammy said:

There is no battery status to set. Previous conversation is about changing the batt capacity in case it affects how the alternator charges the battery, ...but which seriously...so you are all good.

I oso wondering how the alternator going to be alter to suit different battery size.. alternator still belt driven coupled to the cam shaft? if so i wonder how to make it variable.. sorry me old school! whahahahahahah..

Btw those keen can go there see the chao tar Audi R8 that caught fire recently.. 

• Haha! 1

5 hours ago, badlammy said:

20210113_104134.jpg

Need to add a generic serial number to enable state monitor reset .. if got cable quite fast .. if don’t have also ok .. just need to monitor after 2 months if your start stop do not kick in.. means your new batt kaput liao.. go cliam warranty for new batt and this time reset .. 

10 hours ago, badlammy said:

Why wrong leh? I rather view as they shortchanged me 1 connector cover. Anw, those not impt to me as my previous car dun even have 1 and I'm not into covering up the batt with all sorts of covers.

As long as have the heat shield wrap, good enough.

Safety. In case, something short it to ground. Although pretty unlikely to happen, but can cause some serious damage/injury if it would to happen.

7 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Need to add a generic serial number to enable state monitor reset .. if got cable quite fast .. if don’t have also ok .. just need to monitor after 2 months if your start stop do not kick in.. means your new batt kaput liao.. go cliam warranty for new batt and this time reset .. 

Don't think Skoda cars have BEM, so no worry la.

Tested the outgoing model 1.4 octavia today, was really impressed by the drive as compared to the kadjar/audi q3 but pricing wise ain't that attractive now. Torque and power were smooth without much of a lag. 

Might actually consider getting 2nd hand units that are 1-2 year old from the market. Anything particular I should look for? 

On a side note, the skoda chap also told me that the new model will be in around April and hopefully it gets ves rebate. 

Edited by ferrytales
  • Praise 4

15 hours ago, ferrytales said:

Tested the outgoing model 1.4 octavia today, was really impressed by the drive as compared to the kadjar/audi q3 but pricing wise ain't that attractive now. Torque and power were smooth without much of a lag. 

Might actually consider getting 2nd hand units that are 1-2 year old from the market. Anything particular I should look for? 

On a side note, the skoda chap also told me that the new model will be in around April and hopefully it gets ves rebate. 

Did he say anything regarding the Scala? 

↡ Advertisement