A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

21 hours ago, Tohto said:

Don't expect too much. 

We are always getting the lowest spec and engine here.

The Superb in Taiwan are having the 2.0L with 280bhp Combi model which look so good.

Similarly Octavia also come with Combi model there with high spec.

Even Malaysia is getting better spec for their car there nowadays. 

AD here just bringing in the basic model and lazy to get more higher spec version.

Maybe you can share with us how much will you be willing to pay for the models you mentioned? So many people here want AD to bring in this bring in that when they have no intention to buy. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, berry64694 said:

Maybe you can share with us how much will you be willing to pay for the models you mentioned? So many people here want AD to bring in this bring in that when they have no intention to buy. 

I don't understand. It's not like the AD have all the stock ready for drive away. They would need to order from factory anyway and what's wrong with listing the high specs and only order them when there's a purchase?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Lotr said:

The Coe price uncertainty and LTA homologation process are also barriers for ADs to let consumers pick their most preferred model/trim level/options.

Consumers also may do not want to wait that long for their new cars. From some of the overseas YouTube videos that I have seen, the wait can be around half a year or more.

Not true, I built from scratch, from order to delivery is about 3 months.. I think if you do a poll here, most ppl will choose a spec that they WANT vs buying something off the shelf...

4 minutes ago, Wondertree said:

I don't understand. It's not like the AD have all the stock ready for drive away. They would need to order from factory anyway and what's wrong with listing the high specs and only order them when there's a purchase?

Agree, that's the whole order process, if only the AD is willing to LISTEN to their customers.. this will also build their reputation and more customers will stick to them in the long run..

2 hours ago, berry64694 said:

If ppl are putting down deposits and paying for the customization, how is that no intention to buy? In the 1st place, there's no such service of ordering from scratch from factory

On 1/15/2021 at 7:33 PM, badlammy said:

Don't think Skoda cars have BEM, so no worry la.

I thought if the car has start/stop, the car comes with battery management system? You can see that at the positive terminal clamp, there are red/black writes attached to the power leads. Personally i think for VW group cars with start stop, best to code so that the system correctly recognizes a fresh batt installed.

43 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

Not true, I built from scratch, from order to delivery is about 3 months.. I think if you do a poll here, most ppl will choose a spec that they WANT vs buying something off the shelf...

I would also like to spec to my liking. One AD need to wait a few months, some don't even offer options. My take was that COE might rise so I didn't wait

• Praise 2

On 1/25/2021 at 9:20 AM, Daniu82 said:

Like 1 of the bros had said, if Skoda don’t keep their cars VFM here, I think their sales will drop here, cos they are just a small conti player here compared to the Merc, Audi and BMW. 

between SEAT / Cupra and Skoda, the prices and build seems more palatable for skoda.

I sometimes wonder if servicing for SEAT is done at VCS, would sales pick up.

• Praise 2

On 1/25/2021 at 10:06 AM, berry64694 said:

actually, its more of what they are saying may not equal to what you Think they not going to buy.

Most if not all , do want to own the combi, the VRS, the scala, and the list goes on. EXCEPT , they want to get it on the used car market, as the expectation is its lacking in appeal and the prices will be easily diluted further.

So they are getting close to scrap value for the little known car.

And hence, even for the Passat Variant, it may go for many months without a single sale.  

Neutral Newbie

Hi All.

May I know why is there such a big price difference between the AMBITION PLUS and the SPORTLINE?

From the non-discounted price, it was only $3k difference.

KODIAQ 4X2 AMBITION PLUS
1.4 TSI 110kW

VES Band: C1
List Price: SGD 173,400
Promo Price: SGD 152,400

KODIAQ 4X2 SPORTLINE 
1.4 TSI 110kW

VES Band: C1
List Price: SGD 176,400
Promo Price: SGD 165,400

On 25/01/2021 at 12:15 PM, Wondertree said:

AD factory order is by batch lah. Probably w a 'package price' for a standard set of specs. For small mkt like SG, maybe even juz take what the factory can allocate

Order 1 or 2, factory oso buay hiao 

• Praise 2

On 1/25/2021 at 12:15 PM, Wondertree said:

If u can explain in detail the LTA homogation process of a car model, you have your answer.

If the same exact model has a different rim from 17 to 18 inch.. samulah.. 18 change to 19 samulah. Special black edition, samulah.

Same model comes with WLTP? Samulah.

VW Passat now has a change in turbo from ihi to continental turbo .. going to be interesting 

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 2

11 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

If u can explain in detail the LTA homogation process of a car model, you have your answer.

If the same exact model has a different rim from 17 to 18 inch.. samulah.. 18 change to 19 samulah. Special black edition, samulah.

Same model comes with WLTP? Samulah.

VW Passat now has a change in turbo from ihi to continental turbo .. going to be interesting 

well I failed to see how that is relevant. If mom-n-pop size PI can handle the homologation process, I don't see why ADs can't do it. They would have every paperwork ready from the manufacturer, I assume.

23 hours ago, Soya said:

AD factory order is by batch lah. Probably w a 'package price' for a standard set of specs. For small mkt like SG, maybe even juz take what the factory can allocate

Order 1 or 2, factory oso buay hiao 

Batching is for logistics reason, not that they have to order this specific "batch" or choices of cars.. In fact every porsche is ordered individually, doesn't matter mkt size.

1 hour ago, Wondertree said:

well I failed to see how that is relevant. If mom-n-pop size PI can handle the homologation process, I don't see why ADs can't do it. They would have every paperwork ready from the manufacturer, I assume.

Does mom n pop also stock spare for contingency to prevent customers down time?

so it would seem mom n pop should be able to bring in cars at a down to earth prices like Merc A class n Merc C class. Some even resort to import 50km mileage as used car but sold as new . With Low omv.

so far so good.

when the car ecu OR steering lock issue, how does the PI sort it out?

who does. The coding n reprogrammed of keys for u ? 

yes lta homogation does not take take into consideration. But once the money is spend base on previously vs now now is a whole new world of homogation . No one can commit to you that it’s going to be available to you at a committed date.

on a side note just do some digging on mini GP that’s the PI brought in and u have a eye opener experience 

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 3

10 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

Does mom n pop also stock spare for contingency to prevent customers down time?

so it would seem mom n pop should be able to bring in cars at a down to earth prices like Merc A class n Merc C class. Some even resort to import 50km mileage as used car but sold as new . With Low omv.

so far so good.

when the car ecu OR steering lock issue, how does the PI sort it out?

who does. The coding n reprogrammed of keys for u ? 

yes lta homogation does not take take into consideration. But once the money is spend base on previously vs now now is a whole new world of homogation . No one can commit to you that it’s going to be available to you at a committed date.

on a side note just do some digging on mini GP that’s the PI brought in and u have a eye opener experience 

Not only that 

If AD has too much variant across same model then AD has to prepare few cars with diff spec on display, for test drive and need bigger showroom. PI don’t need, they just display the stock, no test drive and for some car despite same model like superb, the superb 272ps might have diff engine parts to suit higher performance. Then AD has to stock more diff parts. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5