A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

13 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

Non leather seats?

Yup, fabric sports seats. 

How’s the 1.5 cylinder deactivation like .. is it less jerky now during switch over ?

Don’t think can be felt lei, I’ve never felt it. 

It’s actually quite beautiful n almost  Volvo v40 like .. but many would still compare this with the i30. If it’s price or engine of 1.0 is important, then the Kona n the i30 would be the alternative.. if it’s safety considerations n driver enjoyment. The Skoda is hard to beat.. 

True, how do you rate the 3 cylinders 1.0 engine? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

12 hours ago, Tohto said:

Swee leh..

Yeah beautiful looking ride. 

12 hours ago, Tohto said:

Rear seat center hump loòk quite big. Center passenger won't be comfortable. 

It’s manageable. My wife for one likes the centre hump to kiao her legs there. Hahaha. 🤣

• Haha! 2

Does monte comes with DCC like the Australian version?

No DCC, standard suspension. 

Is the style edition seats movable and removable like the karoq?

Not movable nor removable. It’s fixed. Can be fold down 60:40 split. 

10 hours ago, AriesGoat said:

Yup, fabric sports seats. 

Don’t think can be felt lei, I’ve never felt it. 

True, how do you rate the 3 cylinders 1.0 engine? 

1.0 engine not the smoothest.. I believe the previous batch of octavia also stop the 1.0 because it’s drive train can’t match the load .. same for the kona

10 hours ago, AriesGoat said:

No DCC, standard suspension

Not movable nor removable. It’s fixed. Can be fold down 60:40 split. 

That’s quite a waste .. as i shared.. should have removed the items we don’t use like the sunroof that does not open n give us stuff that matters like DCC 

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

1.0 engine not the smoothest.. I believe the previous batch of octavia also stop the 1.0 because it’s drive train can’t match the load .. same for the kona

Mine 1.0 quite ok. Better than previous 1.6

• Praise 3

On 3/20/2021 at 8:58 AM, Sdf4786k said:

How’s the 1.5 cylinder deactivation like .. is it less jerky now during switch over ?

https://carbuyer.com.sg/2021-skoda-scala-review-ladder-to-success/?fbclid=IwAR2wDgaZldWsfHyCGjxGFIIvehLZrXuuPoNpfryftwB4-OedXqYKB4JEbiA

The engine is quiet when you’re cruising on the highway or surfing along with traffic (most of the noise in the Scala comes from the tyres), and it can deactivate two of its cylinders under light loads to save fuel. You’ll never feel it happening (a VW engineer who worked on the system once told me you might hear a click when the cylinder deactivation kicks in, but even then you have to listen hard and know what to listen out for), but you’ll like appreciate the end result, which is an admirably low fuel consumption figure of 5.5L/100km. 

Carbuyer say one. 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

On 3/18/2021 at 9:16 AM, tjyand said:

Scala and Kamiq launching this weekend liao! 

looking forward to seeing the next gen of skodas on the road soon. 

DCD57174-00FD-405F-B946-AF466D42CDAA.png

when put together side by side, it looks like a BMW kidney grille :grin:

• Haha! 5

29 minutes ago, berry64694 said:

https://carbuyer.com.sg/2021-skoda-scala-review-ladder-to-success/?fbclid=IwAR2wDgaZldWsfHyCGjxGFIIvehLZrXuuPoNpfryftwB4-OedXqYKB4JEbiA

The engine is quiet when you’re cruising on the highway or surfing along with traffic (most of the noise in the Scala comes from the tyres), and it can deactivate two of its cylinders under light loads to save fuel. You’ll never feel it happening (a VW engineer who worked on the system once told me you might hear a click when the cylinder deactivation kicks in, but even then you have to listen hard and know what to listen out for), but you’ll like appreciate the end result, which is an admirably low fuel consumption figure of 5.5L/100km. 

Carbuyer say one. 

N rightfully should be the case where it’s smooth n not noticeable .. but what does owners say is more important 

On 3/19/2021 at 1:06 PM, Shouyi said:

The Scala's OMV seemed quite high. The ambition trim's OMV is similar to that of the outgoing Octavia Ambition Plus (AP). I remember back in Aug 20, the Octavia AP was retailing at $104,900. Let's say you go down to SCS and negotiate the Scala ambition price to about $110K, taking into consideration the increase in COE, the price doesn't seem too unreasonable. 

But emotionally, it is quite hard to accept the fact that the Scala, which is built on a smaller MQB-AO platform, should cost more than the Octavia.

At this price, Skoda can expect super low volume for both komiq and scala. Maybe vw wants to move more vw cars.

57 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

Who here waiting for new vRS to arrive?

Me! Especially the estate. Not too keen on the hybrid though. 

Edited by Koster
  • Praise 2

4 hours ago, David325 said:

At this price, Skoda can expect super low volume for both komiq and scala. Maybe vw wants to move more vw cars.

What makes you think so? 

8 minutes ago, Xd3vilx said:

Just came back from the showroom. Scala, no stock for Ambition & Style till Jul. 

I think it's the Monte Carlo and Style no stock until July.

• Praise 1

31 minutes ago, berry64694 said:

I think it's the Monte Carlo and Style no stock until July.

The Monte Carlo spec look really good.

• Praise 1

Recently done the third free servicing, quoted 2k for a package for the next 3 servicing with AD. Got 3rd party workshop providing quality servicing for vw or skoda? 

Edited by minion
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1