A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

On 4/18/2021 at 9:51 AM, Tohto said:

心动就行动....😁

Go go go...go for it. But need the RS version. 😂

The things is I don't like the vRS for the blackened grille, lack of chrome bits, sport seats, etc. (I ah pek liao, prefer those blink blink type + comfort seat with proper lumbar support :D:D) And with 245ps and 4x4 setup, I am guessing it will attract a $25K VES surcharge, not worth. [:(]

skoda_kodiaq_rs_506_035a014e0dde0a5b.jpg

skoda_kodiaq_rs_81_03bc01b60d2009f2.jpg

skoda_kodiaq_rs_493.jpg

Will take a look at the facelift Kodiaq when it arrive next year (likely in Q3) for sure and hopefully the standard 190ps 2.0TSI drive better than the current one.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11

Supersonic
11 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

The things is I don't like the vRS for the blackened grille, lack of chrome bits, sport seats, etc. (I ah pek liao, prefer those blink blink type + comfort seat with proper lumbar support :D:D

Lol....sounds like unker Camry is your next car

• Haha! 4

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Soya said:

Lol....sounds like unker Camry is your next car

Camry is 5 seater sedan, Kodiaq is seater SUV leh. Kodiaq don't look so uncle to me. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

The refreshed Rapid (for China & Russia) market look very modern and like a sedan version of the Scala. Its still based on older PQ25 chassis but would translate to a lower OMV.

This would be a good budget model for SCS to sell, if there's a RHD variant made 😄

On 4/22/2021 at 3:59 PM, Shouyi said:

After the latest COE results, looks like SCS is trying to push more Scala Ambition trim by limiting price increase to $2K. Maybe they give up hope for Style trim in this COE environment. LOL.

Ambition.JPG

Style.jpg

launched at the wrong time when the COE is now shooting to the roof, my target to get for 1 years+, not anymore seeing at the price. 😢

18 minutes ago, Cumzilla said:

launched at the wrong time when the COE is now shooting to the roof, my target to get for 1 years+, not anymore seeing at the price. 😢

Singapore dealer one of the best around.. when selling they take new car price with high COE and prorate to sell u the used car..

When they buying or trade in.. they use paper value.. so the paper value of the 1 year old plus car will be lower with that low COE..

• Haha! 1

On 4/18/2021 at 10:09 AM, badlammy said:

Not pre-installed. Got to select logo image 1 by 1.

Screenshot_20210418-100818_Samsung Internet.jpg

This “free” service is provided at the dialogue bay at vcs. 
just surprised your Sales never install for u 

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

On 4/22/2021 at 10:15 PM, Carbon82 said:

The things is I don't like the vRS for the blackened grille, lack of chrome bits, sport seats, etc. (I ah pek liao, prefer those blink blink type + comfort seat with proper lumbar support :D:D) And with 245ps and 4x4 setup, I am guessing it will attract a $25K VES surcharge, not worth. [:(]

skoda_kodiaq_rs_506_035a014e0dde0a5b.jpg

skoda_kodiaq_rs_81_03bc01b60d2009f2.jpg

skoda_kodiaq_rs_493.jpg

Will take a look at the facelift Kodiaq when it arrive next year (likely in Q3) for sure and hopefully the standard 190ps 2.0TSI drive better than the current one.

If it’s 190 bhp will be the economy version that’s gutless .. don’t expect to be zoom zoom Mazda fast ... 😂 

and don’t bother to waste money chipping or modding .. negligible gains 

Edited by Sdf4786k

12 hours ago, Ceecookie said:

The refreshed Rapid (for China & Russia) market look very modern and like a sedan version of the Scala. Its still based on older PQ25 chassis but would translate to a lower OMV.

This would be a good budget model for SCS to sell, if there's a RHD variant made 😄

Looks like a reflash version of seat Toledo 

15 hours ago, Ceecookie said:

baby octavia? skoda was a value buy when coe was lower in 2019. 

rapid > octavia > superb

• Praise 1

Skoda is getting more ex and no more as affordable as one might think it should be. 

It's anything but an affordable entry conti car, for now. 

Edited by Hamburger
  • Praise 9

Supercharged
2 hours ago, ferrytales said:

baby octavia? skoda was a value buy when coe was lower in 2019. 

rapid > octavia > superb

My 2019 Karoq ambition is 110k and now Karoq ambition is $144k listed in sgCarMart. Definitely not VFM now. 

• Praise 5

Some overseas Scalas come with parking sensors at the corners of the front and rear bumpers, making it 6 sensors on each bumper. Local Scalas only have 4 sensors. 

Do Scalas with additional sensors come with extra driver assistance features, e.g Park Assist ?  Asking out of curiosity.

IMG_20210428_083711.jpg

IMG_20210428_083659.jpg

On 4/24/2021 at 3:57 PM, Daniu82 said:

My 2019 Karoq ambition is 110k and now Karoq ambition is $144k listed in sgCarMart. Definitely not VFM now. 

Well, considering that the current Karoq ambition takes a 10k VES penalty (compared to 2019 where it's neutral) and COE was ~38k back then (dec), seems the margins are still the same, just a matter of high COE + not a good choice to bring in the 8AT version.

Supercharged
16 minutes ago, emman said:

Well, considering that the current Karoq ambition takes a 10k VES penalty (compared to 2019 where it's neutral) and COE was ~38k back then (dec), seems the margins are still the same, just a matter of high COE + not a good choice to bring in the 8AT version.

Bad choice to bring in an engine with 10k VES penalty and now plus the big increase in COE price, I think it's difficult to sell this car now. Previously, many people buy Skoda becos it's VFM. 

30 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

Bad choice to bring in an engine with 10k VES penalty and now plus the big increase in COE price, I think it's difficult to sell this car now. Previously, many people buy Skoda becos it's VFM. 

Totally agree. VFM brands bringing in vehicles with VES penalty is just ??? especially when so many other value options in A2 category for that huge 15k rebate, really opens up the gap.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Daniu82 said:

Superb still VFM

On 4/24/2021 at 1:55 PM, Hamburger said:

Skoda is getting more ex and no more as affordable as one might think it should be. 

It's anything but an affordable entry conti car, for now. 

With rising coe everything getting expensive. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1