A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

51 minutes ago, Ne0mesis said:

good morning.

seems like you are enjoying your ride. good to hear. but does that mean all the skoda owners here are enjoying warranty and too early to tell how is the gb working or how easy to find parts if service outside. my workshop jus said dont buy a skoda cause no major stockist outside. comments? 

Sounds like your workshop wants you to change to a car they can service without much effort so they can retain your business.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Ne0mesis said:

good morning.

seems like you are enjoying your ride. good to hear. but does that mean all the skoda owners here are enjoying warranty and too early to tell how is the gb working or how easy to find parts if service outside. my workshop jus said dont buy a skoda cause no major stockist outside. comments? 

Honestly not a concern for me.. stocklist is only important when agent don support the model anymore. Stocklist are business minded.. when the base grow they will enter it.

Worst case as mentioned got Skoda Singapore.

your workshop specialized in what brand n model? They will promote those they know n familiar.. that’s normal.

i not promoting skoda.. just sharing experience.. at the end u vote with yr wallets 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

@Ne0mesis

A quick reply. Kodiaq is not using the problematic dry clutch gearbox. 

Kodiaq 1.4 TSI is using 6 speed wet clutch DSG (DQ250) 

Kodiaq 2.0 TSI is using 7 speed wet clutch DSG (DQ381)

In term of parts, I would say all mechanical are shared among the different models within VAG such as VW Tiguan, Seat Ateca, Seat Tarraco, Skoda Karoq, and even some Audi model, so should not be any issue with lead time. 

For cosmetic parts, now that VW is the AD for the brand, it should be readily available for most of not all common part, else they are still stockists and taobao, so not much to worry about.

I used to service my 2nd gen Superb at VCS and also 3rd party workshop after the former AD folded and did not encountered any issue with part availability or servicing quality. And the car was still problem free when I sold it at a relatively high mileage of >158K km.

I said this many a time in MCF, everyone has different taste and expectations, so just go with your heart. Imagine if all man like just 1 particular lady, than the world would be unspide down liao... :D

BTW, here's a thread on Kodiaq, go read up and see if you can find the other answers you needed, else just continue to post your questions here. Many members will be more than willing to help you. [:)]

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS REPLY. Awesome reply Much appreciated. I will check out the Kodiaq thread

2 hours ago, Hamburger said:

@Ne0mesis 

I ownned VAG car before. 

Time to change your mech. He is probably more comfortable with a vios. 

hahaha... not true la. nice uncle and son biz. do see many conti cars at his workshop too.

1 hour ago, Dannnn said:

@Ne0mesis  Hows your volvo ride so far? personally i think volvo parts more rare than skoda(VW anyway).

i was lucky to get a 8 yrs old car at a 4 yrs old mileage because ex owner is a pilot. super low usage. the ride was good. if any complaints is the City Safety feature which scares the big sh*t out of me when i occassionally trigger it over gantry hump. haha

42 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Honestly not a concern for me.. stocklist is only important when agent don support the model anymore. Stocklist are business minded.. when the base grow they will enter it.

Worst case as mentioned got Skoda Singapore.

your workshop specialized in what brand n model? They will promote those they know n familiar.. that’s normal.

i not promoting skoda.. just sharing experience.. at the end u vote with yr wallets 

thank you.. have a little more assurance now to view the ride on thurs. *cross my fingers*

@Ne0mesis Yup. thats my point, if really like a car , just go for it. its all heng sway anyway.

even the proven DSG problem, there is still some people i know didnt face that issue. just take good care of your car and they will appreciate it.

just received this info from a friend’s friend working as a Stockist. 

“Generally Seat and skoda original parts are only available at agent. So all repairs or replacement are to be done back at agent. 
Of course once warranty period is over, you can do your normal servicing at your preferred workshop, but if there's any parts that require replacement back to original, your only choice is to go back to Agent.”

meaning cannot use VG parts? no oem parts around? can anyone verify this? thank you

Neutral Newbie

for the parts, you can look for xinzh*** or ye*f***, as for the workshop,  there are a numbers of ws doing vwg cars and alot ofs aftermartket part available.

• Praise 1

@Ne0mesis  i don't think this is true. Skoda cars share many similar parts with audi/vw cars. Open the bonnet, see the pipes/hose, you will see the audi/vw logo all over.

I firmly believe sourcing parts are not an issue at all. 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

I’m sure they can get the parts you want. Some parts just have to wait a bit.

167F9B46-8D81-425B-A832-B42D612B9344.png

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 4

1 hour ago, Ne0mesis said:

“Generally Seat and skoda original parts are only available at agent. So all repairs or replacement are to be done back at agent. 
Of course once warranty period is over, you can do your normal servicing at your preferred workshop, but if there's any parts that require replacement back to original, your only choice is to go back to Agent.”

meaning cannot use VG parts? no oem parts around? can anyone verify this? thank you

I have been to the stockist to buy all sort of parts. Its readily available. 

I believe your friend might be from those jack of all trades stockist and master .... 🤫

• Praise 3

23 hours ago, Ne0mesis said:

dear forum,

went through tens of pages here and a few old topics but didnt pick up the info i want, so please dont mind me asking here and really sorry if repeat info.

my current ride (volvo s80 t4 1.6) due next year may and been hunting for a bigger ride cause i have a kiddo now and wont rule out a second one few years down the road. 

was really thinking of an old x1/q3/gla but suddenly took a fancy on a second hand 2 years old kodiaq 1.4 ambition (hopefully to test drive within this week). seriously, it ticks all the boxes man. 

a few bros told me the dry clutch issue not really an issue already. some say is a VG without the premium, so parts can find and don’t worry. is it really so? is all VG parts? then outside service wouldn’t be a nightmare right? skoda only came back recently, so enough years to prove themselves wrong?

really hope to have some advice here.

tbt, my older brother condemned me much when i bought my x80 after my a4 citing “nobody ever wants that car for resale - goos luck”. never seems to get his stamp of approval when i buy cars. i nver really care la but family dinners… gee have to justify and share so much why i made a skoda purchase if down the road i do buy it. 

Skoda is merely cosmetic branding. Underneath it is a volkswagen.

Issues that come about is a volkswagen.

Parts you need to repair and fix it, its a volkswagen.

The parts that will be hard to come by are body related parts, eg headlamps, fenders, bumpers etc, why? Because its not volkswagen.

• Praise 4

(edited)
18 hours ago, Ne0mesis said:

Firstly, did you know the question your friend asked his stockist friend? The answer almost apply to any car. Anyway, better you ask a VAG car owner who is a stranger, than ask any friend who has not owned one.

Secondly, Skoda aside, does VW even give you comfort that the availability of parts is there? If not, then anything we say does not matter already.

Skoda and VW showrooms are just side by side. Pop the bonnets and see for yourself what we mean.

Edited by badlammy
  • Praise 3

3 minutes ago, adrian140180 said:

@badlammy 

*Goes VW side, pops Golf Mk8 bonnet.

*Goes SCS side, pops Superb bonnet.

errrrrr.....

Then I can't help it le...

Just like pop my bonnet, and pop your bonnet...also errrrr... 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2