A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

On 6/25/2021 at 10:24 AM, Mkl22 said:

not if she drives it as well. if you buy a big behemoth, the her excuse will be too big and then you get scratches and dents... will you then ask her to pay?🤣

and we come one full circle on ..

Aiyohooooo.. so cute, ... lets get a minicooper .. can get cooper S if you like fast...  "hubby..." 

Aiyohooooo.. so cute, ... lets get a beetle .. can get 1.4T twin charge if you like fast...  "hubby..."                                                 

I think if its washung machine and vacum cleaner or fridge - "white goods" I pay also wont raise any queries.

But if I pay for handbags then.. sorry, lets go chales and keith unless Prada got clearance VIP invite sales at 90% store wide discount 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

(edited)

20210628_111443.thumb.jpg.7c353b0a857f82e5ac8d66718ea62e99.jpgwho bought this beauty? makes me wanna spray paint to this colour too haha 

20210628_111456.jpg

Edited by Driver2
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Driver2 said:

20210628_111443.thumb.jpg.7c353b0a857f82e5ac8d66718ea62e99.jpgwho bought this beauty? makes me wanna spray paint to this colour too haha 

20210628_111456.jpg

Totally agree there's one in my estate and I see it all the time! Best colour there is, too bad they don't bring in other models on this colour too

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, emman said:

Totally agree there's one in my estate and I see it all the time! Best colour there is, too bad they don't bring in other models on this colour too

But reminds me of army days..wahahah.

• Haha! 3

Twincharged
21 hours ago, Driver2 said:

20210628_111456.jpg

Showroom car .. hopefully asked for steep steep steep discount..

Hypersonic

This type of green only people who missed NS will like. Not green with envy hor.

For me, it’s a colour I will avoid at all cost because NS is something I would like to forget…haha.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 8

Twincharged
On 7/4/2021 at 10:41 AM, Fcw75 said:

This type of green only people who missed NS will like. Not green with envy hor.

For me, it’s a colour I will avoid at all cost because NS is something I would like to forget…haha.

its the same for the grey color, looks like construction PCV sewage pipe color....

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

Hypersonic
On 7/3/2021 at 12:21 PM, Driver2 said:

20210628_111456.jpg

This colour can cheong into Lim chu kang or those restricted area pick durian. Camouflage as SAF vehicle. 

• Haha! 2

i also like the green. I think it complements the greenery everywhere in Singapore. Just like how i like blue and white cars because they complement the sky and clouds. Brown cars looks nice during our dry season, when all the leaves and grasses turn brown... haha... 

@Driver2 this is the Style model. my only regret was not getting this as I thought I could just add on either the power assisted boot or auto park functions subsequently. to my horror, SCS does does not even allow customers to pay for this option, unlike other dealerships which have such programmes occasionally 

(edited)

The driver of a Skoda Scala in Taiwan lived to tell the story of a frontal crash at 100km/h. Salient points from the video:

- Engine compartment caved in but A pillars and dashboard remained intact

- Driver only suffered broken bones at shoulder and thigh

- 6 airbags were deployed including knee airbag, 2 frontal airbags, air curtains at both sides and driver's side airbag. (Hope SCS will throw in knee airbag for SG Scala).

- Door was automatically unlocked after crash hence saving precious time during rescue.

The driver was fortunate and showed that even a small Skoda is high on crash worthiness.

Edited by Shouyi
  • Praise 3

Anyone kenna same situation as me? I’m driving a kodiaq milleage less den 21k. I went for 2nd free servicing and the service centre ask me to change front brake pads with disc and front  tyres. They quoted me 1k and 600ish respectively. Is this the norm to require brake pads and tyres change at such low mileage? Also any recommendations for outside workshops for brake pads and disc change? Thanks!

• Shocked 5
  • Haha! 2

@Shouyi They wanna void also bo bian. Cant be kenna held by the neck by them and every servicing expect me to pay few ks to change this and that just in order to keep the warranty.

@noobydoo Just check with outside workshop on the brake pads condition.

If necessary then you decide as the workmanship in AD is a killing.

Moreover your mileage is on the LOW side.

@Colin03 Yes that is what I intend to do. I’m puzzled too. My previous jap car i drove for 4 years no such problems. 1st time driving a conti car so I was wondering whether it is a norm to change brake pads and tyres when car is barely two years and only 20k mileage. 

↡ Advertisement