A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

36 minutes ago, Soya said:

Wah sei....how u drive ah? 

My last set of pads lasted me close to 50k. And the good thing is PA didn't pull the 'disc worn out must change' crap at 30k, 45k n even at my last 60k major service 

I appreciated their honesty n tho the front & rear pads cost $650 vs $450 outside, I didn't mind letting PA do the job 

Maybe coz we drive down siglap road almost few times everyday. Lots of slope and bends. I always keep conscious effort to use minimum brakes and let engine brake do the job but I cant say the same thing for my wife so….previously driving vezel no such issues. Maybe coz Kodiaq a lot heavier so burn more brakes.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

Wah Skoda offer inspection service wor! my car near 3 years and received their letter... i saw the price $298.. tear and throw away the letter..

Honestly if a car failed inspection at 3 years mark is very very worrying.. of cos don say accident car lah..

Anyway my car inspected 2 weeks back n passed. even my 12 years old car inspected last week no problem..

Last time people paid workshop to do such job becos u know i know! whahahahahha.. 

• Haha! 3

Supercharged
15 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Wah Skoda offer inspection service wor! my car near 3 years and received their letter... i saw the price $298.. tear and throw away the letter..

Honestly if a car failed inspection at 3 years mark is very very worrying.. of cos don say accident car lah..

Anyway my car inspected 2 weeks back n passed. even my 12 years old car inspected last week no problem..

Last time people paid workshop to do such job becos u know i know! whahahahahha.. 

If you nvr do extreme mods then why pay $298 to do this check? Then if you do extreme mods, would you go back to them and let them mod your warranty? Weird things that SCS do. 

• Praise 3

Twincharged
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Haha ya. All ways and means to squeeze money from you. Same with engine flush la. Aircon flush. All I know is want to flush your money away from you.

😂

only ever Failed was my parents car side slip. Had to go align for them. Dunno how they drive until alignment koyak. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 7

21 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

I was shocked to see that letter too. Anyways, just glad that it isn't any notification to recall the car. Well, guess everything has its price, and for that service, they better include picking/sending back the car and the inspection fee.

Personal experience...I did send my previous ride to be checked at VCS before its 5 yr mark. Cost $300+ including some parts changed. And lucky I did that, the clutch pack replacement a year later was covered under warranty that VW grandfathered.

• Praise 2

On 7/20/2021 at 7:48 PM, Ody_2004 said:

Could it be that the warranty is 3yrs factory and the 4th and 5th year is insurance based? So they ask you to send in for inspection and they can claim the factory gao gao before the insurance warranty kicks in. They might be more helpful in getting more stuff replaced. 

8 minutes ago, Hummer said:

Could it be that the warranty is 3yrs factory and the 4th and 5th year is insurance based? So they ask you to send in for inspection and they can claim the factory gao gao before the insurance warranty kicks in. They might be more helpful in getting more stuff replaced. 

I dunno.. so far my only claim experience on the Steering Wheel Vol knob is a good one. No question asked..

Recently another problem surfaced.. the Window Adjustment knob is intermittent.. Adjusting mirror/Folding mirror or on the mirror heater need alot of luck.. I doubt is the switch problem.. but gods know..

Will send in for my last Free servicing mid August.. see what they say..

13 minutes ago, Hummer said:

Then they should do it at minimal cost @$38 or even free if they consider it as goodwill.

From how it is like, it seems like a milking cow for Roberts.

• Haha! 1

On 7/21/2021 at 9:56 AM, Shouyi said:

SCS is running a business, and as with all other business entities, the main goal is profit maximization.

err.. yes and no.. 

They have to adhere by the factory policy and framework.

Any mechanical failure that does not have a artifact that has a way to mark/pickup on the system,  as failure will have a tough time claiming from factory.

So suspension and bearing to a lesser extend will be an issue.

6 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

I dunno.. so far my only claim experience on the Steering Wheel Vol knob is a good one. No question asked..

Recently another problem surfaced.. the Window Adjustment knob is intermittent.. Adjusting mirror/Folding mirror or on the mirror heater need alot of luck.. I doubt is the switch problem.. but gods know..

Mine on nov free svc. Anyway mine due for LTA inspection soon. So fast 不知不觉 ald drive this car for 3 years ald

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Praise 4

7 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

I went for my last servicing more than a month ago too and got them to check on my steering wheel noise too. They suggested replacing the steering rack even though they have fixed the noise with lubrication. Now waiting for part to arrive then send in again.

• Praise 3

Superb owners, how do you find the suspension? Generally reviews say it is comfy but forums have said it is too bouncy and drives like a boat bobbing up and down especially over humps. 

noticed an MK3 driving over a hump the other day and as it came down the hump, it bounced twice with the back much worse than the front. 

On 7/20/2021 at 7:48 PM, Ody_2004 said:

Wow...they have to use this tactics? Business must be really bad for them. 

On 7/21/2021 at 9:56 AM, Shouyi said:

SCS is running a business, and as with all other business entities, the main goal is profit maximization.

We all know this. Just because they want profits does not mean customers should spend this type of money. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Hummer said:

Superb owners, how do you find the suspension? Generally reviews say it is comfy but forums have said it is too bouncy and drives like a boat bobbing up and down especially over humps. 

noticed an MK3 driving over a hump the other day and as it came down the hump, it bounced twice with the back much worse than the front. 

As the saying some like it hard.. some like it soft..

Personally work fine for me.. Soft to become hard is easy.. aftermarket i believe alot of parts.. If you find stock is hard then abit challenging..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2