A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

on early generation, the sensor at the sunvisor / rear view mirror does fail.

Maybe similar issue. Try to ensure VCS system show up in the system that Auto light sensor on headlight not working

Just went SCS for my last free servicing today.. told them this issue plus the side mirror knobs adjustment issue..

Had told the SE is intermittent problems..  As expected "No Fault found" by the diagnostics tools..

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 2
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Ody_2004 said:

Just went SCS for my last free servicing today.. told them this issue plus the side mirror knobs adjustment issue..

Had told the SE is intermittent problems..  As expected "No Fault found" by the diagnostics tools..

Must be able to replicate the problem in their presence.

My steering noise was audible the moment I inch and turn out of the parking lot. But till now still waiting for the part to arrive, more than a month already.

• Praise 3

11 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

Next time it happens maybe you can take video and show them?

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Hummer said:

Next time it happens maybe you can take video and show them?

I doubt they debate it happens just that the problem cannot  be reproduce yesterday so they cannot do much too.. Intermittent problem the most headache.. That's why i hate modern cars with so many electronics.. If totally failed yes diagnostic tools very helpful to pinpoint..

I was an engineer before and had spend countless days to troubleshoot intermittent fault.. not easy.

Anyway I dunno is covid or wat.. When collecting the car only see receptionist "Err no payment required, car parked at lot x".. I think can do more right?

Can't solve is one thing.. I go my third party workshop they will still bother to explain what they did, walk me through the details, or suggest what is the next course of action etc..

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

I doubt they debate it happens just that the problem cannot  be reproduce yesterday so they cannot do much too.. Intermittent problem the most headache.. That's why i hate modern cars with so many electronics.. If totally failed yes diagnostic tools very helpful to pinpoint..

I was an engineer before and had spend countless days to troubleshoot intermittent fault.. not easy.

Anyway I dunno is covid or wat.. When collecting the car only see receptionist "Err no payment required, car parked at lot x".. I think can do more right?

Can't solve is one thing.. I go my third party workshop they will still bother to explain what they did, walk me through the details, or suggest what is the next course of action etc..

I suspect they know they will not be seeing again soon after..

Just like a bus driver, who would bother greeting you ot try to know you better.

Would that take up more time and cause the customer to think that they can keep coming back for more adhoc services?

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Haha! 4

any recommendations to stop wiper juddering loudly during heavy rain? oddly enough, wipers are silent during light rain. currently using stock wipers and sometimes clean my windscreen with windscreen spray. stopped using Rainex as although water streaks off well, it makes the wipers judder like mad. 

On 8/21/2021 at 11:43 PM, Driver2 said:

any recommendations to stop wiper juddering loudly during heavy rain? oddly enough, wipers are silent during light rain. currently using stock wipers and sometimes clean my windscreen with windscreen spray. stopped using Rainex as although water streaks off well, it makes the wipers judder like mad. 

Change to Bosch Aerotwin. Bestest

• Praise 1

22 minutes ago, Soya said:

Change to Bosch Aerotwin. Bestest

am using aliexpress cheapo 12 dollars a pair wiper for the front. Must know the size to order .. works well.. But can only last 2 years.

4 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

am using aliexpress cheapo 12 dollars a pair wiper for the front. Must know the size to order .. works well.. But can only last 2 years.

LHD wipers right? Then again, does it really matter?

Twincharged
5 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

I bought from taobao. $2.50 for a pair. Has been 8mths. So far so good. But for another car it rattles a bit too much

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, badlammy said:

LHD wipers right? Then again, does it really matter?

Size is little off 

Edited by Sdf4786k

Hi guys,

Need some recommendations for lowered springs on a Superb MK3 (non-dcc). Eibach kit seems abit much lowering by 35mm. Any other decent ones to look at?

Changed 17'' stock to 18' on my superb but 4 finger gap looks weird. Found that the suspension has always been on the bouncy side as well. 

On 8/14/2021 at 12:14 PM, Ody_2004 said:

Recently my mirrors knobs intermittent.. today the auto highlight BRIGHT SUNNY day turn on beams.. restart car at times ok.. then at times not ok.

The physical switch i believe ok.. so i guess is some "brain" not working. Wondering they running on CANBUS.. or what could be the issues..

3 years old coming.. received letter to enroll in their service plan...mmmmmmmm... Skoda really SMART.. problem surface near end of third year! whahahahahaha..

Next thursday going for last FREE servicing..

@Ody_2004 

Did you recently tint the top portion of your windscreen where the photosensor for the headlights are? Also there is one more sensor on the centre of the dash near the centre speaker grille, check it is not blocked.

On 8/25/2021 at 12:34 AM, MorningStar said:

Hi guys,

Need some recommendations for lowered springs on a Superb MK3 (non-dcc). Eibach kit seems abit much lowering by 35mm. Any other decent ones to look at?

Changed 17'' stock to 18' on my superb but 4 finger gap looks weird. Found that the suspension has always been on the bouncy side as well. 

If you are retaining stock dampers, and just eibach pro kit springs, the lowering should not exceed 20mm.

12 hours ago, adrian140180 said:

@Ody_2004 

Did you recently tint the top portion of your windscreen where the photosensor for the headlights are? Also there is one more sensor on the centre of the dash near the centre speaker grille, check it is not blocked.

Nope.. this car totally stock.. minus the tires and battery! whahahahahahaha..

never in my life my car stay so stock

• Haha! 2

Where do Skoda owners usually go for servicing after first 3 free service? my car will be due for the 60km service in 1 or 2 months. 

This package was from Skoda Centre that time when I did my third service, which costs 2.2k. Price is OK?

20210322_083937.jpg

@minion  Might be worth checking how much all these costs outside. Most are basic servicing work so I think the savings could be significant.

Edited by Lotr
  • Praise 3