A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

On 11/17/2021 at 7:31 AM, lexiton said:

Not a fan of Skoda headlights

Why can't they follow Audi style and they will win

Because in the order of the volkswagen group, skoda is at the bottom of the food chain.

Assuming skoda followed audi style, and at the same audi price point of that, would you still buy a skoda?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Saw a few octavia sedan on de road so far... Hansome looking * looked like an Audi sedan from far. not too bad looking actually 🚦not sure how much cheaper comparable against Audi A3 or 4 perhaps 

2 minutes ago, Totota said:

Saw a few octavia sedan on de road so far... Hansome looking * looked like an Audi sedan from far. not too bad looking actually 🚦not sure how much cheaper comparable against Audi A3 or 4 perhaps 

138k for ambition and 150k for style. 230k for 2L Audi A4. But it’s 1.5L vs 2L. 

The Karoq makes a return with a 1.5TSI engine. It is marketed as the "New" Karoq but discerning consumers will know that this is not the upcoming facelift model. Anyway, it is back to VES Band B again (hurray!). Website did not say whether it features ACT technology, so not sure if the unit is identical to the one in the Scala.

https://www.skoda.com.sg/karoq

• Praise 2

@Daniu82 if Skoda style going at 150k vs A3 189k ,,,, whoop cool 39k just for the branding then is not worth it . And again provided both are on the same specifications and I not sure 🤔🤔🤔🤔

5 hours ago, Shouyi said:

The Karoq makes a return with a 1.5TSI engine. It is marketed as the "New" Karoq but discerning consumers will know that this is not the upcoming facelift model. Anyway, it is back to VES Band B again (hurray!). Website did not say whether it features ACT technology, so not sure if the unit is identical to the one in the Scala.

https://www.skoda.com.sg/karoq

The price very difficult to swallow. 176k. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Noticed that the Style variant makes do with 18" alloy compared to 19" in the Sportline variant. And the multi-function sport steering wheel is replaced with a normal multi-function steering wheel. Not sure if a buyer considers these as upgrades.

Screenshot_2021-11-20-08-55-32-66.png

4 minutes ago, Shouyi said:

Noticed that the Style variant makes do with 18" alloy compared to 19" in the Sportline variant. And the multi-function sport steering wheel is replaced with a normal multi-function steering wheel. Not sure if a buyer considers these as upgrades.

Screenshot_2021-11-20-08-55-32-66.png

Price difference only 2k. Wish this 2 variants are for my choosing when I bought last time. Last time ambition and style price difference is 10k.

• Praise 1

@Shouyi Gonna say this like everyone else said this to me when the audi A4 was going at 140K base spec with 16" rims.

You are going to ditch the rims anyway.

Stock skoda rims, regardless 18" or 19" come with very very lovely offsets, lovely enough to throw in the trash when they get traded in.

• Haha! 4

Neutral Newbie

Hi everyone, couldnt really find any reviews or much posts about the skoda rapid spaceback, I'm considering this car and just wanted to know if anyone who's driven it (or not... doesnt matter) have any reviews to share? what's the good or bad about it ?

41 minutes ago, aozh said:

Hi everyone, couldnt really find any reviews or much posts about the skoda rapid spaceback, I'm considering this car and just wanted to know if anyone who's driven it (or not... doesnt matter) have any reviews to share? what's the good or bad about it ?

I believe the lack of information pretty much sums up what you need to know about it.

• Haha! 2

55 minutes ago, aozh said:

It was a budget-oriented model when Skoda first relaunched in sg a couple years back.

For reviews, can read up the Seat Toledo one as the Rapid is essentially a reskinned Toledo in hatchback form (though Rapid has slightly more features).

Earlier units came in 1.0T form, the later ones in 1.4t (same engine as toledo and older golf/jetta) 

https://m.sgcarmart.com/articles/articleinfo.php?CT=r&AID=1458

Edited by Ceecookie
↡ Advertisement