A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

@Zhaak if you are considering the 1.5L variant of Kodiaq or Octavia Combi, the outgoing pre-facelift Kodiaq would be a good buy. 

With a cost price of close to $165K (inclusive of all taxes, 12 months road tax and COE), the current promo price of $169.9K is very attractive imo. It is using the same 1.5L TSI unit found in the facelift Kodiaq, so you have nothing to lose, unless you are after the new look (but be prepared to pay a premium for it, probably at $30K profit). 

r32fbMj.jpg

Thank you. Yea, I saw the price discount which I find tempting. I am however trying to go for the new looks plus the sportline trim though. I know, it’s waste of money. Haha. This is why I think I may consider going for the Octavia Combi since it will probably save me some 25k, maybe? 

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

A48C1D80-D616-4204-972B-F9854A7DB96F.jpeg

Superb L&K leh. Do they get it free and sponsored by their home country here? 

13 hours ago, Zhaak said:

Thank you. Yea, I saw the price discount which I find tempting. I am however trying to go for the new looks plus the sportline trim though. I know, it’s waste of money. Haha. This is why I think I may consider going for the Octavia Combi since it will probably save me some 25k, maybe? 

Heard from my SE that Oct Combi ex stock left 2-3 units. Think they are in lava blue. Price is ard the same as the pre FL Kodiaq.  

51 minutes ago, Melody288 said:

Heard from my SE that Oct Combi ex stock left 2-3 units. Think they are in lava blue. Price is ard the same as the pre FL Kodiaq.  

Erm.. ex-stock means face lifted version, priced around 170k? 

1 minute ago, Melody288 said:

Ex stock is current model.

Ah.. Thanks! I like the lava blue color. Just that the COE price is 😓

@Zhaak if you want to get a car when coe premium is high like now, better to get one with minimal proft, so that your loss would be lesser when you are selling it few years down the road (at most deregister the car and export the body). 

Between Octavia Combi and Kodiaq (assuming that they are in the same price bracket), Kodiaq is more VFM (larger, more seating capacity, SUV, etc.) and even from $$$ perspective (Octavia'S PARF value is almost $10K lower than Kodiaq, no thanks to the $15K VES rebate). 

But well everyone have different priorities and preferences, so just get whichever that suit your needs and budget. Maybe you should start with test driving both models to feel for yourself what does each model offers. 

Oh yah, the current Octavia is the latest model, launched in Europe about 2 years ago (although SCS just introduce it in Jan 2022), so facelift is still sometime away. 

• Praise 10

Twincharged
11 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

@Zhaak if you want to get a car when coe premium is high like now, better to get one with minimal proft, so that your loss would be lesser when you are selling it few years down the road (at most deregister the car and export the body). 

Between Octavia Combi and Kodiaq (assuming that they are in the same price bracket), Kodiaq is more VFM (larger, more seating capacity, SUV, etc.) and even from $$$ perspective (Octavia'S PARF value is almost $10K lower than Kodiaq, no thanks to the $15K VES rebate). 

But well everyone have different priorities and preferences, so just get whichever that suit your needs and budget. Maybe you should start with test driving both models to feel for yourself what does each model offers. 

Oh yah, the current Octavia is the latest model, launched in Europe about 2 years ago (although SCS just introduce it in Jan 2022), so facelift is still sometime away. 

Yes, kodiaq is the better buy if prices are the same. Typically wagons are harder to sell off. 

• Praise 5

Thank you for all your insights. It is really helpful. Looks like Kodiaq will be a better choice over the Octavia Combi given the current high COE and future trade in.

Choice is whether to go for the outgoing model or wait for the new facelift and hope for a huge launch discount. 

• Praise 1

I rem the difference in price for pre FL and FL Superb was around $10k (ard May 2021). Hence, think Kodiaq may be the same too. My 2 cents. 

Supercharged
56 minutes ago, Zhaak said:

Thank you for all your insights. It is really helpful. Looks like Kodiaq will be a better choice over the Octavia Combi given the current high COE and future trade in.

Choice is whether to go for the outgoing model or wait for the new facelift and hope for a huge launch discount. 

7 seater still can change to 5 seater but vice versa cannot happen, so Kodiaq is definitely a better choice and they are similarly priced now. The choice is clear. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Melody288 said:

I rem the difference in price for pre FL and FL Superb was around $10k (ard May 2021). Hence, think Kodiaq may be the same too. My 2 cents. 

10k still isn’t too big a gap. So many Kodiaq fans here. lol

3 hours ago, Zhaak said:

Choppers are usually sharper during launches. Doesn't matter if its new model or new facelift.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

I agree with @Carbon82 , get one with min profit. e.g COE 90k , they selling with min profit to attract sales. in this case maybe 5k profit

when coe 40k , they got more margin, maybe 15-20k profit.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1