A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

23 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Discount for new car launch is usually not more than $10K for most Skoda, so don't pin too high hope on it. 

For better clarity, the profit for a newly launch model will be at least $20K+ for say Kodiaq, after all the promo and discounts.

You can take reference from the Octavia VRS launch a couple of months back. 

Not an apple to apple comparison imo. 

Are you aware that the pre-facelift was the 1.8TSI with 7 speed dry clutch DSG, while the facelift Superb comes only in 2.0TSI with 6 speed wet clutch DSG?

Also in May / Jun 2020, we are still in the CB, and most ADs expect COE to remain low if not continue to fall in view of the uncertainty in economy outlook. 

Wearnes for exmaple priced their Volvo S60 T4 at just $129K (with guaranteed COE package), whereas Mazda 6 can be had for around $106K (entry trim). 

Realistically, the difference would be $20K+ at least (for the exact same trim) barring any downward movement in COE premium. 

Correction facelift superb is 7 speed wet dsg DQ381

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged
30 minutes ago, Zhaak said:

So I guess with the existing sky-high COE, the upcoming facelift Kodiaq will definitely be close to 200k (for Sportline trim). Sigh.. 

My mind tells me I should wait (for the COE to soften), but my existing car will reach 5 years this Oct, and it is said that we better change before we hit the 5 year mark.. I am planning ahead, but kinda doubtful if the COE will soften within the next 3-4 months.

Well not say better change at 5 years mark.. last time when Parf is high then yes.. now the difference is insignificant YOY..

beside your current car give any headache? 

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Well not say better change at 5 years mark.. last time when Parf is high then yes.. now the difference is insignificant YOY..

beside your current car give any headache? 

It is always giving me headache. Aircon broke down 2-3 times already. Then had to change lower arm coz ball joint was disintegrating. Now I feel like the ride is not as smooth as before (I send it for maintenance regularly), but I can't pinpoint what is wrong. Maybe it's just my mind playing tricks? 

Turbocharged
10 minutes ago, Zhaak said:

It is always giving me headache. Aircon broke down 2-3 times already. Then had to change lower arm coz ball joint was disintegrating. Now I feel like the ride is not as smooth as before (I send it for maintenance regularly), but I can't pinpoint what is wrong. Maybe it's just my mind playing tricks? 

What make and model?

Seem can be fixed problem.. my friend recommend me this when i itchy! whahahahhahahah..

image.png.2e86d3dc2018cf51eb3dcf994d8d5974.png

Anyway to me there's no right time to change car de.. as long as you know and can afford what you doing. 

PS:  Car Loan Interest rate up.

• Praise 3

48 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

What make and model?

Seem can be fixed problem.. my friend recommend me this when i itchy! whahahahhahahah..

image.png.2e86d3dc2018cf51eb3dcf994d8d5974.png

Anyway to me there's no right time to change car de.. as long as you know and can afford what you doing. 

PS:  Car Loan Interest rate up.

Yalo, everything is going north. Why don't they reduce interest rate to encourage more spending to boost the economy? 

Mine is 2.0 Forester. 

35 minutes ago, Zhaak said:

Yalo, everything is going north. Why don't they reduce interest rate to encourage more spending to boost the economy? 

Mine is 2.0 Forester. 

Now theres inflation, so need to raise interest rate

• Praise 1

They are now promoting the remaining units of the 4x4 Kodiaq from $174k. That is like so much difference from the list price of $276.9k! 🫣

Twincharged
6 hours ago, Zhaak said:

They are now promoting the remaining units of the 4x4 Kodiaq from $174k. That is like so much difference from the list price of $276.9k! 🫣

Should be the 1.5 2wd. Cannot be 4x4 2.0 as the basic cost is 190k plus, since it will be Lose money and sell? 

• Praise 1

Maybe. The only way to really know is to go and check it out. I think its plausible, with some t&c, as once the FL comes the potential to lose more money is higher.

3 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Should be the 1.5 2wd. Cannot be 4x4 2.0 as the basic cost is 190k plus, since it will be Lose money and sell? 

It says 4x4. That’s why I think it’s a really good buy if true? 

50AD51AB-A87D-4DE8-B688-35CE246A09FD.jpeg

• Haha! 6

Twincharged
1 minute ago, Zhaak said:

It says 4x4. That’s why I think it’s a really good buy if true? 

50AD51AB-A87D-4DE8-B688-35CE246A09FD.jpeg

$17,400 LAH!!!!!!!

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

Turbocharged
6 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

$17,400 LAH!!!!!!!

Alamak! i almost change clothes get cheque book ready liao! whahahahahahhaha..

this one should be leasing type of scheme?

• Haha! 7