A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

Finally get to catch the Kodiaq on our road. Although I am a Skoda fan, I have to say that Kodiaq is not as grand (in look) as compared to the marginally larger Kia Sorento.

qpBDkmz.jpgzkqgynX.jpggWshNE0.jpg0LPy1Tb.jpg

Kodiaq closest competitor is Peugeot 5008. YouTube reviews comparing these 2 cars. Both are very good cars. Peugeot 5008 has reached Auto France....creamy smooth quiet relaxing drive. Kodiaq only carried by PI at the moment.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

the color is nice.

Any problem with the twin boot gate during your ownership experience?

Absolutely problem-free, and I used both opening mode quite often, as the boot is quite deep and at time I will need to open it fully to retrieve my stuff in the deeper end of the boot.

It is very useful, and I managed to transport even a 3ft fish tanks with accessories just with this "sedan"...

Kodiaq closest competitor is Peugeot 5008. YouTube reviews comparing these 2 cars. Both are very good cars. Peugeot 5008 has reached Auto France....creamy smooth quiet relaxing drive. Kodiaq only carried by PI at the moment.

In term of size, Kodiaq pit against the Sorento directly. 5008 is in the same league as say C4 Picasso, which is a size smaller.

So cheap ......  :TT_TT:

The price quoted in the article I posted is US$, so effectively, the new Komiq will be around S$18K++, which is not really cheap in China.

• Praise 7

The price quoted in the article I posted is US$, so effectively, the new Komiq will be around S$18K++, which is not really cheap in China.

You're right. Its locally made and still sells around S$18k, its quite expensive.

But then its not easy to buy a car in China either. You'd need to join the ballot for a license plate before you can even buy a car. Unless you already owned one, then its probably easier to change your ride.

I had always been interested in the vrs since 5 years ago. When I was buying new car 3 years ago I would have targeted the vrs if there was still an AD around then. I still like the vrs but probably will drive current car for several more years. Maybe then will be new vrs again.

How many here eying the new superb n octavia vRs? Let's hope they don't drop they don't drop the ball on this product line

• Praise 2

I had always been interested in the vrs since 5 years ago. When I was buying new car 3 years ago I would have targeted the vrs if there was still an AD around then. I still like the vrs but probably will drive current car for several more years. Maybe then will be new vrs again.

I ended up with the current french because there was no more Skoda AD when I scrapped my octavia 1.5yrs ago. Want to buy also not available.

Edited by Try_conti
  • Praise 1

skoda_fabia_2018_100.jpg

Skoda is planning a facelift for its Fabia hatch, which will go on show at the 2018 Geneva motor show.

There’s not much to say thus far, but Skoda says that the new Fabia ‘receives a major design overhaul.’ Skoda’s sketch of the updated car looks a lot like a mini Superb at the front, with crisp LED headlights and a chunky front grille. Rear LED lights will be available for the first time.

Skoda has promised that its ‘Simply Clever’ details – things like an ice scraper in the fuel filler cap and a ticket holder on the windscreen – will still be present on this new model.

The current-generation Fabia has been on sale since 2015, while the Fabia in general has been part of Skoda’s model range since 1999. Around four million Fabias have been sold since the car’s original launch, 500,000 of which being the current one.

Here are some spy shots to quench your thirst though...

skoda_fabia_combi_fl_009.jpgskoda_fabia_combi_fl_002.jpgskoda_fabia_combi_fl_011.jpgskoda_fabia_combi_fl_012.jpgskoda_fabia_combi_fl_005.jpgskoda_fabia_combi_fl_007.jpg
  • Praise 6

I ended up with the current french because there was no more Skoda AD when I scrapped my octavia 1.5yrs ago. Want to buy also not available.

I dont even know that they close shop until i That day i brought my wife to the showroom. To my surprise, it was deserted. Very disappointed as i had waited for past 7 years for my ride to EOL in order to get Skoda
  • Praise 1

I dont even know that they close shop until i That day i brought my wife to the showroom. To my surprise, it was deserted. Very disappointed as i had waited for past 7 years for my ride to EOL in order to get Skoda

Maybe if you wait a little longer, VW may start selling though don't know when it will happen as they seem to be renovating the rear of the current VW showroom premises at Leng Kee.

Maybe if you wait a little longer, VW may start selling though don't know when it will happen as they seem to be renovating the rear of the current VW showroom premises at Leng Kee.

Maybe by 3rd quarter of this year, I hope.  ^_^

• Praise 1

Skoda is rolling out many new model of late, a very aggressive move! [cool]

Skoda Vision X Concept To Preview New Urban Crossover In Geneva

180201-VISION-X-Sketches-3.jpg180201-VISION-X-Sketches-2.jpg180201-VISION-X-Sketch.jpg

Skoda has promised to present an updated version of its Fabia hatchback at the forthcoming Geneva Motor Show next month. But that won’t be all the new metal that the Czech automaker will bring to the key European auto expo this year.

Alongside it, Skoda will reveal the Vision X concept, forecasting a new “urban crossover” with a hybrid powertrain.

Though presented as a show car, the Vision X will pave the way the automaker to slot a third crossover into its lineup. It would ostensibly slot beneath the compact Karoq that replaced the Yeti and the mid-size Kodiaq that shares its underpinnings with the VW Tiguan and Seat Ateca.

The concept also sets the stage for an expansion of Skoda’s electrified offerings. The company aims to sell a quarter of its output with plug-in hybrid or fully electric propulsion by 2025.

Showcasing a new design language inside and out, the Vision X itself adopts “compact proportions… presented as the ideal companion for an active, urban lifestyle.” It’ll be coated in a bright shade of FlexGreen, with an Anthracite grey roof, a panoramic glass panel, 20-inch alloys, and pronounced side sills.

Meanwhile the cabin space will be dominated by a freestanding infotainment display and highlighted with illuminated crystal. The characteristic Bohemian glass serves as a key inspiration behind the brand’s latest design direction.
  • Praise 7

Maybe by 3rd quarter of this year, I hope.  ^_^

the superb is definitely on my shopping list for the next car ... along with the opel insignia and peugeot 508 

(edited)

Coming soon....

Fit-out seems to have been completed. Operations to start by early Q2 is highly possible.

35hjk15.jpg

The show room is quite small, probably just enough for display of ~6 cars. So don't expect full range here.

9v868p.jpg

The flagship 7 seater SUV, Kodiaq, confirm will be available, judging by this lighted display board...

21mtht1.jpg

Stay tuned for more updates...

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 11

wah ... "insider" info. Really inside .....  [laugh]

Coming soon....

Fit-out seems to have been completed. Operations to start by early Q2 is highly possible.
35hjk15.jpg

The show room is quite small, probably just enough for display of ~6 cars. So don't expect full range here.
9v868p.jpg

The flagship 7 seater SUV, Kodiaq, confirm will be available, judging by this lighted display board...
21mtht1.jpg

Stay tuned for more updates...

• Praise 2