A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

car servicing (oil change only) is quite fast, just that it spends more time waiting for whatever reason. toyota has a 2 hour turn around. wonder whats the booking time really for... since take car is 5pm

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

car servicing (oil change only) is quite fast, just that it spends more time waiting for whatever reason. toyota has a 2 hour turn around. wonder whats the booking time really for... since take car is 5pm

VCS has a Friday service I think also 2 hrs. 

But to be fair, engine also need to cool down and there is only so much service bay.

If you bring in the car without a single complaint, I believe they can do the 2 hours turn around

However, there are the "cliam gao gao " type of owners and the service consume to the other person keep you in a unfair situation of the car park there without any hands on

I also tot my car's 177bhp 350NM was good enough. Until i unleashed the horses to 270bhp 390NM. Totally different beast on NSH.ð Bought a huge smile to my face whenever i pedal to the metal.

It is never enough.ð

Wah 270 indeed alot.

I think vw or scs worry if go tune end up more warranty claim lol

Car engine hot need about 1-2 hrs to cool down. Also need to queue since the bay not so much

Signed the paper on July, received the car in September. 

So far no problem, the FC varies...My first full tank gives 1:9 km.. My last top up I managed 1:12 km.

No engine tuning yet, only change the air filter to K&N.

Rims are the standard 19 inch with Pirelli P-Zero 225/35

Need to top up engine oil in between servicing?

• Praise 1

Ordered end october, delivered early december

Yes, the cup holders do not hold standard tumblers, missing an ice scraper on the fuel flap.

So far about 550km before the red line, on a 50l tank.

Does it need anymore tuning?

Skoda gemini, 225/40/18.

Need to top up engine oil in between servicing?

• Praise 2

VCS has a Friday service I think also 2 hrs. 

But to be fair, engine also need to cool down and there is only so much service bay.

If you bring in the car without a single complaint, I believe they can do the 2 hours turn around

However, there are the "cliam gao gao " type of owners and the service consume to the other person keep you in a unfair situation of the car park there without any hands on

Yes, engine need to cool down, thats why sit outside wait another 3 hours, then drive over to the hoist.

Just nice now the engine cool until oil thicken back again. lol

Take abit longer to drip out, so go work on other cars first.

Come back 2 hours later, ok put everything back, and fill oil, about 10 minutes.

Start engine, wait for it warm abit, and check for leaks, meantime go work on another car.

Come back half hour later, engine off, do vagcom and reset service intervals, same time check for errors.

Let the vagcom run, meantime go work on other cars.

Master mech do one last QC, send out to the free carwash to get your free swirlmarks.

Just nice 5pm can collect your car.

Need to top up engine oil in between servicing?

I dunno leh, I am trying to figure out how to unclip the dipstick, so I can check if oil levels still decent.

So far no warning lights must mean its ok loh. lol

Yes, engine need to cool down, thats why sit outside wait another 3 hours, then drive over to the hoist.

Just nice now the engine cool until oil thicken back again. lol

Take abit longer to drip out, so go work on other cars first.

Come back 2 hours later, ok put everything back, and fill oil, about 10 minutes.

Start engine, wait for it warm abit, and check for leaks, meantime go work on another car.

Come back half hour later, engine off, do vagcom and reset service intervals, same time check for errors.

Let the vagcom run, meantime go work on other cars.

Master mech do one last QC, send out to the free carwash to get your free swirlmarks.

Just nice 5pm can collect your car.

I dunno leh, I am trying to figure out how to unclip the dipstick, so I can check if oil levels still decent.

So far no warning lights must mean its ok loh. lol

No need check dip stick

The monitor system will warn you when oil level too low

• Praise 2

Usually they wait for the car to cool down before working on it, that's why turnaround at least 1/2 day..

The gap between Superb Ambition Plus and L&K seems to be increasing... Sgcarmart says 13k but website is 15k.

Anyone knows best price for L&K?

• Praise 1

Booked a steel grey rs245 today [:p]

Was told that no more "Lamborghini" rims, which is tad abit sad.
But still, impressed with the interior space and performance of the ride.

ETA can receive the new ride before CNY [drivingcar]

• Praise 9

The gap between Superb Ambition Plus and L&K seems to be increasing... Sgcarmart says 13k but website is 15k.

Anyone knows best price for L&K?

Superb Ambition - $119.9 K

Superb Ambition+ - $126.9 K

Superb L&K - $139.9 K

(based on quotation as of 5/1/19)

Now it's possible for price revision after today's Coe bidding

Edited by cashcow
  • Praise 4

To be fair to VW, my last experience was in early 2015. After that, I've been going to Servotronics at Sin Ming for the annual servicing.

After that, I think in 2016 VW launched the fast service and "clinic" on Friday mornings.

huh. take so long for simple servicing.

The longest any AD servicing has taken me after sending in the car at 8-9am is 1pm.

seems like Skoda is trimming the options and/or reducing discounts to turn better profit... later buyers may not get such good deals

Booked a steel grey rs245 today [:p]

Was told that no more "Lamborghini" rims, which is tad abit sad.
But still, impressed with the interior space and performance of the ride.

ETA can receive the new ride before CNY [drivingcar]

Congrats! Surprise got ready stock

Maybe left the colors that nobody wants. Eg, electric green.

seems like Skoda is trimming the options and/or reducing discounts to turn better profit... later buyers may not get such good deals

Believe the rims being referred to were the 1st and 2nd batch 19" that were stock to the rs245. The batches after were all 18" gemini. Pretty sure the geminis look nothing like Lamborghini rims.
↡ Advertisement