A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

Yes, it comes with blind spot monitoring.

If only it had DCC also... But then it wouldn't be at the 120k+ range  [laugh]

DCC is a 750 option from factory. x2.25 yeah.. probably hit another 1700 dollars. But the margin is 25 K so, still possible for 120K.

Without DCC already raw with COE at 93K. Was hoping they cut back to 18inch and throw in DCC

Its not wrong for SCS to want to earn more, just that its like the preverbal great tuxedo, but what everyone can see is a small spot of ketchup stain near the cuff link

Edited by Sdf4786k

Lousy groomers say: The more coats the better! Sign highest package with free touch ups!

Good groomers say: New car go for base coat will do. Wash car yourself, use soap, don't just use water.

Car care salesman say: Don't waste money to coat. Buy good products and care for the car. It will serve you well if you treat it well.

So which one you went with?

Ceramic coat usually just 1 coat, every yr just go for maintenance, and wash with water only..

Its not nicely thought out.

It is do before, and learn from history. lol

Have used the GFB line of products before, yes, quite cool, and easy for beginner level mods.

Currently not on my radar.

Because I plan to swap out the stock diverter with this:

https://volks.pro/atlas/product/turbosmart-kompact-em-diverter-valve/

I have always been going with detail lab, as I trust their level of worksmanship.

But I tell you first, it is pricey, if you are just going for the base level of ceramic PPS.

So if you get a quote that exceeds your expectations, I warned you first.

wah you must be planning to mod up to a high boost to need that kind of pricey dv

I've been going there for last 4 yrs. Regular annual servicings, replaced radiator (cos corrosion and leak), replaced multiple sensors (rear wheel speed, left and right sides, O2 sensor...).

My friend who used to drive a Mk5 GTI recommended to me. It's close to where I stay.

are you a regular at servotronics? used to go there for the golf 7. plan to go there for in between servicing. lucky there dont have 2 hour cool down. 

I saw a steel grey RS245 driving down alexandra road. it's a stealth colour that grows on you!

All the colors mentioned here are on my "not keen, willing to wait" list.

White and green were at the bottom of my list.

Would take steel grey if no black.

I saw a steel grey RS245 driving down alexandra road. it's a stealth colour that grows on you!

Rubbish.

Its a colour some cars are getting their cars vinyl wrapped in.

Wait people think I kongkum, buy a green RS, wrap it up in steel grey.

Have tried the GFB, and forge before.

So want to see what this turbosmart version can do.

Actually, same price range as the forge.

actually what’s so bad about stock dv?

read that it has been upgraded and no more rubber or plastic parts

should be sufficient even to run stg 1

no leh, didn't look like a wrapped car, and i saw a similar superb/karoq in that colour at the showroom?

Rubbish.

Its a colour some cars are getting their cars vinyl wrapped in.

Wait people think I kongkum, buy a green RS, wrap it up in steel grey.

So which one you went with?

Ceramic coat usually just 1 coat, every yr just go for maintenance, and wash with water only..

Went with a good groomer and kenna nagged by a car care salesman.

Many ads claim to do 4 or more layers and videos of striking lighters at the car...

Hi everyone, is anyone familiar with buying bodykit parts from Superskoda.com? Looks interesting for me... how's your experience buying from them?

• Praise 1

Hi everyone, is anyone familiar with buying bodykit parts from Superskoda.com? Looks interesting for me... how's your experience buying from them?

No, you be the first, and let us know. If you buy above sgd400 prepare for it to be held at customs, then the singpost guy come find you for money.

They take over 2 weeks to deliver small packages because they use the national mail system. It's not about you willing to pay more, it's because no other options.

• Praise 1

Nothing wrong with the stock dv, but like all electro mechanical solenoids, degrade over time, because of wear and tear.

There is also a tendency for the engine oil ventilation to collect at the seals over time.

When enough gunk collects, and hardens it will be detrimental to the response.

The reason why GFB came up with their add on is to overcome the lower boost relief on the stock dv.

The forge one was more mechanical, with the electromechanical isolated to the signalling.

Hence, not as susceptible to response lag as the gunk did not affect it.

The only downside, for the forge was over a period you would need to unscrew it, and grease the relief spring.

thanks for the explanation boss.

think i’ll just change the stock dv to another brand new stock one after 5 years since the first one can already last so long

No, you be the first, and let us know. If you buy above sgd400 prepare for it to be held at customs, then the singpost guy come find you for money.

They take over 2 weeks to deliver small packages because they use the national mail system. It's not about you willing to pay more, it's because no other options.

Lol ok, maybe I'll try to buy something cheaper like a diffusor or something for the exhaust, see if it works.

Anyone knows a good bodykit installer?

↡ Advertisement