A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

I have this issue too. Ownership less than 2 mon Left side is far worse than the right hand side. Later I post photos.

Just went for coating and grooming yesterday. The guy said its normal. Its how they coated the under carriage cladding. He showed me a porshe at his shop also same thing.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Just went for coating and grooming yesterday. The guy said its normal. Its how they coated the under carriage cladding. He showed me a porshe at his shop also same thing.

If its cladding, then no issue. My current car also has these spots at the bottom of the skirting. As long as it looks uniform it's ok

Can the autohold or stop/start be permanently disabled using the android obd2 app with adapter? Anyone successful done this, and which app did you use?

Edited by Extinguisher

So far, never heard any of my customer respraying the bitumen coating before. So no, I think it is not necessary. 

Is it recommended to get a respray for that?

Turbocharged

Hi Skoda owners, anyone owned a Octavia RS 245? I caught the car in the motors how and like to ask some questions to get to know more about the car:

Basically I'm driving a Forester XT and itching to change after closing in to 4 years. The XT is quite a blast TBH but I want to see if the Octavia RS can match some of the stuff.

- How many drive modes are there? (eg. Eco, Sports, etc)

- Does the onboard headunit include gauges for Boost/Temp/Pressure?

- Forester XT has quite a competent Harmon kardon sound system, how is the Octavia RS sound system?

- Is the exhaust note loud? like GTI?

- Is the ride harsh? can it be adjusted? concerned as a family with kid and infant.

- Can the front passenger airbag be disabled for child/infant seats?

- How is the agent so far on warranty/servicing?

- Any local owner's group or club?

Thanks...most probably planning a trip down to test the car one of these days.

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 1

Hi Skoda owners, anyone owned a Octavia RS 245? I caught the car in the motors how and like to ask some questions to get to know more about the car:

Basically I'm driving a Forester XT and itching to change after closing in to 4 years. The XT is quite a blast TBH but I want to see if the Octavia RS can match some of the stuff.

- Local version does have the LSD right, is it Mechanical or electronic?

- Is the ride harsh? can it be adjusted? concerned as a family with kid and infant.

@Ariesgoat

Can test drive meh? The SE who attended to me told me only can test drive superb.

Can.

I test drove it last month. 

- Forestr XT has quite a competent Harmon kardon sound system, how is the Octavia RS sound system?

Yes

- Forestr XT has quite a competent Harmon kardon sound system, how is the Octavia RS sound system?

No

yes

No

yes at the glove compartment

sama sama if you dont mod

yes

The first question I cannot answer as the driving mode works well with DCC

Edited by Sdf4786k

Driving modes - Eco, Normal, Sports, Individual.

No more digital gauges, not practical anyways. If you want then get the white used one on sale.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Yes

No

yes

No

yes at the glove compartment

sama sama if you dont mod

yes

The first question I cannot answer as the driving mode works well with DCC

Thanks for the quick response!!

To elaborate further:

- So there is no mode to choose? Only a single mode? What is DCC?

- Is the speaker bad? Passable to enjoy music or must change speaker if want that treble or bass?

- bumpy stiffy ride?

To elaborate further:

- Is the speaker bad? Passable to enjoy music or must change speaker if want that treble or bass?

- bumpy stiffy ride?

Speakers are better than most new cars with factory speakers. Maybe because it uses woofer speakers + tweeters for front and rear. But if you prefer more bass, definitely need to change out.

For a car on 19s, it is damn comfortable. So the newer batches on 18s should be even better.

• Praise 1

To elaborate further:

- bumpy stiffy ride?

- So there is no mode to choose?

Yes there is mode selection, just that you dont have stiffen suspension on sports mode.

Only a single mode?

I cant tell if they have individual, sports, comfort . But there should be

What is DCC?

Dynamic Chassis control

- Is the speaker bad?

Most of the guys just buy a underseat woffle for a quick solution

Passable to enjoy music or must change speaker if want that treble or bass?

as above

- bumpy stiffy ride?

Nope. Actually quite good, now that they come with 18" instead of 19" rims

• Praise 1

- How many drive modes are there? (eg. Eco, Sports, etc) [Eco, Normal, Sports, custom.]
- Does the onboard headunit include gauges for Boost/Temp/Pressure? [The first few batches had it, now no have, not that you would use it.]
- Forester XT has quite a competent Harmon kardon sound system, how is the Octavia RS sound system? [No harmon kardon, no fancy branded system, just some MIC parts, and assembled into this car, will not even call it competent, just gets you buy, good for listening to the news.]
- Is the exhaust note loud? like GTI? [Dunno, never been able to stand outside, and have someone vroom vroom for me, the insulation kinds of drowns everything out for me inside.]
- Is the ride harsh? can it be adjusted? concerned as a family with kid and infant. [Different backside different feel, it is soft enough for me, I got people commenting this ride is harsher than my lowered stiffened jetta, I was like WTF.]
- Can the front passenger airbag be disabled for child/infant seats? [Yes, use the car key on the switch hidden in the glove compartment]
- How is the agent so far on warranty/servicing? [it is under VW, I am worried.]
- Any local owner's group or club? [There is, but I am not in it, do not want to be in it.]

• Praise 2