A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

The trunk lid of my Superb L&K (with virtual pedal) can also be (accidentally) activated by pressing a particular spot on the back bumper. Apparently it is the same for all Superb L&Ks, including those in the showroom!

Mind sharing the exact spot? I wanna try on mine.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Then your OC find out you bluff how? With eco mode, I can bump the FC up to 16 plus km to the litre for the stretch of kpe thru mce. Then switch it off reach vivocity go back down to 12.

My OC's impression of Supped up cars are based on our past car, bumpy and noisy due to the exhaust. She is sick of all the bumpy rides and noisy cabin due to exhuast or engine sound....even though it's music to my ears...lol

The eco mode sedated the car alot and make it so gentle you don't even know it's a sporty car. I purposely drove the car in eco mode during the test drive to let her know it can be driven gently. Hence approval given.

so yeah, sleeper car wins the day!

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 2

The trunk lid of my Superb L&K (with virtual pedal) can also be (accidentally) activated by pressing a particular spot on the back bumper. Apparently it is the same for all Superb L&Ks, including those in the showroom!

Well at least you know there is a failsafe mechanism in case the main button fails :D
  • Praise 2

Well at least you know there is a failsafe mechanism in case the main button fails :D

Yes that's what Skoda Centre claimed. But if your knee hits that spot while loading things, the lid will come down on your head... happened to me a few times :)

They will check with manufacturer.

• Praise 1

Yes that's what Skoda Centre claimed. But if your knee hits that spot while loading things, the lid will come down on your head... happened to me a few times :)

No wonder, I kenna a few times liao and none the wiser...
  • Praise 1

yeah but if u select individual even on eco mode, it does not kick in.

I think its a software glitch. By default, even on eco mode, the coasting does not kick in. But if u keep on toggling it between the other modes, eventually it will start to coast when u go into eco mode.

Twincharged

The skoda gulliotine? Haha. Edited by Mkl22

My OC's impression of Supped up cars are based on our past car, bumpy and noisy due to the exhaust. She is sick of all the bumpy rides and noisy cabin due to exhuast or engine sound....even though it's music to my ears...lol

The eco mode sedated the car alot and make it so gentle you don't even know it's a sporty car. I purposely drove the car in eco mode during the test drive to let her know it can be driven gently. Hence approval given.

so yeah, sleeper car wins the day!

I am permanently set to individual mode with the drive set to normal, and the engine noise set to comfort. All I hear is the whoosh of the intake, and the psst of the DV. No plans for downpipe nor exhaust, as keeping it clean.

The wind noise from the side mirrors can get quite irritating over time. It was the same on my Jetta.

My ECO mode stay in ECO after car restart BUT the eco indicator and E gear never display/never work.

I need to change the mode to Normal then back to ECO then it works.

Same experience by others?

Btw if during Coasting the gearbox become neutral and reengage when we step on the accelerator. If this is done often will the gearbox up lorry sooner?

Everytime you change PRND, or start the engine also got chance for a flashing spanner on the MFD. That's what makes VW group cars so fun to drive, you dunno when you will strike lottery.

Latest news on Scala. The car is already in Singapore (brought in by SCS), undergoing LTA homologation process. If everything goes smoothly, the car should be available for viewing / sales by end May.

• Praise 13

Latest news on Scala. The car is already in Singapore (brought in by SCS), undergoing LTA homologation process. If everything goes smoothly, the car should be available for viewing / sales by end May.

1.5 evo engine with all the bells and whistle at 90K?

The ST article say 90k have VC and wireless apple carplay? some more...LOL.

====================

If you are in the market for a sensible family hatchback, you have a tonne of options, chief among which is the ubiquitous Volkswagen Golf.

Now, Skoda reckons you can add one more car to that list - the new Scala. The car is not a rebadged Golf. In fact, it is underpinned by Volkswagen Group's Modular Transverse Matrix (MQB)-A0 platform, shared by other superminis such as the Seat Ibiza and Volkswagen Polo.

But the Scala is far from mini. Measuring 4,362mm long, 1,793mm wide and 1,471mm tall, it is fairly substantial for its class. Size-wise, it is actually closer to the Golf than the smaller Polo. Its wheelbase of 2,649mm is 12mm longer than the Golf's.

As a result, the interior is pretty spacious. Rear knee room is on a par with the Skoda Octavia at 73mm, while the 982mm rear headroom is a segment benchmark. Additionally, the car has a 467-litre boot - the largest in its segment.

The Scala is also fairly big on features, sporting full-LED front and rear lights and dynamic rear indicators. It also features a 10.25-inch virtual cockpit, a 9.2-inch floating display with a slew of infotainment features, wireless handphone charging and wireless iPhone pairing.

With its narrow track but long wheelbase, the car lacks the dynamic verve of a supermini like the Seat Ibiza. Its steering is quite numb and diving too quickly into a corner is usually met with understeer.

SPECS / SKODA SCALA 1.5

PRICE: $90,000 with COE when it arrives in first half of next year (both price and arrival are estimates)

ENGINE: 1,498cc 16-valve inline-4 turbocharged

TRANSMISSION: Seven-speed dual-clutch with manual select

POWER: 150hp at 5,000rpm

TORQUE: 250Nm at 1,400-4,000rpm

0-100KMH: 8.2 seconds

TOP SPEED: 219kmh

FUEL CONSUMPTION: 5 litres/100km

AGENT: Skoda Centre Singapore

On the other hand, its ride is very comfortable and stable, even at high speeds.

The 1.5-litre variant is especially effortless, with ample torque at low revs. The 1-litre variant requires you to work the engine a little harder, but it still packs sufficient power for everyday use.

With the MQB platform, Skoda is able to pack the Scala with numerous safety systems. The car will help keep you in lane and a safe distance from vehicles in front and activate emergency braking at certain speeds.

Optional features include a blind-spot detection system effective for up to 70m, adaptive cruise control and self-parking.

In a nutshell, the Scala is yet another exercise in maximisation. It demonstrates Skoda's ability to offer customers good value, practicality and equipment while operating within strict economic parameters.

While the engine specifications for Singapore are still unconfirmed, it is likely that a 1-litre variant paired with a seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox will be offered. This is because the 1.5-litre engine will push the car into the costlier Category B certificate of entitlement segment.

Assuming it can be priced around $90,000, the Scala will be a strong contender in the hatchback segment. After all, that would be a Golf-sized car for Polo money.

Edited by badlammy
  • Praise 1

1.5 evo engine with all the bells and whistle at 90K?

The ST reviewer only got to test drive the top spec.

If anyone had watched youtube, all the reviewers congregated in a place to get it done.

• Praise 1

maybe can see it at the expo next week?

↡ Advertisement