A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

4 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Plastic buttons also can tell the difference??? 😂

One day you go to SCS, you go to the VW showroom and get a feel on the window up/down buttons on any of the VW models, then move on to SCS, and try out the same.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, csoyzx said:

Is there an all skoda owners WhatsApp grp chat to join? 

I am only in my Karoq groupchat, not sure if there is an all Skoda car owners groupchat. 

On 10/6/2019 at 12:55 AM, Lchong said:

zDArzz5.jpg

Looks like the vRS is well received. All 10 early bird unit sold out by 3pm on Saturday 

With the impending launch of the new Octavia, wonder if SCS is bringing in anymore RS or this one last batch clear old stock?

• Praise 1

28 minutes ago, Soya said:

With the impending launch of the new Octavia, wonder if SCS is bringing in anymore RS or this one last batch clear old stock?

From the time it is launch to the time it is release to Asia to the time lta homogation gets completed. I would think take one year. 

PI if available first would jump start the availability from AD. 

I rough estimate only in 2021 early first Q, 

Most likely will be the usual vrs without virtual cockpit that will still be available. 

That my best guess and I may be wrong. 

Superb is also selling the run out model. 

But you don't see it heavily discounted till they loose money. So easier to nego on a weekday with the friendly SE to see if there is better deal

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 2

3 hours ago, csoyzx said:

Is there an all skoda owners WhatsApp grp chat to join? 

Got but too big and too random. Many prev gen skoda ex owners now driving vw, renault and other makes but still insai the group. Better join the fb group and find specific car model whatsapp

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

From the time it is launch to the time it is release to Asia to the time lta homogation gets completed. I would think take one year. 

PI if available first would jump start the availability from AD. 

I rough estimate only in 2021 early first Q, 

Most likely will be the usual vrs without virtual cockpit that will still be available. 

That my best guess and I may be wrong. 

Superb is also selling the run out model. 

But you don't see it heavily discounted till they loose money. So easier to nego on a weekday with the friendly SE to see if there is better deal

Golf Mk8 launching later this month

Hopefully next batch of RS will be based on the Mk8 GTI specs and not just a tweaked Mk7.5

Edited by Soya
  • Praise 1

4 hours ago, Soya said:

Golf Mk8 launching later this month

Hopefully next batch of RS will be based on the Mk8 GTI specs and not just a tweaked Mk7.5

Can use that as a rough estimation. 22oct till sg launch should be about there.. Jetta also launch but don't see it in sg yet

2 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

Can use that as a rough estimation. 22oct till sg launch should be about there.. Jetta also launch but don't see it in sg yet

The jetta will never come to Singapore anymore. Only the LHD versions are being produced in Mexico.

• Praise 2

17 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Plastic buttons also can tell the difference??? 😂

I'm a frequent user of the power windows. On first entry into the car I would always wind all windows fully down, after drive for a minute once the internal atmosphere is replaced with fresh air I wind them all back up. It's a habit. If you do that every day for the past 2 cars that you drive without any issue, come to this new skoda you might think there's a problem somewhere.

36 minutes ago, Friedpiggy said:

I'm a frequent user of the power windows. On first entry into the car I would always wind all windows fully down, after drive for a minute once the internal atmosphere is replaced with fresh air I wind them all back up. It's a habit. If you do that every day for the past 2 cars that you drive without any issue, come to this new skoda you might think there's a problem somewhere.

Use remote key open and hold. Save the trouble

• Praise 3

5 hours ago, Friedpiggy said:

So the problem are the buttons for the windows?

I know what he means. The power buttons for the windows on the skoda feels abit "tacky". I feel them too, coz I wound my windows down alot too in my ex jetta. You would expect the buttons to feel abit nicer on the skoda, but they are errr not.

2 hours ago, adrian140180 said:

I know what he means. The power buttons for the windows on the skoda feels abit "tacky". I feel them too, coz I wound my windows down alot too in my ex jetta. You would expect the buttons to feel abit nicer on the skoda, but they are errr not.

VW > Skoda, so it's expected ..

4 hours ago, adrian140180 said:

Maybe I wasn't that particular, used on both skodas and a VW then Audi, but didn't feel significant difference in terms of touch/feel..

↡ Advertisement