A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

4 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

Since you can't be bothered with warranty, is there a reason why you go with AD and not PI or self import. I suppose most of us go to AD for peace of mind and it's 5 years warranty

It is more of a trust issue. When it comes to big ticket items, would you prefer dealing with a big office, or a really mini player?

I cannot say I am damn good at doing research, and paperwork, as I age, its more about handing over the money and get the goods, call it a day.

Having deal with VCS before, I am pretty contented they can settle all that for me.

Maybe after I get the car, I changed my mind want to just keep it stock, at least I still have a back alley.

One thing to keep in mind, doubt anyone would purchase the RS to keep it "stock". lol

Yes, the advertising factor was 5 years, but really you guys need to read the fine print behind that 5 years.

Unless you commit to their terms, that 5 years is pretty much in question.

I not going to pull up the micro text, but its all on their website.

Last thing, when it comes to warranty, it is really about a time vs money issue.

When you do a claim, you are really under the purview of the vendor/manufacturer/oem.

Ultimately, they are the ones deciding if your claim is approved, or goes through.

If they want to f**k you up, they can, time is on their side, it will never be on your terms.

So end of the day, its only whether you want to save time, and spend your own money, or you not willing to spend, and waste the time getting it done under claim.

I use my car everyday, clock an average of 100km daily, and the thought of it stuck in a shop somewhere just irks me, so you would know which direction I would choose to keep it running.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

I go to AD never consider PI or self import. Pay more for peace of mind.... hopefully.

Adrian seems a capable chap to do everything.

I am capable to do alot of things.

Just no longer the age, or the feel to do anything. lol

• Haha! 1

Just now, Sdf4786k said:

this looks like a huge job...

The job to remove, and replace is actually pretty easy. The above unit is located directly below the intake manifold on the 2.0T.

It is more of disconnecting hoses, wiring, and down the cooling fan to make space and pull the unit out after, then the reverse.

One experience mech can do the entire job, within 2 hours tops, with coolant back in, and parts in hand.

Was at the shop, and got the spare parts within an hour of order.

Of course if you send it into SCS, you probably need to multiply that time by at least 24X, maybe throw in a week or two.

Our cars only have 10 years of COE by the way.

• Praise 1

31 minutes ago, adrian140180 said:

The job to remove, and replace is actually pretty easy. The above unit is located directly below the intake manifold on the 2.0T.

It is more of disconnecting hoses, wiring, and down the cooling fan to make space and pull the unit out after, then the reverse.

One experience mech can do the entire job, within 2 hours tops, with coolant back in, and parts in hand.

Of course if you send it into SCS, you probably need to multiply that time by at least 24X, maybe throw in a week or two.

Thanks for the sharing.

My Superb has shown Low coolant signal 3 times since 8k. Going to send in for first servicing plus for checkup. 

There’s a chemical smell from the aircon too. Not too sure whether it’s related. 

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

48 minutes ago, adrian140180 said:

you left the part out on wiping and cleaning and tighten.. drive for one week and monitor bit before the actual work starts.

I am just surprise that both GTI/R and VRS has this problem, but there is no TSb recall yet.

Probably no social media broadcast to get their attention.

Edited by Sdf4786k

20 minutes ago, Superb13 said:

Thanks for the sharing.

My Superb has shown Low coolant signal 3 times since 8k. Going to send in for first servicing plus for checkup. 

There’s a chemical smell from the aircon too. Not too sure whether it’s related. 

coolant leakage to cabin is dangerous. Its toxic smell. Better go rectify it.

49 minutes ago, Superb13 said:

Thanks for the sharing.

Do update after the service.🙏

I suppose you went to the dialogue counter for their FOC top up.? The mechanic there should have raised an alarm since it's already 3 times in a short time?

• Praise 1

Thanks for the advice. 

I initially thought they are separate issues i.e. the coolant leak and aircon smell but will get them to check whether it’s related. 

1 hour ago, adrian140180 said:

It is more of a trust issue. When it comes to big ticket items, would you prefer dealing with a big office, or a really mini player?

I cannot say I am damn good at doing research, and paperwork, as I age, its more about handing over the money and get the goods, call it a day.

Having deal with VCS before, I am pretty contented they can settle all that for me.

Maybe after I get the car, I changed my mind want to just keep it stock, at least I still have a back alley.

One thing to keep in mind, doubt anyone would purchase the RS to keep it "stock". lol

Yes, the advertising factor was 5 years, but really you guys need to read the fine print behind that 5 years.

Unless you commit to their terms, that 5 years is pretty much in question.

I not going to pull up the micro text, but its all on their website.

Last thing, when it comes to warranty, it is really about a time vs money issue.

When you do a claim, you are really under the purview of the vendor/manufacturer/oem.

Ultimately, they are the ones deciding if your claim is approved, or goes through.

If they want to f**k you up, they can, time is on their side, it will never be on your terms.

So end of the day, its only whether you want to save time, and spend your own money, or you not willing to spend, and waste the time getting it done under claim.

I use my car everyday, clock an average of 100km daily, and the thought of it stuck in a shop somewhere just irks me, so you would know which direction I would choose to keep it running.

In terms of warranty claims, I don't bother to read the fine print. Even if I did, I doubt I understand them.

I just believe if SCS is fair, I may stick with them for servicing. Even if it's for a full day. Anything more than that, a courtesy car provided automatically.

If I change to wider tyres, don't void the whole suspension system. If I replace the stock steering wheel, don't void the whole steering column blah blah blah. That I think is fair to both parties.

• Praise 1

52 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

Do update after the service.🙏

I suppose you went to the dialogue counter for their FOC top up.? The mechanic there should have raised an alarm since it's already 3 times in a short time?

The uncle there only has 1 job, anything more technical than greasing the window seals, refer them to the service counter.

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, TangoCharlie said:

In terms of warranty claims, I don't bother to read the fine print. Even if I did, I doubt I understand them.

I just believe if SCS is fair, I may stick with them for servicing. Even if it's for a full day. Anything more than that, a courtesy car provided automatically.

If I change to wider tyres, don't void the whole suspension system. If I replace the stock steering wheel, don't void the whole steering column blah blah blah. That I think is fair to both parties.

I agree wholeheartedly that SCS is fair.

But I need to be fair to them, hence if I go back to them with an unrecognizable car, to make claims, or service.

It is just not fair to them(SCS) at all.

I am in full total agreement that claiming parts from agent, that have failed as a result of my modifications whatsoever just does not cut any cake. Which is another reason, I do not want to waste anyone's time, be it agent, nor mine.

• Praise 1

24 minutes ago, Friedpiggy said:

My superb oil temp usually see 104-106C. Never even whack... is that normal?

Adrain's one doing less than 100 is due to mods?

mine at 90.. dunno how u define whack lah.. i redline once awhile the needle oso never move.

↡ Advertisement