A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

3 hours ago, Mrrayded said:

Curious how all the Skoda owners set their aircon here - do you all use recirculation mode or auto mode for aircon?

Everytime start engine must press recirculation button sibeh Sian sia. But then auto once press recirculate no more auto

I don't use auto mode for aircon. Mine default at 24 and fan speed 1 unless after parking under hot sun.

I presume you know difference between auto recirculate and always recirculate. The latter can be defaulted using vagcom.

2 hours ago, Shoebox said:

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/innovation/technology/10-tips-on-how-to-use-air-conditioning-properly/

Point #7 "Very few people know that, with automatic Climatronic air-conditioning, the air recirculation is switched on for most of the year."

Personally, my aircon is set at 20 degrees, air care always on, and auto mode.

Aircare also deactivated by default if you really check, unless configured using vagcom.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

YES!!! Finally saw my ex after 3.5 years. [inlove] [inlove]

nseKKhs.jpg

If the owner happens to be in MCF, pm me. [:)]

• Praise 10
  • Haha! 5

4 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

nseKKhs.jpg

You mean exact ride?

1 hour ago, badlammy said:

You mean exact ride?

Yes my ex ride. I retain my VRN and the car was allocated this 'SLJ' plate.

Anyway there were only 2 gen 2 Superb with this colour (Magnetic Brown Metallic), mine was the original unit, while the other was respray with the paint after I got mine. Back then it was a limited edition colour (originally available only on L&K trim) and I am super lucky to get the only unit indented by Harvast Auto, at NO extra cost.

@13177 I think you asked before if anyone has seen their ex ride after selling, and I am glad to share with you that with this latest sighting, I saw all my ex (except for 2 that were scrapped and exported). [:)]

• Praise 10

28 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

nseKKhs.jpg

Ownself See Ownself...?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

Yes my ex ride. I retain my VRN and the car was allocated this 'SLJ' plate.

Anyway there were only 2 gen 2 Superb with this colour (Magnetic Brown Metallic), mine was the original unit, while the other was respray with the paint after I got mine. Back then it was a limited edition colour (originally available only on L&K trim) and I am super lucky to get the only unit indented by Harvast Auto, at NO extra cost.

@13177 I think you asked before if anyone has seen their ex ride after selling, and I am glad to share with you that with this latest sighting, I saw all my ex (except for 2 that were scrapped and exported). [:)]

Hmm you sure only 2 units. I've got a friend still driving it, also metallic brown since day 1.

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

nseKKhs.jpg

Still looks nice, elegant and have that exec feel

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, badlammy said:

Aircare also deactivated by default if you really check, unless configured using vagcom.

Ya, i wonder why VW/Skoda don't want to remember last setting. I permanently enabled it using vagcom through the help of a friend. No need to every time press menu > aircare anymore.

• Praise 1

On 7/23/2020 at 9:30 PM, badlammy said:

Hmm you sure only 2 units. I've got a friend still driving it, also metallic brown since day 1.

Your friend's Superb VRN is SKE9xxxH? This is the other unit I am referring to. 

And please don't confused Magnetic Brown Metallic with Mocca Brown Metallic, which was available between 2009 to early 2012.

Mocca Brown Metallic

2748518685_c1111a2f20_c.jpg

Magnetic Brown Metallic 

kpTZhoM.jpg

The former appears more brownish from far, while mine look like black at first glance but has a more reflective brown shade under strong lighting. 

rR2v16H.jpg

• Praise 7

8 minutes ago, Shoebox said:

Ya, i wonder why VW/Skoda don't want to remember last setting. I permanently enabled it using vagcom through the help of a friend. No need to every time press menu > aircare anymore.

Cuz they know it's gimmicky, and when they replace your cabin filter with a normal charcoal filter during your next servicing, it doesn't matter whether Aircare is activated or not.

• Haha! 1

On 7/23/2020 at 10:20 PM, Carbon82 said:

Your friend's Superb VRN is SKE9xxxH? This is the other unit I am referring to. 

Yup...

34 minutes ago, badlammy said:

Yup...

Check with your friend again. The original colour of his Superb should be Cappuccino Beige Metallic iirc. He is staying around my area so I get to see his ride quite often. [;)]

• Praise 5

17 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Check with your friend again. The original colour of his Superb should be Cappuccino Beige Metallic iirc. He is staying around my area so I get to see his ride quite often. [;)]

So many brown shades last time ah 🤣

anyway he resprayed abt 3 years back...already confirm not original paint.

Neutral Newbie

Hi All,
New member here and most likely will buy a Skoda soon. Test drove the Octavia 1.4 and superb and like them both.

but saw the RS245 and got fixated on it, will be test driving it soon.

However I m a bit worried about the RS after seeing some notes here that quite a few around 1 year old cars on sale.

Any opinions on the RS 245 will be helpful.

14 hours ago, badlammy said:

Cuz they know it's gimmicky, and when they replace your cabin filter with a normal charcoal filter during your next servicing, it doesn't matter whether Aircare is activated or not.

May I know what filter you changed into?

1 hour ago, TangoCharlie said:

May I know what filter you changed into?

Bro, Mann FresciousPlus. Pic taken from internet. When we first bought our cars, this is the filter that came with it.

21921528301015_817.JPG.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3