A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

3 hours ago, JTSko said:

Hi All,
New member here and most likely will buy a Skoda soon. Test drove the Octavia 1.4 and superb and like them both.

but saw the RS245 and got fixated on it, will be test driving it soon.

However I m a bit worried about the RS after seeing some notes here that quite a few around 1 year old cars on sale.

Any opinions on the RS 245 will be helpful.

Hi Bro,

Do you trade in your car to Harvest ?

Understand there is a promo now with a better trade-in value , is it good enough.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
17 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

YES!!! Finally saw my ex after 3.5 years. [inlove] [inlove]

nseKKhs.jpg

If the owner happens to be in MCF, pm me. [:)]

How do you know the new owner number plate?

10 minutes ago, Colin03 said:

Hi Bro,

Understand there is a promo now with a better trade-in value , is it good enough.

Hey bro Colin, we are no longer Harvest. 🤣 it’s Skoda Centre Singapore now. 

Anyway, feel free to get a quote for your trade in with me, I can assist you. No obligations.

Cheers! 

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Tohto said:

If you trade in old car and retain old VRN for new car, it is possible to see the new VRN assigned to your old car.

For my case, I saw my ex-car, a honda jazz a few times. Other than the non-stock wheels, I knew the new VRN cos a few days after I had traded in my car, I can still see the car record when I log in to One motoring, with the new VRN. I retained my old VRN. I am not sure if it is becos the 2nd hand delaer hadn't done the transfer or there is some time lag in the system.

• Praise 4

29 minutes ago, Tohto said:

When I retained my registration number, LTA sent me a notification informing me of my new VRN (which was SLJ9280D), and remind me to replace the existing registration plate on my car (then Superb) with the new one within 3 working days.

As I handed over my car to the used car dealer on the same day, I leave it to the dealer to follow up on the plate replacement, and have been keeping a lookout for a brown Superb bearing this 'SLJ' plate since... what a long wait (I spotted all my previous rides within months of selling them).

• Praise 10

3 hours ago, JTSko said:

Hi All,
New member here and most likely will buy a Skoda soon. Test drove the Octavia 1.4 and superb and like them both.

but saw the RS245 and got fixated on it, will be test driving it soon.

However I m a bit worried about the RS after seeing some notes here that quite a few around 1 year old cars on sale.

Any opinions on the RS 245 will be helpful.

I just got a new octavia, was driving the superb previously, was driving a subaru wrx before that. Before the wrx, i was driving a nissan skyline r33. Hopefully my personal experience can shed some light.

All 3 cars are catered to different needs, so really depends on individual.

Octavia - Value for money, money saved can be used elsewhere like family and impulse buys.
Superb - luxurious, comfortable, similar cost of ownership as a rs245. If i had the disposable income, i would choose this again.
RS245 - Powerful, similar cost of ownership as superb

I went from a high performance car to a superb for top 3 reasons below.

1) Power gets boring after a while. Sure, you're fast, the sound is good, but most of the time you're in peak hour traffic. Most of the time you're not tapping the full potential of the car. When you can max out your car, it gets boring after a while. Loot loot loot... shiok la, but you know, too much of a good thing and you get tired of it.

2) You could be getting a much more comfortable car for the money you're paying every month. Especially in daily driving. Superb really win hands down in luxury. The superb also has acceptable power.

3) Wanna-be racers will challenge you. Some bored taxi drivers will challenge you too. They see you're a high performance car, they go, "this is it", and they want to see if your car is the real deal, or just paste sticker, or if their car is faster, or their ego, or whatever rocks their boat. Traffic light, highway, etc. Win also no glory. Those that drive supercars are usually quite respectful, and don't bother you. Usually is the civics, toyotas, some bmws, some mercs... after a while, you just want to get from point A to B because it's just stupid.

But if you haven't owned a high performance car before, by all means, go ahead. It's a wonderful experience, must have at least once in a lifetime. After a while, the shiok factor goes away, plus your backside itchy and want to change car. Generally people who can afford high performance cars, can afford to change cars sooner.

That's my two cents worth on why fast cars have more owners.

As to why i went superb to octavia, that's because after i calculated based on my usage, i save about $5000/year on octavia, and that's money i can burn on silly things.

• Praise 18
  • Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie

Thanks and that offered a new perspective. Agreed that it might get boring after a while. Perhaps thats the reason why people selling sooner.

The superb’s comfort is indeed very good and I intend to drive around with family a lot so it will be useful.

now for me I guess it’s a decision between practicality and passion.

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, Shoebox said:

I just got a new octavia, was driving the superb previously, was driving a subaru wrx before that. Before the wrx, i was driving a nissan skyline r33. Hopefully my personal experience can shed some light.

All 3 cars are catered to different needs, so really depends on individual.

Octavia - Value for money, money saved can be used elsewhere like family and impulse buys.
Superb - luxurious, comfortable, similar cost of ownership as a rs245. If i had the disposable income, i would choose this again.
RS245 - Powerful, similar cost of ownership as superb

I went from a high performance car to a superb for top 3 reasons below.

1) Power gets boring after a while. Sure, you're fast, the sound is good, but most of the time you're in peak hour traffic. Most of the time you're not tapping the full potential of the car. When you can max out your car, it gets boring after a while. Loot loot loot... shiok la, but you know, too much of a good thing and you get tired of it.

2) You could be getting a much more comfortable car for the money you're paying every month. Especially in daily driving. Superb really win hands down in luxury. The superb also has acceptable power.

3) Wanna-be racers will challenge you. Some bored taxi drivers will challenge you too. They see you're a high performance car, they go, "this is it", and they want to see if your car is the real deal, or just paste sticker, or if their car is faster, or their ego, or whatever rocks their boat. Traffic light, highway, etc. Win also no glory. Those that drive supercars are usually quite respectful, and don't bother you. Usually is the civics, toyotas, some bmws, some mercs... after a while, you just want to get from point A to B because it's just stupid.

But if you haven't owned a high performance car before, by all means, go ahead. It's a wonderful experience, must have at least once in a lifetime. After a while, the shiok factor goes away, plus your backside itchy and want to change car. Generally people who can afford high performance cars, can afford to change cars sooner.

That's my two cents worth on why fast cars have more owners.

As to why i went superb to octavia, that's because after i calculated based on my usage, i save about $5000/year on octavia, and that's money i can burn on silly things.

Very sensible comments. Think most car buyers listen to their hearts more than their heads though.

Ya, in the end, really depends on individual. Follow heart la, actually. If you like a car, just buy it. Else every time you see a RS245 zoom by on the road, you will regret. Then one day if your preferences change, then decide again lo. The smile on your face when you loot your dream car on a track is priceless.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged

Nearly 2 years back I wanted to view the RS245 at the showroom so went down.

Too bad (or lucky) that there is no display car there but just Octavia. Not bad for the size n legroom.

Then this huge sedan caught my eyes.. wah seh.. the back seats really wide and leg room even bigger.. some say got 7 series dimension wor..

So eventually talk talk hand out credit card and the car with me for nearly 2 years now.

The comfort is there.. like those ride in a W124.. heavy and sure footed..

Power oso there.. i like to exercise the engine after a long day work.. Sheares Ave where i let her exercise its heart. This will lose out to the RS245 for sure but guess it is good enough for me.. 

So far no problem lah with this car.. just those creaking sound like those BMW plastic loh.. 

At this price point i cannot complain lah..

• Praise 9
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
19 hours ago, Colin03 said:

Hi Bro,

Err bro .. harvest already sell salted eggs many years back ... 🧐

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Haha! 5

Neutral Newbie
22 hours ago, Colin03 said:

Hi Bro,

Believe you already got the answer. If you are keen to buy I am pretty sure they will offer a good deal on the list price.
Not sure about trade in though.

Neutral Newbie
On 7/23/2020 at 10:56 AM, Shoebox said:

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/innovation/technology/10-tips-on-how-to-use-air-conditioning-properly/

Point #7 "Very few people know that, with automatic Climatronic air-conditioning, the air recirculation is switched on for most of the year."

Personally, my aircon is set at 20 degrees, air care always on, and auto mode.

Actually i tried driving around a few times on auto mode but sometimes still can get the smell of exhaust fumes from the lorry and bus so i just use recirculate mode

Neutral Newbie
On 7/23/2020 at 1:47 PM, badlammy said:

I don't use auto mode for aircon. Mine default at 24 and fan speed 1 unless after parking under hot sun.

I presume you know difference between auto recirculate and always recirculate. The latter can be defaulted using vagcom.

24 and fan 1 enough for sg meh? hahahaha. Coming from jap car this conti aircon like cmi always have to put damn low temperature especially when outside temperature is low like rainy day.

Actually i dont know why they cannot allow us to set always recirculate, all my previous cars will remember the setting even when turning off engine and turning on, its a must especially in city driving like Singapore always can smell exhaust fumes when we use outside air

3 minutes ago, Mrrayded said:

24 and fan 1 enough for sg meh? hahahaha. Coming from jap car this conti aircon like cmi always have to put damn low temperature especially when outside temperature is low like rainy day.

Actually i dont know why they cannot allow us to set always recirculate, all my previous cars will remember the setting even when turning off engine and turning on, its a must especially in city driving like Singapore always can smell exhaust fumes when we use outside air

Europe got fresh air, so its better to off circulation hehe

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Mrrayded said:

Yes it's so cold my wife shuts the vents on the passenger side.

(edited)
1 hour ago, badlammy said:

Yes it's so cold my wife shuts the vents on the passenger side.

Your wife will be very please with the new 2021 vrs with massage chair option.

But stupid enough, every option need to go LTA.

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement