A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

11 hours ago, ToMiKe said:

Very happy to join the Skoda family today. Been eyeing one for ard 2 years and finally time was ripe. This forum no doubt provided lotsa insights in my decision making, many thanks!

Anyone can advise where can I get under bonnet insulation? Which stockist?

Xinzhong auto parts. Send them chassis# for quote.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Sometime I am just wondering if MCF and Skoda owners who contributed in this thread deserves some form of recognition or even commission from SCS? In many cases, this forum and owner's feedback have help them to close more deals, isn't it? Any chance SCS need a spoke person / ambassador for Skoda too? :D

@kobayashiGT you wanna to get the sgcarmart team to check out with SCS? [:p]

And since the Skoda community have grown steadily over the past 2 - 3 years, it is time for SCS to seriously consider bringing in the Superb Combi (I personally quite like the Scout variant) and VRS Combi. If the previous half past six AD can move Superb Combi and VRS Combi here (and there was even a wait list at time), I don't see any reason why SCS can't.

skoda_superb_scout_31_03d8030310fd0b84.j

skoda_superb_scout_5_080302d510d00b84.jp

skoda_octavia_rs_combi_87_02f500001aa113

skoda_octavia_rs_combi_304_01a601bb19d31

• Praise 12
  • Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
16 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Sometime I am just wondering if MCF and Skoda owners who contributed in this thread deserves some form of recognition or even commission from SCS? In many cases, this forum and owner's feedback have help them to close more deals, isn't it? Any chance SCS need a spoke person / ambassador for Skoda too? :D

And since the Skoda community have grown steadily over the past 2 - 3 years, it is time for SCS to seriously consider bringing in the Superb Combi (I personally quite like the Scout variant) and VRS Combi. If the previous half past six AD can move Superb Combi and VRS Combi here (and there was even a wait list at time), I don't see any reason why SCS can't.

Haha. I don't mind asking one for myself! 🤣

• Haha! 3

21 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

the LTA Homgation is 1reason

This means if it comes in 16" vs 18" rims, the emission rating may shift from B to C.

Also every single change, with sunroof and without also need to homologate.

Then there is the stock spare parts. Lately not so much an issue as Shenkar now ship over from Malaysia. 

So as long as Malaysia cars have skoda, should be easier to introduce the variant.

Then of course there is the painful memory of all those passat that was variant and was stuck. There can only be so many units of management car that gets sold to Daswelt or breakdown service assistant car .

So unless its like a fixed number like tea, coffee, coke or pepsi.

sinacol and kickapoo will be slow to move ...

Edited by Sdf4786k

2 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

the LTA Homgation is 1reason

This means if it comes in 16" vs 18" rims, the emission rating may shift from B to C.

Also every single change, with sunroof and without also need to homologate.

Then there is the stock spare parts. Lately not so much an issue as Shenkar now ship over from Malaysia. 

So as long as Malaysia cars have skoda, should be easier to introduce the variant.

Then of course there is the painful memory of all those passat that was variant and was stuck. There can only be so many units of management car that gets sold to Daswelt or breakdown service assistant car .

So unless its like a fixed number like tea, coffee, coke or pepsi.

sinacol and kickapoo will be slow to move ...

Passat variant got stuck, meaning nobody buys?

Are there Skodas in Malaysia?

Edited by Lotr

7 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

No skoda in malaysia only brunei have

Yup... tats why noticed that Malaysia launched the Tiguan Allspace recently which otherwise would be a direct competitor for the Kodiaq...

• Praise 2

17 hours ago, Shouyi said:

Still waiting for this...:)

Hopefully in 1.4 or 1.5 TSI guise.

Skoda-Scala-2019-1024-03.jpg

Skoda-Scala-2019-1024-28.jpg

Heard from some that it’s not as smooth as the rapid n rapid is 120bhp 😂 

9 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

No skoda in malaysia only brunei have

Skoda in MY pulled out donkey years ago, at the start of the millenium with the likes of Opel, iirc.

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Fat_slayer said:

Yup... tats why noticed that Malaysia launched the Tiguan Allspace recently which otherwise would be a direct competitor for the Kodiaq...

VW Malaysia launching several models recently - passat, arteon, Tiguan Allspace.

CKD versions, I think

• Praise 2

On 9/24/2020 at 4:15 PM, Carbon82 said:

Actually I came across this

https://www.skoda.com.sg/ownership/referral

Has anyone here tried referring someone to SCS and closed the deal? My understanding is must fill in this online form before signing the order. 

↡ Advertisement