A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

15 minutes ago, emman said:

@Shouyi your favourite type of news1075666034_Screenshot2021-02-25at12_19_19PM.thumb.png.39963495b5a82165fd0063a70a81543f.png

Thanks for sharing. I think the website still under development as the page contains info pertaining to the Octavia. I do not expect the Ambition model that we are getting to get the glass roof, full LED headlights and the 18" Vega Aero rims depicted in the photo.  

• Praise 3

Is the AD workshop technician knowledge too.

Every issue need to check with their factory n reply is like that

Have they really check or simply this is their standard reply.

Outside technician dare to commit the problem but is the warranty issue faced.

Therefore nowadays I buy resale unit and run everywhere to service when a need call for.  

3 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

no ley, i went with 2 contis and then i went back. reliability for me still wins the day.

as I say "

"all I can say is, once you own a conti you will not look back to jap or Korean unless there is so huge a delta cost that you want to go back to the safe and humdrum world of motoring ."

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Shouyi said:

Thanks for sharing. I think the website still under development as the page contains info pertaining to the Octavia. I do not expect the Ambition model that we are getting to get the glass roof, full LED headlights and the 18" Vega Aero rims depicted in the photo.  

they should have just specs it with 14 to 16inch steel rims with hub caps and let the mod journey for 17 or 18 inch folks buy what they like

13 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

as I say "

"all I can say is, once you own a conti you will not look back to jap or Korean unless there is so huge a delta cost that you want to go back to the safe and humdrum world of motoring ."

What nonsense is this .... I went to conti twice and came back to jdm  .... will i go back conti .... sure one day ... 

I know of one New skoda DSG gb leak oil in within 1.5yrs ... Some ppl just dun wana deal with certain conti reliability for their daily. Another brand new Seat megatronics had to be replaced after 8 months. I know some of these ppl shift to camry/harrier happily for years after. Nothing to do with costs as their jdm are similar depreciation.

On the flip side ... i also know of ppl facing GB issues with their Hyundai i30 Turbo .... Many of them still keeping quiet. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

More likely on the Style trim that I guess is also coming together 

5 hours ago, Shouyi said:

54 minutes ago, emman said:

More likely on the Style trim that I guess is also coming together 

From LTA website, looks like only Ambition trim is coming. The Rapid, predecessor of the Scala, was also only in 1.4 Ambition trim before it was phased out. I only hope powered tailgate can be included.

25 minutes ago, Shouyi said:

From LTA website, looks like only Ambition trim is coming. The Rapid, predecessor of the Scala, was also only in 1.4 Ambition trim before it was phased out. I only hope powered tailgate can be included.

More happy news from the draft website 🙂Screenshot_20210225-193545.thumb.jpg.1d1a75f02f7351d5ba1d23acf8d66a11.jpg

On 2/24/2021 at 1:42 PM, TangoCharlie said:

Very good fc. Is your ride fully stock?

Yup. I think mainly due to highway drive, petrol 98 also helps. 

20210225_193641.jpg

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Shouyi said:

I think the draft website (www.skoda.com.sg/scala) no more. It redirects me to the superb.

Nothing is ever truly gone in the internet. www.skoda.com.sg/scala-draft

On 2/21/2021 at 9:45 PM, Biglittlebean said:

Ha... I was looking at the 1.8l passat originally as there was a clearance sale. Pretty good price I must say. Kind of had cold feet after receiving feedback about the gearbox from friends who used to drive Touran and Jetta.Of course, was also won over by a good deal for Superb Ambition. On looking back, should have gone for L&K model. 

How much you got it for?

45 minutes ago, Biglittlebean said:

Got it during the black friday sale. Good deal cos I got a good trade in price for my previous car. 

Good for those who has a plan to switch out during those too good to resist deals . Not so good for those who feels the price can come down further n miss the boat 

• Haha! 2

On 2/25/2021 at 2:20 PM, XsenseX said:

What nonsense is this .... I went to conti twice and came back to jdm  .... will i go back conti .... sure one day ... 

I know of one New skoda DSG gb leak oil in within 1.5yrs ... Some ppl just dun wana deal with certain conti reliability for their daily. Another brand new Seat megatronics had to be replaced after 8 months. I know some of these ppl shift to camry/harrier happily for years after. Nothing to do with costs as their jdm are similar depreciation.

On the flip side ... i also know of ppl facing GB issues with their Hyundai i30 Turbo .... Many of them still keeping quiet. 

all car brands have own issue, of course 90% of owner will keep quiet, as nobody will bad mouth own ride.. else jeopardize his/her  reputation and vehicles sales value... 

that is why just take it as pinch of salt.. 

We are here to be happy.. 

Edited by Contipro
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1