A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

2 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

Good for those who has a plan to switch out during those too good to resist deals . Not so good for those who feels the price can come down further n miss the boat 

Yea. Was anticipating that COE prices would be going up this year and not coming down anytime soon, so was telling myself that I would commit if can find a good deal. TBH, first choice was Passat actually, and I went there to look at the FL Passat. Happened to walk over to Skoda side and was served by a polite and humble SE that left a very good impression and I was quite impressed with the Superb as well, although Passat did still have a very slight edge in terms of sound insulation and quality of interior. 

Went back home and my first choice after the visit was the Passat. Started the negotiation with the SE, but I felt he was insincere and trying to play games. No point continuing the negotiation and I told him that I would move on. Started my negotiation with the Skoda SE and he was sincere in reaching a deal. Signed after 2 days of discussion at a good price with good trade in.  Collected the car within a month and was thankful that I signed before the COE shot up by 9k. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

On 2/25/2021 at 2:00 PM, Sdf4786k said:

as I say "

"all I can say is, once you own a conti you will not look back to jap or Korean unless there is so huge a delta cost that you want to go back to the safe and humdrum world of motoring ."

I have been to and fro a few cycles already, all bread and butter rides though. Latest being a Steppie from previous gen B180. My latest Steppie has no parallel among conti rides yet, there is no conti full size 7-seater MPV with tonnes of interior space that has 1.5L turbo engine that has century sprint of 8.2s and yet real-life FC of 11km/L to 12km/L while I drive aggressively with heavy right foot. And reliable also being a Honda. Not boring for sure haha.

2 hours ago, Heartlander said:

I have been to and fro a few cycles already, all bread and butter rides though. Latest being a Steppie from previous gen B180. My latest Steppie has no parallel among conti rides yet, there is no conti full size 7-seater MPV with tonnes of interior space that has 1.5L turbo engine that has century sprint of 8.2s and yet real-life FC of 11km/L to 12km/L while I drive aggressively with heavy right foot. And reliable also being a Honda. Not boring for sure haha.

What’s a steppie? Honda Stepwagon? If yes then how’s the ride? 

Neutral Newbie

Dear Existing owners of Skoda, seeking to hear your opinions.

Currently driving a Audi A4 and I am considering to switch car. Decision between Skoda Ambition vs Octavia model for my next car. I understand they belong to different engine CC class.

can share what should I be considering when making the switch?

(in fact, I was thinking of I am to choose Ambition, shouldn’t I just opt for the Superb variant with better horsepower?)

28 minutes ago, Wenlinz said:

Currently driving a Audi A4 and I am considering to switch car. Decision between Skoda Ambition vs Octavia model for my next car. I understand they belong to different engine CC class.

(in fact, I was thinking of I am to choose Ambition, shouldn’t I just opt for the Superb variant with better horsepower?)

So you are looking at Octavia or Superb? They are different cars. Octavia got ambition, ambition plus and VRS as variants and Superb got ambition and L&K only. 

• Praise 1

37 minutes ago, Wenlinz said:

A4 then should go for Superb

Neutral Newbie
58 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

So you are looking at Octavia or Superb? They are different cars. Octavia got ambition, ambition plus and VRS as variants and Superb got ambition and L&K only. 

What can I get for a humble budget of ~~s$130k +\- ?

5 minutes ago, Wenlinz said:

What can I get for a humble budget of ~~s$130k +\- ?

Heard Octavia is having a new model soon. $130k I think not enough for Superb. We got a Skoda SE here, maybe he can advise you more. @AriesGoat

Edited by Daniu82
  • Praise 2

4 hours ago, Wenlinz said:

Maybe can share your criteria for choosing your new car? In terms of sizing and interior quality, there's difference for sure. If you are looking a r something similar to A4, Superb will be a better choice. Go for L&K if you can. 

• Praise 2

Having driven different cars in all my years, I have tried cars with good FC like Prius, and not so good FC like Latio and Civic, but never have I ever cross 1k mileage with one tank of fuel. Well, just did that with the Superb with 170km more to spare. Most importantly, this was done in normal road conditions with all the peak hour traffic included, and air con running at all times. The main thing that made the difference would be the eco mode. Going to pump petrol for the first time in almost 4 weeks tomorrow. 

IMG_20210228_200527.jpg

IMG_20210228_200537.jpg

• Praise 4

31 minutes ago, Biglittlebean said:

Having driven different cars in all my years, I have tried cars with good FC like Prius, and not so good FC like Latio and Civic, but never have I ever cross 1k mileage with one tank of fuel. Well, just did that with the Superb with 170km more to spare. Most importantly, this was done in normal road conditions with all the peak hour traffic included, and air con running at all times. The main thing that made the difference would be the eco mode. Going to pump petrol for the first time in almost 4 weeks tomorrow. 

no offence. But if u are driving the same way when u are driving a prius, I'm sure that the difference in terms of FC is significant.

The current Prius EPA rating is 56 mpg combined. A current 2.0L VW Passat is 27-28 mpg. That's ... double...
Cylinder decativation, newer GB ... maybe +few mpg difference at best.

I could easily get 20-22km/L driving in australia for a camry 2.5L hybrid. A Prius will trounce that figure handily.

It's just a perception thing. A prius only has a 43L tank. The Superb has a 66L tank.

I have 2 cars, strictly speaking my elantra has a better FC. But I top up petrol every 1-1.5 weeks, where as my wife tops up every 1.5-2 weeks. Even though my mileage per week may exceed her by 100% or more. Cos one is a 50L tank and one is a 70L tank...

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 5

6 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

no offence. But if u are driving the same way when u are driving a prius, I'm sure that the difference in terms of FC is significant.

The current Prius EPA rating is 56 mpg combined. A current 2.0L VW Passat is 27-28 mpg. That's ... double...
Cylinder decativation, newer GB ... maybe +few mpg difference at best.

I could easily get 20-22km/L driving in australia for a camry 2.5L hybrid. A Prius will trounce that figure handily.

Definitely. Perhaps I wasn't clear in my earlier post. Prius definitely was between 20 to 25km/l when I was driving it, but perhaps due to the size of the petrol tank, will need to top up at the 750km to 850km mark. 

In terms of FC, so far Prius delivers the best results. In case of driving pick up, Superb is definitely better. 

33 minutes ago, Biglittlebean said:

IMG_20210228_200527.jpg

IMG_20210228_200537.jpg

That is remarkable.

From your data, looks like you pumped more than 60L of fuel, which is also remarkable. 🙂  Didn't know the tank size is so big. 

Cannot do much during peak hours. I travel one way around 35km, with high way around 30km. The other 5m will take half of my travel time. Nothing that I can do, waiting traffic light after traffic light. 

Edited by minion

4 minutes ago, Biglittlebean said:

Definitely. Perhaps I wasn't clear in my earlier post. Prius definitely was between 20 to 25km/l when I was driving it, but perhaps due to the size of the petrol tank, will need to top up at the 750km to 850km mark. 

In terms of FC, so far Prius delivers the best results. In case of driving pick up, Superb is definitely better. 

just enjoy your car! Yes going to petrol station less often saves time. That's the beauty of an executive sedan. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

12 minutes ago, minion said:

That is remarkable.

From your data, looks like you pumped more than 60L of fuel, which is also remarkable. 🙂  Didn't know the tank size is so big. 

Cannot do much during peak hours. I travel one way around 35km, with high way around 30km. The other 5m will take half of my travel time. Nothing that I can do, waiting traffic light after traffic light. 

I have no idea how the data works too. Will be going to top up my fuel tomorrow at my workplace. Let's see how much I can top up. Sigh. Should have topped up before the budget announcement. 

1 hour ago, Biglittlebean said:

IMG_20210228_200527.jpg

IMG_20210228_200537.jpg

What is the fuel tank size?

↡ Advertisement