A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

37 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Almost wanted to type hybrid not included. Hahahaha 

Sat on one PHV driven by aunty.. cannot feel the power.. comfort i find not as Superb..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

2 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

Sat on one PHV driven by aunty.. cannot feel the power.. comfort i find not as Superb..

bro, who is behind the wheel again??? 😬

• Haha! 3

On 10/5/2021 at 11:39 PM, Carbon82 said:

Sketch of the 2023 Superb released by Skoda. The side profile of both the sedan and combi / estate looks good! [flowerface] 

2023-skoda-superb-official-renderings.jp

Skoda’s exterior designer Petr Matusinec has talked about Skoda’s design elements to Car Design News. He presented the signature design elements that will likely apply to the next-gen Superb. Meeting the new ‘Skoda Design Criteria,’ the 2023 Skoda Superb should feature a powerdome, a new octagonal grille with taller struts, and narrower and wider headlamps connected to the radiator grille. At the rear, the new taillights would be slimmer C-shaped units, and the Superb will retain its stately character in the future.

Let’s hope they don’t screw this up again by offering the ea888.3B engine again

7 hours ago, Daniu82 said:

Camry has always be named the uncle car. Not sure if the new 2.5L turbo hybrid still the same feel or not. 

The new mazda6 with rear wheel electric turbo charger is slated to be launch first qtr of 2022.. 

should be a fun family miata if they do it right

• Praise 3

23 hours ago, Hamburger said:

To appreciate the superb, go drive the camry. 

I went to test drive the ES250. Now I love my A6 even more.....lol

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

On 10/15/2021 at 5:36 PM, Sdf4786k said:

Let’s hope they don’t screw this up again by offering the ea888.3B engine again

What's wrong with this engine?

3 hours ago, Acegab said:

What's wrong with this engine?

If you are ok with driving it n doing nothing after the warranty than it’s perfect.. but if you want to unleash the kreken after the warranty, you basically are wasting your moolah 

there is no “add on” future enhancement for it

Edited by Sdf4786k

My 3rd year (end) servicing of my Skoda Rapid coming up,

No more free servicing. It should be a major service.

Any ballpark figure for the cost at agent vs outside workshop?

Where do you all normally get your cars serviced outside?

Thanks.

Edited by ThinkingofSkoda

Good afternoon,

Newbie here. I was considering between a second-hand Stinger and a new Superb L&K. I intend to use it to ferry my kids to/from school and go north for a family road trip (4 pax). Does anyone have advice for me which car I can go for? My wife and I are about 1.65m. Any advice/comments is most appreciated. Thank you!

If Skoda at Leng Kee, are there any recommended Sales Executive there? Thank you.

Regards,

MS

• Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, Midnight_Steed said:

Good afternoon,

Newbie here. I was considering between a second-hand Stinger and a new Superb L&K. I intend to use it to ferry my kids to/from school and go north for a family road trip (4 pax). Does anyone have advice for me which car I can go for? My wife and I are about 1.65m. Any advice/comments is most appreciated. Thank you!

If Skoda at Leng Kee, are there any recommended Sales Executive there? Thank you.

Regards,

MS

I would suggest trying both cars to get a feel of what they offer before making further decisions. 

I not not just referring to performance and handling but something as basic as the comfort level of the seats, how the doors and boot open, usefulness of storage space and other features. 

You may look for @AriesGoat for more information on the Superb L&K. 

• Praise 6

@Carbon82 Thank you Carbon82! The new Stinger is so pricey and I feel paiseh trying a car which I know I won't buy first- hand. There is a current 2nd-hand 2L Stinger at Republic Auto but I don't think they allow people to do test drives right?

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=1028070&DL=1213

Thank you for the reference to @AriesGoat. I will PM him on the L&K!

Does anyone here 'zhng' their Superb? E.g. lower the body, wrap/spray paint to after-market colours, change air filter etc. It doesn't have a Uncle Camry look but it is not exactly Stinger kind of look either right?

Regards,

MS

22 minutes ago, Midnight_Steed said:

@Carbon82 Thank you Carbon82! The new Stinger is so pricey and I feel paiseh trying a car which I know I won't buy first- hand. There is a current 2nd-hand 2L Stinger at Republic Auto but I don't think they allow people to do test drives right?

Does anyone here 'zhng' their Superb? E.g. lower the body, wrap/spray paint to after-market colours, change air filter etc. It doesn't have a Uncle Camry look but it is not exactly Stinger kind of look either right?

Regards,

MS

You can definitely request for a test drive at republic auto

13 minutes ago, Midnight_Steed said:

Regards,

MS

Nothing to be paisei about, just go and visit both showrooms which are almost side by side at Leng Kee to try them out. Buying a car without testing or at least sitting in it to feel what it can offer is never a good idea, as technical specifications does not provide you the full picture of what you are getting. 

And as long as you are ready to pay, you can zhng your car all you like. We have one in-house expert in zhnging Skoda (his is the Octavia VRS, with raw power matching that of Kia Stinger, but at fraction of the cost).

• Praise 6

With year end promos lining up maybe the new facelifted stinger might have some sales? Hope someone can share info if they had enquired. 

↡ Advertisement