A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

Nice. Enjoying the diesel engine and diesel prices too! But definitely doesn't feel or sound as solid as the octavia.

Edited by Try_conti

Nice. Enjoying the diesel engine and diesel prices too! But definitely doesn't feel or sound as solid as the octavia.

I think we all missed our A4 Tour  [smallcry] Even my wife had such fond memories 

Such a supremely under-rated car 

• Praise 4

ah... good old Skoda. Wish them all the best.

Have some of the best driving times with the Octavia for 10 years.

Yeah.. those were the C&G days... Cheap and Good.

Probably no DSG , no Turbo just pure driving fun.

Reliable as well.

I miss my 3T Superb 2.0TSI too, the one and only Magnetic Brown Metallic in Singapore... Photos taken on it 4th Birthday, and it still look like new when I handed it to the dealer a few months later.  [nod]

rR2v16H.jpg

kpTZhoM.jpg

5OVJHju.jpg

wyzvPm4.jpg

22Gwt0c.jpg

SheQcrZ.jpg

• Praise 17

Carbon82, what a beauty. I aim one of these for a short term ride. Plenty of cheap 1.8T around but afraid of the 7 speed (D)on’t(S)hift(G)ear.

What is your ride after this Superb? Bet dealer must have taken in cheaply

• Praise 2

I think we all missed our A4 Tour [smallcry] Even my wife had such fond memories

Such a supremely under-rated car

I certainly hope with VW Singapore taking over the Skoda dealership, it will enjoy success in Singapore though I am also hoping it will not end up being scope up by taxi companies and pirate hire companies !
  • Praise 1

I miss my 3T Superb 2.0TSI too, the one and only Magnetic Brown Metallic in Singapore... Photos taken on it 4th Birthday, and it still look like new when I handed it to the dealer a few months later.  [nod]

rR2v16H.jpg

kpTZhoM.jpg

5OVJHju.jpg

wyzvPm4.jpg

22Gwt0c.jpg

SheQcrZ.jpg

Nice car but why sell it? 

Carbon82, what a beauty. I aim one of these for a short term ride. Plenty of cheap 1.8T around but afraid of the 7 speed (D)on’t(S)hift(G)ear.

What is your ride after this Superb? Bet dealer must have taken in cheaply

Yes, it is a nice car to begin with, and also I took time to wash the car myself throughout the 4+ yrs of ownership.

The DSG issue on 1.8TSI unit is for real. An ex-colleague of mine have his gearbox change 2 time (within 100K Km) and problem is not 100% solved. But as he really love the ride, he continue to make do with it till now (coming to 9 yr old).

I am quite lucky, as AD took in my car at $77K (~5.5 years left) and the 2nd hand dealer manage to get it sold within a short 2 weeks time frame, at ~$82K±, probably because there are only about 30+ 2.0TSI on our road, and at the same time demand for it is quite strong. Here were the photos posted by the dealer. Everything just like new!

617942_1b.jpg617942_2b.jpg617942_3b.jpg617942_4b.jpg617942_5b.jpg617942_6b.jpg617942_7b.jpg617942_8b.jpg

One of my current colleague when he learnt that I have bought a new car, ask me if he can take over my car, but too late... He ended up with a Mk II Octavia (1.6 NA). [:)]

I bought the Facelift VW Sharan 2.0TSI, a natural progression I guess, since it come with a newer 2.0 TC engine with 10% more horsepower (220ps) and 25% more torque (350Nm), and the very same 6 speed DSG with Wet Clutch.

2pooe3m.jpg2v9ssix.jpg2eb5wep.jpg2woio83.jpg

If you have time, do run through the write up I have posted in the Sharan thread, comparing it with my Superb. A little lengthy though. [:p]

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2668580-volkswagen-sharan/?p=6029685

Nice car but why sell it? 

The 1 and only reason: I need more space for fetching my family and parents, especially since my dad is wheelchair bound then.

• Praise 8

"One of my current colleague when he learnt that I have bought a new car, ask me if he can take over my car, but too late... He ended up with a Mk II Octavia (1.6 NA). [:)]"

The 1.6NA octy was quite fun to drive. The MK II has a newer engine compared to my MK I. Very stable at high speed.

(edited)

Skoda Kamiq (China Domestic Model).

skoda-kamiq-1.jpgskoda-kamiq-5.jpgskoda-kamiq-3.jpgskoda-kamiq-4.jpgskoda-kamiq-2.jpgimagegallery-50993-5a5f21e174297.jpg

According to China's Autohome and Auto163, at 4,390mm (173in) long, 1,781mm (70in) wide, and 1,593mm (63in) tall, riding on a 2,610mm (103in) long wheelbase, the new crossover is positioned under the Chinese Karoq, which is a bit larger than the European model. 

The former spans at 4,432mm (174in) long, 1,841mm (72in) wide, and 1,614mm (64in) tall, with a 2,688mm (106in) wheelbase, whereas the Karoq sold in Europe has 4,382mm (172.5in) from bumper to bumper, is 1,841mm (72in) wide, and 1,603mm (63in) from roof to ground. 

Visually, the new Skoda Kamiq looks pretty much like the Karoq, bar the modified headlights and tail lamps, tweaked bumpers on both ends, and new tailgate. No images of the interior have been released at the time of writing. 

Power is said to come from a 1.5-liter naturally aspirated petrol engine that develops 110 horsepower. 

The new Skoda Kamiq will reportedly be assembled locally by the Shanghai Volkswagen joint venture, and it's expected to go on sale in the People's Republic in June, with a starting price of approximately 90,000 Yuan, or $13,975 at today's exchange rates. 
Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 5

rR2v16H.jpg

kpTZhoM.jpg

5OVJHju.jpg

wyzvPm4.jpg

22Gwt0c.jpg

SheQcrZ.jpg

the color is nice.

Any problem with the twin boot gate during your ownership experience?

↡ Advertisement