VES 2018

Fuelsaver

Twincharged
(edited)

If bread and butter cars especially Japanese cannot be sold due to emissions, then coe prices will plummet. They found out the hard way in 2007 with commercial coe. Now they are 'wiser'. Well yet another cock up by our dear scholars at LTA. Their incompetency knows no bounds. Forever having a screw up after a screw up.

Forever having policies without through analysis. I feel sad my tax dollars are wasted having to buy and operate a dyno for the silly 130bhp policy which did nothing to the prices of Cat A and B.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 5

Two steps forward and one step back.

Or is it advancing at all?

What type of half bake policy is this?

Might as well stick with the current system.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Two steps forward and one step back.

Or is it advancing at all?

What type of half bake policy is this?

Might as well stick with the current system.

Like I said above screw up again lor. I wonder if anyone gets fired for this? But I guess not, else there would be no one else in LTA.

Maybe they will also further clarify that the emissions might not be applicable to catA since small cc and small power, how much pollutants can they generate anyway? Hahah

VW is a B&B. :-)

Yes VW is just like a Toyota in Germany. It is only in Singapore and some Asian countries that make it look like some premium brand.

You can also add that the perceived reliability is lesser than Toyota

(edited)

It follows a local Chinese media article on this issue earlier this week.

Key points to note from the article:

i) Implementation of Euro 6 emission standards will happen on Sep 2017 as was announced by NEA in 2014. Cars registered after on or after Sep 2017 must meet Euro 6 emission standard.

ii) Car dealer are worried as they have existing stock on hand which may not meet the Euro 6 standard. And they are worried come Sep 2017, there may not be enough Euro 6 compliant stock to satisfy demand and may affect COE prices.

iii) A few parallel importers recently sent a batch of cars for testing and it is understood models such as Toyota Estima and Dyna failed the emission test. If they cannot meet the actual emission test, it is highly likely they cannot be registered in Singapore.

iv) A Mr Huang (rep from Kah Motor) was quoted as saying the Honda Mobilio does not meet the Euro 6 standard, Kah Motor has stopped importing this model. A check on sgcarmart.com.sg shows this is true (http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=11652) as the Mobilio is unavailable since Apr 2017. In my opinion, I find that this is a pity as the Mobilio is a seven seater and was first showcased in Singapore Motor Show 2015 and it is a pity in just 2 years, it has disappeared from our local motoring scene.

v) Various car distributors are trying their very best to clear existing stock (non Euro 6 compliant)

Report on Euro VI.jpg

Not only Mobilio, just did a quick scan on Honda, Nissan and Toyota... City, Juke and Vios all no longer available from 2017 onwards.

Haven't checked others.

All because of the same reason?

Edited by Leo22

Supersonic

so LTA core objective is to protect dealers?

Read further into it.

It is to protect their coe revenue. If dealers got no cars that meet the criteria, who will bid for COE? 

This happened before when the EURO 5 standards for goods vehicles was implemented.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Since Singaporeans are so rich, heck with B&B.

Everyone should drive at least VW.

Eh...what's wrong w VW? I love mine ok?

Not only Mobilio, just did a quick scan on Honda, Nissan and Toyota... City, Juke and Vios all no longer available from 2017 onwards.

Haven't checked others.

All because of the same reason?

City, Vios, Mobilo, etc r cars made for 3rd world ASEAN markets. Simi got Euro standards n all?

Eh...what's wrong w VW? I love mine ok?

City, Vios, Mobilo, etc r cars made for 3rd world ASEAN markets. Simi got Euro standards n all?

Surprise that City is inside. Not sure other emission lah, but based on CO2 alone it qualified for the $5k rebate from the old scheme.

so LTA core objective is to protect dealers?

Please lah for garmen to protect anyone else's interest other than itself?

LTA sole objective is to ensure COE premium doesn't crash! 

If suddenly Jipun car dealers do not bid for COE and not enough Ang Moh cars stock to take up the slack, COE will drop to $1.  Everyone will renew their old cars at $1 for next 10 years.

LTA staff can eat grass then.

• Praise 4

(edited)

DAFYFF7UMAASKkT.jpg

Golden question: will COE drop as they don't have to clear stock on smelly sushi??

Edited by Vidz

DAFYFF7UMAASKkT.jpg

That's why phonetics is important, not just spelling, tone mark is also needed.

Lemme try my half bucket...

Koang3 koang2 kong4 kong1 kong4 kong3 koang3 koang2

Supersonic

Please lah for garmen to protect anyone else's interest other than itself?

LTA sole objective is to ensure COE premium doesn't crash!

If suddenly Jipun car dealers do not bid for COE and not enough Ang Moh cars stock to take up the slack, COE will drop to $1. Everyone will renew their old cars at $1 for next 10 years.

LTA staff can eat grass then.

Too true. Even if COE $100k, they will still tell u "see, demand outstrips supply"
↡ Advertisement