VES 2018

Fuelsaver

Kaya and butter toast vs French loaves... Ai jia simi ah?

ð

French loaf set must top up 20ct hor
↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Most of the forumer here know I am far from being a businessman, but let me put it In business terms.

Catch Sinkies = PROFIT Centre

Catch Malaysian = COST Centre

:D

Once we start to see the light, we will have less anguish an maybe a step forward towards Singapore motoring nirvana.

Got nothing against doing good for the environment.

When I bought an Euro 5 diesel, the scholars were making it sound like it was a good thing as it's clean & green but suddenly now can juz flip Prata say no good. Knn, can liddat one ah?

And show us sincerity by catching the real culprits oredi out there passing in front of the kastam's eyes every hour instead of taking the easy way out n penalise locals further who oredi hv Euro 5 & 6 compliant cars. Can't blame us if we say this reeks of revenue.

Just saying.

• Praise 3

Got nothing against doing good for the environment.

When I bought an Euro 5 diesel, the scholars were making it sound like it was a good thing as it's clean & green but suddenly now can juz flip Prata say no good. Knn, can liddat one ah?

And show us sincerity by catching the real culprits oredi out there passing in front of the kastam's eyes every hour instead of taking the easy way out n penalise locals further who oredi hv Euro 5 & 6 compliant cars. Can't blame us if we say this reeks of revenue.

Just saying.

Those jiu hu Honda cub exhaust are the real toxic ones, you smell already can cough like TB patient. Yet garment think it is ok. Like I mention in my previous post, they rather catch low hanging fruit such as diesel car owners who use their cars only to get to and fro their office.

And I would dare say if you are private owner of diesel car, you would be less inclined to use those low grade white pumps at industrial estates as you would risk screwing your euro diesel engine. While those PA bus and can simply bochap because they don't own the vehicles.

• Praise 3

After LTA clarified, the car listed surcharges and rebate may vary?

Guess the nissan qashqai wont be hit with 20k surcharge... ridiculous in the 1st place
  • Praise 2

Supersonic
(edited)

Those jiu hu Honda cub exhaust are the real toxic ones, you smell already can cough like TB patient. Yet garment think it is ok. Like I mention in my previous post, they rather catch low hanging fruit such as diesel car owners who use their cars only to get to and fro their office.

And I would dare say if you are private owner of diesel car, you would be less inclined to use those low grade white pumps at industrial estates as you would risk screwing your euro diesel engine. While those PA bus and can simply bochap because they don't own the vehicles.

Yalor. Euro 5 diesel owner wanna pump at Cnergy at Toh Tuck oredi hv to think so hard tho all diesel sold in SG is Euro 5. Yet we are penalised for 'polluting'?

And those blardy Euro minus 5 Proton, motosikal, bas, lori exempted?

Even pollutive COE car and commercial vehicles exempted

In essence, LTA is penalising the cleanest instead of the other way round. Got logic meh?

Edited by Soya
  • Praise 1

Yalor. Euro 5 diesel owner wanna pump at Cnergy at Toh Tuck oredi hv to think so hard tho all diesel sold in SG is Euro 5. Yet we are penalised for 'polluting'?

In essence, LTA is penalising the cleanest instead of the other way round. Got logic meh?

The scholar brain is hard to understand. Scholar will tell peasant "my thoughts are not your thoughts and my ways are not your ways".

(edited)

In this unique country, $$$ is logic!

Whatever sheet they implement, only has one common objective.

They do it until so 'chut bing' even the blinds can see very clearly what they are after! ^_^

Edited by Aaronlkl

(edited)

when the table says Neutral... meaning? like Prius... +30,000???? all Prius price increase by $30K....

Edited by Atomicman
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

when the table says Neutral... meaning? like Prius... +30,000???? all Prius price increase by $30K....

Yep. When the smartest guy in school cannot even pass the exam, u know something is wrong wif the paper.....

Supersonic

Yep. When the smartest guy in school cannot even pass the exam, u know something is wrong wif the paper.....

How can something be wrong? Looking at the chart, all the subsidy becomes surcharge.

No wrong what.

How can something be wrong? Looking at the chart, all the subsidy becomes surcharge.

No wrong what.

They are correcting what has been wrong (to them) for the past few years.

To make the table no wrong now.

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Low ARF paid due to rebates is a double whammy for LTA. 1st round collect less ARF taxes. 2nd round, since PARF is so low, many choose to renew depriving them of new ARF taxes. Also less GST and 20% customs duty.

So now smart Liao, no more rebates.

(edited)

Does this new scheme means more expensive to buy Diesel cars or increase diesel road tax?

As discussed earlier in the thread, it's basically an across the table tax increase, disguised as an environment friendly measure.

Will impact on diesel, on small capacity turbos, on hybrids etc.

Edited by Fungyee77
  • Praise 3

So makes sense to get new car before end of year right? But maybe coe will plunge?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1