VES 2018

Fuelsaver

Once when purchasing car, i told the SE i love the next FL model which is just a couple of mth later coming out. He told me that new FL would probably cost 10k more. Stupid me that i take his advise and get the preFL one.

When the new FL was out, it is same or cheaper in price instead. I Regret for life

This must be a Mazda 6 SE
↡ Advertisement

Once when purchasing car, i told the SE i love the next FL model which is just a couple of mth later coming out. He told me that new FL would probably cost 10k more. Stupid me that i take his advise and get the preFL one.

When the new FL was out, it is same or cheaper in price instead. I Regret for life

5 years (or 7 years - depending on your loan) regret only bro... Mai cry..

Because Rebate affect the cost you need to pay immediate term lor.  Exactly, rebate is, I thought, not a good things too.

Most AD add a lot of margin after rebate.  For example, the Kia Niro Hybrid, the eventual scrap value is only 2K !!!

Yet the rebate is not full pass of to buyer, but end up as extra profit for AD lor.

Need to really look at the whole picture lor.....

People seems to focus on the differences. But from having cevs to neutral, the change of 5k also translate to slightly higher scrap value. So the saving itself is smaller than what is perceived. The total quantum itself however, has literally gone up.

post-170907-0-93223100-1509181688_thumb.jpg

Because Rebate affect the cost you need to pay immediate term lor.  Exactly, rebate is, I thought, not a good things too.

Most AD add a lot of margin after rebate.  For example, the Kia Niro Hybrid, the eventual scrap value is only 2K !!!

Yet the rebate is not full pass of to buyer, but end up as extra profit for AD lor.

Need to really look at the whole picture lor.....

Let me try to paint the whole picture for you...

When a AD sells a car, they set a certain profit margin for the car.  The sell price of the car to make that margin would be dependent on the Rebate/Surcharge taxes the car is subject to.

To appreciate the whole cost picture, please see the attached table I put together for KIA Niro.  For scenario 1, all the cost figures are taken from LTA website.

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost/_jcr_content/main_par/download/file.res/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

If you look at the table, Cycle & Carriage (CC) buys the car at $27K and sets to make a profit of $29K at a sell price of $118K.  The rest (GST+Excise+ARF+Regn Tax+COE = $61.8K) goes to the Govt.

Let now assume and say that KIA does not enjoy the CEV Rebate as highlighted in Scenario 2.  Essentially, the ARF will now be $30K (up from $5K).  And CC does not earn the difference in ARF. They go to the Govt's pocket.  Now for CC to maintain the same profit margin of $29K, the sell price will now need to be set at S143K...  

Does a AD fully pass the Rebate to the customer?  Looks like it,  Take the latest price list of Mazda 2 (see attached).  The Mazda 2 under the CEV is $5K rebate.  But come 2018 under the VES, the Mazda 2 will enjoy $10K rebate.  If you look at the price list, the additional $5K rebate is passed to the customer since they subtracted it from the sell-price.    

Car Scrap value - The car scrap value is not because of the result that the AD did not pass the full rebate to the customer.  In the case of KIA Niro, the effective ARF is $5K after enjoying the CEV rebate.  As such, a $5K ARF would only entitle a $2.5K scrap value.

Hope this helps...

post-185926-0-26512700-1509185934_thumb.jpg

post-185926-0-90263000-1509187343_thumb.jpg

Er ........ look OK but hor you rank pari passu leh ...... as all things tends to be dynamic lor

If Niro 143K, if I am a potential buyer, I am better off with something else, with 143K budget, you have even more choice than a 118K budget lor.

So less buyer will continue to buy Niro, as less and less become a quota issue, C&C will have no choice but to drop price.  It will drop until demand pick up again ......... say 128K ???

So with big rebate, AD tends to eat more of the rebate and pass less back to consumer lor.  Niro is much cheaper than Prius 130K ???  That why a good opportunity for C&C.

Let me try to paint the whole picture for you...

When a AD sells a car, they set a certain profit margin for the car.  The sell price of the car to make that margin would be dependent on the Rebate/Surcharge taxes the car is subject to.

To appreciate the whole cost picture, please see the attached table I put together for KIA Niro.  For scenario 1, all the cost figures are taken from LTA website.

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost/_jcr_content/main_par/download/file.res/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

If you look at the table, Cycle & Carriage (CC) buys the car at $27K and sets to make a profit of $29K at a sell price of $118K.  The rest (GST+Excise+ARF+Regn Tax+COE = $61.8K) goes to the Govt.

Let now assume and say that KIA does not enjoy the CEV Rebate as highlighted in Scenario 2.  Essentially, the ARF will now be $30K (up from $5K).  And CC does not earn the difference in ARF. They go to the Govt's pocket.  Now for CC to maintain the same profit margin of $29K, the sell price will now need to be set at S143K...  

Does a AD fully pass the Rebate to the customer?  Looks like it,  Take the latest price list of Mazda 2 (see attached).  The Mazda 2 under the CEV is $5K rebate.  But come 2018 under the VES, the Mazda 2 will enjoy $10K rebate.  If you look at the price list, the additional $5K rebate is passed to the customer since they subtracted it from the sell-price.    

Car Scrap value - The car scrap value is not because of the result that the AD did not pass the full rebate to the customer.  In the case of KIA Niro, the effective ARF is $5K after enjoying the CEV rebate.  As such, a $5K ARF would only entitle a $2.5K scrap value.

Hope this helps...

Just FYI

Due to the impeding VES, some cars will have much higher prices, so look around, there is value, but only in certain makes, diesels and big turbo cars in particular...

What u need to know about the new VES:
The current CEVS has been extended to Dec 31, 2017. It will then be replaced by the new VES which will kick in on 1 January 2018. The new VES will apply to all new cars and cabs, as well as imported used cars. It will apply till Dec 31, 2019 and reviewed regularly by NEA.
he carbon tax will target the largest emitters of greenhouse gases, rather than individual users of electricity.
The tax serves as a price signal for industries - incentivise industries to reduce their emissions
Consultations with the public on the carbon tax will begin in March
Diesel taxes will change from lump-sum tax to usage-based tax

No need list. All cars kenna

Not really true, some cars like the Mazda 2 end up having more rebates. From the current 5k to 10k rebate.

post-29998-0-11381900-1510063613_thumb.jpg

Edited by Invigorated

Confirmed ALL Hybrid kenna ........ strange hor

Many Diesel will kenna ........... Those with small CEVS rebate may actually made it.

Normal Saloon Car size but dont know why 6000CC.  These type also kenna.

Again, mother nature will find a way.

All this discussion about CEVS rebates got me thinking...

Actually this rebate is like an elaborate legislated balloon scheme. Think about it.

For patrol cars, CO and NOX emissions are the 2 key parameters impacting the VES band.

Hybrid cars like Prius and Diesel cars does well for low CO, but impacted by the NOx emissions.

For patrol cars, CO and NOX emissions are the 2 key parameters impacting the VES band.

Hybrid cars like Prius and Diesel cars does well for low CO, but impacted by the NOx emissions.

Since Hybrid car runs on petrol, how come impacted by NOx emissions?

Neutral Newbie

The 0% growth i believe won't affect much because of the mass incoming recycled COEs for next 2 years. In fact if you break it down, one bid only about 30 less COEs. The VES might have some impact. I'll be expecting a lot of those waiting at the side lines to commit within these 2 months after reading all these news. 

Guess you were wrong.....

↡ Advertisement