VES 2018

Fuelsaver

I am trying to create a list of cars that are better off from VES in 2018 compared to CEVS of today, I only know of 2 cars and so will appreciate if other forumers add on if they know of any. I’m doing this as the authorities, distributors n even the press has not come out with an official list yet:

1) Honda Jazz 1.3l $10k VES vs $5k CEVS rebate

2) Mazda 2: $10k VES vs $5k CEVS rebate

harrier turbo +10k ves vs neutral

altis +10k ves vs neutral

Tks for the updates but actually I’m trying to compile a list of those cars that are BETTER off with VES not worse off or same cos the majority of cars will be either worse off or same under VES. Mz2 n Jazz 1.3 are 2 such cars. Any others??

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

No. Singapore is my homeland forever.

But see my post on getting a foreign wife also. Hahahahaha

Loving the country doesn’t mean you have to agree or like with the govt.

County: not equal to govt

• Praise 1

saw it. wow... did they really test it? i want to buy the prius middle of this year and the SE told me i do not need prius, but altis... 

Yes its on the new Borneo Motors price list

Edited by Sopskysalat

Tks for the updates but actually I’m trying to compile a list of those cars that are BETTER off with VES not worse off or same cos the majority of cars will be either worse off or same under VES. Mz2 n Jazz 1.3 are 2 such cars. Any others??

It is actually not too difficult to shortlist the possible models having better VES. Based on the CEVS vs. VES, looking at the CO2 only. There is only a range of those 121-125g/km cars that will have better VES (-10K) than CEVS (-5K).

See attached for the few possible cars from onemotoring. Mazda 2 sedan is in the list, Jazz 1.3 is not there as no Jazz 1.3 is sold in the OCT'17 xls.

Of course, there might be some tuning done for borderline models that may be added in future.

added: Looking at the list, I doubt there will be more cars. I read turbo cars will suffer due to other emissions.

post-194101-0-74208600-1511746620_thumb.jpg

Edited by JQ01

Heard from a SE that the VES starting 1 Jan will only take into account CO2, and NOx and PM2.5 will only kick in starting Jun next year.

Not sure how true this is because I haven't been able to find any official source on this.

Anyone can confirm ?

Singaporeans have been programmed to think for themselves, if I don't benefit then I won't let others benefit. Even if I benefit, I also won't let others benefit.

Simple.

Please keep that thot to yourself. 

Singaporean and the mass majority are a community that tries to bond together. While how we behave are shape by events and our background.

We sometimes are no wiser to get a solution and hence the perception of silo mentality. Not for self-fish reason as what you have indicated.

the bandings and rebates/surcharges for VES already set and confirmed.

the press release was in Mar 17 to give 9 months notice liao

don't think will defer for NOX and PM

but never say never

the current LTA flip policy faster than flip prata

post-7984-0-97049800-1511923039_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wt_know

Then why we hardly see any new altis when coe is 90k perod?

If there are 3k bidder but only 2k quota, how to gef $1 coe? Communicate to request 1k from the 3k bidder not to bid? Will u volunteer to be that 1k?

We see more Altis and cheap car than those more expensive car. You don't see many Accord and Camry during SKE to SKK prefix period. Because this group of buying go and buy a cheaper alternative instead.

• Praise 2

We see more Altis and cheap car than those more expensive car. You don't see many Accord and Camry during SKE to SKK prefix period. Because this group of buying go and buy a cheaper alternative instead.

very true, i observed dat as well.

Edited by I_RIDE_DEEP
  • Praise 2

yes it is true that cars registered from 1st jan 2018 to 30th jun 2018 will be exempted from PM banding, as announced by NEA in June.

meaning cars will be graded based on the other 4 pollutants in the first 6 months next year.

http://www.nea.gov.sg/corporate-functions/newsroom/news-releases/vehicular-emissions-scheme

Most of the current conti models and some Japanese and Korean makes are using the more fuel efficient direct injection system, hence, they will not be exempted from Nox and PM bands. The downside of direct injection due to its lean burning nature, more Nox is produced. Port injection is slowly being phased out by most car manufacturers as they seek to improve fuel efficiency. Most of the small capacity direct injection turbo engines below 1.4l typically emit Nox that will be above the neutral band even though they have low Co2 emissions. Guess you can't have the cake and eat it.
↡ Advertisement