VES 2018

Fuelsaver

Most of the current conti models and some Japanese and Korean makes are using the more fuel efficient direct injection system, hence, they will not be exempted from Nox and PM bands. The downside of direct injection due to its lean burning nature, more Nox is produced. Port injection is slowly being phased out by most car manufacturers as they seek to improve fuel efficiency. Most of the small capacity direct injection turbo engines below 1.4l typically emit Nox that will be above the neutral band even though they have low Co2 emissions. Guess you can't have the cake and eat it.

I meant to say the lean burning nature ofr direct injection engines, more PM is produced as the fuel is injected directly into the combustion chamber and does not have sufficient time to evaporate and mix.

↡ Advertisement

Heard from a SE that the VES starting 1 Jan will only take into account CO2, and NOx and PM2.5 will only kick in starting Jun next year.

Not sure how true this is because I haven't been able to find any official source on this.

Anyone can confirm ?

Confirmed!!!!

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/new-emissions-scheme-tighter-standards-to-curb-air-pollution-mas-8768966

Hi All

With the CEVS now going to expire in Dec 17 and replaced by VES scheme, which of the Japanese Cars qualify for this?

I don't see any Promotion based on this new Scheme.

Any insights about this?

• Praise 2

The purpose is to encourage more green cars. 

They cannot be just taking away the CEVS rebates and not give something back right?

I hope they will come out with the right scheme soon and make the Hybrid cars cheaper. CHR is coming in with BM and hope this rebates can help to soften the price. If BM sells the CHR like their Prius (@$132K....they crazy right?), then CHR will continue to be a PI thing.

LTA/NEA now on December leave?

• Praise 1

They cannot be just taking away the CEVS rebates and not give something back right?

I hope they will come out with the right scheme soon and make the Hybrid cars cheaper. CHR is coming in with BM and hope this rebates can help to soften the price. If BM sells the CHR like their Prius (@$132K....they crazy right?), then CHR will continue to be a PI thing.

No worries

It will b that price

• Praise 2

The purpose is to collect more taxes
  • Praise 4

I guess this 'tuning' means we are getting cars which have been emasculated so they get better emission numbers ..

Not so simple as customization of emission.

From what I understand, the "smart" people would need the certification level of the same exact brand and model already certified elsewhere and then review it here for homologation.

IF there is any mumbo-jumbo required, may take a longer time. And hence "special" cars like cylinder deactivation may take a longer time.

and hence the initial back and forth on Direct injection and multi port injection and come out with a scheme where win win.

Whichever is worst case registered is where the tax will be at.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

Coe premiums heading south??????

The last coe bid in Dec and the first few bids in Jan will likely imply the coe trend for next year. If it stays elevated, then it's unlikely the premiums will head too much south.

ADs and PIs will be forced to bring back more efficient models like the Toyota vios or face stronger competition from the ones that can bring in better models like the Honda fit and Mazda 2.

Exempt from PM banding till 30 June 2018? Wat does this means?? Give flexibility again to clear stocks???

all cars are supposed to be "graded" based on 5 pollutants under the new scheme but now NEA announced that for the first 6 months of 2018, only 4 pollutants are needed for the grading (without PM) to allow dealers to go for testing.

this is cause not all cars, especially PFI cars are tested with PM readings

whether coe heading north or south

last time $100K you can get a Honda Euro R with 200+ bhp

now $100K you get Honda Vezel [bounce2]

Edited by Wt_know

whether coe heading north or south

last time $100K you can get a Honda Euro R with 200+ bhp

now $100K you get Honda Vezel [bounce2]

When my COE expired somewhere in 2015, the Vezel cost $120k++

Coe premiums heading south??????

Overall car price will still be high. The only difference is expect to pay more next year than this year. More money will go to government's pocket. And when overall car price increase and coe reduce a bit, more people will renew coe, thereby reducing amount of coe for recyle. I will be one of the culprit. Edited by Ct3833

Internal Moderator

Hi All

With the CEVS now going to expire in Dec 17 and replaced by VES scheme, which of the Japanese Cars qualify for this?

I don't see any Promotion based on this new Scheme.

Any insights about this?

I have merged your thread here since it's still under discussion of the VES that is going to be implemented in 2018.

↡ Advertisement