VES 2018

Fuelsaver

Come to think of it, I also read this somewhere but then again, how come 216d get $10k VES rebate if it’s NOx? Really confusing??

post-15968-0-39592000-1515121578.png

↡ Advertisement

VES heavily penalise cars like Kia Sorento, Sportage,Lexus IS, NX, Audi A4, selected Mini coopers etc. which are imposed with $20k surcharges, while really bad pollutants cars like Ferrari, Maserati, Bentley with double the emission pollutants are paying the same surcharge of $20k.

The super rich in fact benefited under the scheme, as these cars are paying 10k less under VES as compared to CEVS with $30k surcharge.

I just cannot see how VES is sending the right message to the general public on environmental protection.

I do not think this bother them at all as long as revenue collection is not affected. The 6-month relief is to ensure COEs do not crash.

post-158018-0-36909400-1515124826_thumb.jpg

COE crashed to $10k.

I go renew my old pok car with high pollutant. :a-m1212:

[laugh]

I also renew 10 year. Dont need 10k, 20k i am happy lo.

Come to think of it, I also read this somewhere but then again, how come 216d get $10k VES rebate if it’s NOx? Really confusing??

I was thinking maybe with EU6 engine, they really manage to make wonder. 

the recent policies that these scholars created doesn't appear to stand the test of time.

look at the present. its VES. b4 that is CEV, and i think there's another scheme before CEV.

but one thing our scholar did right was to be firmed on diesel and pollution. it was later found that diesel, while being more fuel efficient, is actually causing more children to have asthma for cities which a higher proportion of diesel vehicles. 

Not sure about VES.

But today 6Jan newspaper got many car prices that are amazing cheap, relative speaking lah.

I am tempted.

With such low prices for the Jazz $81k, Civic $105k, Elantra $84k, Attrage $70k, VolvoV40 $125k, AudiA3 $132k.....

2018 is a good time to buy car!

Not sure about VES.

But today 6Jan newspaper got many car prices that are amazing cheap, relative speaking lah.

I am tempted.

With such low prices for the Jazz $81k, Civic $105k, Elantra $84k, Attrage $70k, VolvoV40 $125k, AudiA3 $132k.....

2018 is a good time to buy car!

no ad for Toyota/BM? or maybe they dont see the need to?

no ad for Toyota/BM? or maybe they dont see the need to?

Have. In Life section.

Harrier from SGD149,988

New CH-R from SGD119,988

RAV4 from SGD149,988

Fortuner from SGD169,988

Good news is that BM brings back the big SUV segment, the Fortuner.

Weird news is they are selling the RAV4 atthe same price as the Harrier. Who will buy the RAV4 since the Harrier is better equipped?

Bad news for you is Sienta has no offer.  :XD:

• Praise 2

Have. In Life section.

Harrier from SGD149,988

New CH-R from SGD119,988

RAV4 from SGD149,988

Fortuner from SGD169,988

Good news is that BM brings back the big SUV segment, the Fortuner.

Weird news is they are selling the RAV4 atthe same price as the Harrier. Who will buy the RAV4 since the Harrier is better equipped?

Bad news for you is Sienta has no offer. :XD:

thanks bro.

C-HR attractive price. agree with you that people should be going for Harrier instead of RAV4.

i got my Sienta already so point moot

thanks bro.

C-HR attractive price. agree with you that people should be going for Harrier instead of RAV4.

i got my Sienta already so point moot

What I predicted have came true.

My next prediction

These few months is the best time to buy new cars, reason

1. I predict the next qtr coe will much lesser

2. Singapore budget in Feb, usually government will come out new pattern to increase their "income"

3. The 6mth no Ves for those few models will end in june

4. This year is the last year for high coe quota, after that will start to shrink

• Praise 1

Full electric installation will be a windfall for whichever company wins the tender for the charging infrastructure... Bosch, Siemens or some Japanese company.

At least 1 million charging points in SG plus the power cables need to be upgraded as well. Not easy...

given Singapore as a city state, full electric car or alternative fuel car rollout is not difficult.

There are agendas to why govt is not rolling out in full swing.

Only they know what is holding back.

We are a nation of slow adopter in many front. Cashless society, alternative fuel etc.

This is not right...

The VES tax has taken effect, thereby reducing the COE, as prices adjust for the tax.

The way to game it is to get cars which are now neutral, or even Band A to avoid paying the tax. 
Dealers have also removed those cars which fall into a higher band from their inventory, like the Forester FXT..

åæç¨å¡ä¸æçæå æ°è½¦ä»·å°æé«

http://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singapore/story20171203-815705

Altis got a 10k surcharge ? I am surprised!

If COE soften then more people will renew COE instead, lesser replacement COE. :)

And it will contribute to bad air quality as well. The older the car, the less efficient will be engine and hence the worst the emissions. I wonder what are the scholars thinking?

Altis got a 10k surcharge ? I am surprised!

And it will contribute to bad air quality as well. The older the car, the less efficient will be engine and hence the worst the emissions. I wonder what are the scholars thinking?

Aiyahhhh.....how many x say liao bros.....Nothing to do with air! nothing to do with car....basically nothing to do with anything....

It is just about ...money, money money....nothing but money, money, money,.....as the song goes!  [nod]

↡ Advertisement