Melaka Day Trip - 16 Dec 2017

Terrylmt

Thanks for the heads up, will give it a look thru. Will be traveling there end of Nov, sorry to Terrylmt not able to join up on 16 Dec visit as I be working on that day. Hopefully could join in future trip.  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

the hotel still around but rename as Emperor Hotel.

EMPEROR%2BHOTEL%2B(1).jpg

Thanks.

Does look kinda familiar but if I was to bet on it I'd've said it was on the coast.

I'd've lost.

Funny how memory can play tricks.

thats very nice of you.

Unlikely will join for this melaka trip as i went there recently.

what is the duration of this trip?

Tentatively, if you keen, can consider joining us for Xmas and new year celebrations.

Basically, it will be a 3D2N event each.

Itinerary:

Shopping, spa/massage with our partners.

feasting, drinking.

Join us, we are very fun and loving people.

Alamak sorry now then see this. Anyway will be taking Long leave over Christmas and new year to go enjoy snow!

Sorry bros.

Due to unforeseen family commitments, I will have to withdraw from this day trip.

My sincerest apologies, and I will personally buy you a cup of kopi with kaya toast to make up for the inconvenience and disappointment.

Please PM me to arrange the above.

Apologies,

Terry

Sorry bros.

Due to unforeseen family commitments, I will have to withdraw from this day trip.

My sincerest apologies, and I will personally buy you a cup of kopi with kaya toast to make up for the inconvenience and disappointment.

Please PM me to arrange the above.

Apologies,

Terry

Hahaha don't worry la bro.

This is small small thing one.

Whenever we're free next time can arrange and go again.

• Praise 2

Hahaha don't worry la bro.

This is small small thing one.

Whenever we're free next time can arrange and go again.

Thank you for your kind understanding

Hi, any organising trips to Melaka or KL soon?

Actually sometime I find 求人不如求自己。Your nick shows you most likely a Chinese, hopefully you understand the phrase haha.

You can start by doing JB shopping day trips to bolster your confidence. Subscribe those data roaming addon under your telco which is very common nowadays, most likely costing only about $10 for 1GB for a month. Then use Google map app to do the navigation  which is very accurate. Just mount the phone on the dashboard and get your partner to guide you while you drive, very easy. Just practice some common sense while in Malaysia and you will be fine. Try to schedule servicing for your vehicle within a month from the trip and you will be safe. Get ready any emergency contacts for towing service in case car breakdown.

Then after a few trips, venture further and further out. Very easy right? But there is a short cut to this - joining driveaways organized by certain ADs such as Mazda or Honda or private entities such as AA.

I started by joining driveaway trips under Mazda where everything are taken care of for you. We move in a few convoys where every car is given a walkie talkie for comms purpose. There will be briefings before each run, with pointers given to manage the traffic which is invaluable. After a while, we realized there is actually nothing to worry about if you have common sense and do homework before each trip like route planning. And the experiences accumulated over a few trips would embolden you to start own day trips to JB before going further. The further I have embarked by myself so far is going to Midvalley last December. Really fun trip I would say, and took advantage of the sales there to save quite a bundle haha.

So good luck. It will be fun. 

Edited by Heartlander
  • Praise 3

It’s alright if the party decides to stay overnight. Neutrino do you get across the causeway very often? Thank you

First few trips I would not advise to stay overnight unless you have professional support. Else you will be constantly worrying about your car that you might even wake up middle of the night just to check that your car is still there haha.

If you join road trips organized by professional outfit, most likely part of the carpark will be cordoned off for the group with extra security guard engaged in most cases. So it will be perfectly safe. Slowly you will learn the trick if you go this path.

It’s alright if the party decides to stay overnight. Neutrino do you get across the causeway very often? Thank you

Used to do it 2 or 3 times a day when I worked in JB.

Now with the queues only go across at Tuas and then either to Malacca or Desaru or Gelang Patah for seafood , but only twice a year max

Edited by Neutrino

Used to do it 2 or 3 times a day when I worked in JB.

Hi Neutrino, I see. Am used to go over Malaysia when I was riding, with friends. Now hope to find some Kopi kakis here too. Thank you.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2