Looking for SKR 77 D (Toyota Alphard) owner

epimetheus

good for you TS!!! [thumbsup]

my ride kenna  hit and run on the side door  on Friday night as in a public CP on friday and there is no note left , worse part is my cam did capture as it's too dark.... :TT_TT:

• Praise 1

Some of the car camera reallly have problems recording the car plate number at night

my ride kenna hit and run on the side door on Friday night as in a public CP on friday and there is no note left , worse part is my cam did capture as it's too dark.... :TT_TT:

Some of the car camera reallly have problems recording the car plate number at night

my ride kenna hit and run on the side door on Friday night as in a public CP on friday and there is no note left , worse part is my cam did capture as it's too dark.... :TT_TT:

• Praise 9

Turbocharged

If I am Alphard owner , I will feel touched by this act of honesty , and will probably say 

"Its OK bro , minor scratches nia , I can just live with it "

• Praise 9

If I am Alphard owner , I will feel touched by this act of honesty , and will probably say

i would say the same too as its minor... maybe a cup of kopi instead haha... its the thought that counts.
  • Praise 3

Internal Moderator

With tons of respect. 

You can consider using them for the spray painting. 

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?app=sgcarstore&req=showprod&product=94609

If you manage to find the "victim", you can PM me. I can help you with the spray painting. (: 

This might be a long shot, but no harm trying.

Incident occurred at JW St 42 car park (in front of blk 554), approx. 1005hrs. I scraped the side of your front passenger fender while reversing. Did not have any stationery with me, so I went to get some. Upon returning, your vehicle was no longer there. Should you be reading this, please drop me a pm for settlement. Pictures of the damage are attached as well. Many thanks

• Praise 2

Hi All, never expected such a big reaction over something so normal. Thanks for all your kind words, really appreciate it 

Update:

Managed to contact the owner thanks to bro @alphard96's kind assistance. Owner's car was already in workshop by the time i contacted. Paid for his repair, got a confirmation that issue has been settled, case closed. 

Point to ponder:

Went to the police station to get some advice as was a little worried that it would be considered a hit and run. Police advice was: It's more important to leave your details at the scene. If the perpetrator doesn't do anything, and the other party's insurer manages to trace and sends the claim letter to his/her house, making the police report then would still suffice. If you do feel uneasy, you may lodge a report also, but online. They don't allow the lodging as this is a case between insurers, nothing to do with the police. (Doesn't make sense to me, but well, they are the cops. Or maybe, just that particular cop that attended to me)

@Kobayashigt: Many thanks for your offer about the spray painting. However, since the "victim"'s case has already been settled, can I pm you for my own car's painting?  

• Praise 3

this thread has singlehandedly beaten ALL records for the highest 1st post in a new thread...Well done!

It really pays to be honest.  good to see that we definitely have that culture among us here in MCF

Well done bro @epimetheus

Edited by RadX
  • Praise 7

To threadstarter: 

group-of-hands-with-thumbs-up.jpg?itok=a

Even celebrities  praise you.

thumb-up-terminator+pablo+M+R.jpg

netflix-star-ratings-thumbs-up-1-480x320

thumbsAmmo03.jpg

thumbs.png

ChuckNorristhumbsup+Emil+P.jpg

giphy.gif

Justice League wants to recruit you...

tjtGNHAxX2M1o68Yuuxw_1082117804.jpeg

Even the US President praise you.

donald-trump-thumbs-up.jpg

CnakVl1WIAAfwYi.jpg

• Praise 5

Thot for a moment that there would be a twist in the story i.e victim claimed whiplash injury, chest pains (tho car was parked n empty), etc n TS is asking which lawyer is good n cheap. LOL

Buu glad to hear all's well and restored my faith that honesty still exists. Kudos.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

Hey bro! 

Please PM me. i would like to help a Samaritans like you around! (:  

Hi All, never expected such a big reaction over something so normal. Thanks for all your kind words, really appreciate it 

Update:

Managed to contact the owner thanks to bro @alphard96's kind assistance. Owner's car was already in workshop by the time i contacted. Paid for his repair, got a confirmation that issue has been settled, case closed. 

Point to ponder:

Went to the police station to get some advice as was a little worried that it would be considered a hit and run. Police advice was: It's more important to leave your details at the scene. If the perpetrator doesn't do anything, and the other party's insurer manages to trace and sends the claim letter to his/her house, making the police report then would still suffice. If you do feel uneasy, you may lodge a report also, but online. They don't allow the lodging as this is a case between insurers, nothing to do with the police. (Doesn't make sense to me, but well, they are the cops. Or maybe, just that particular cop that attended to me)

@Kobayashigt: Many thanks for your offer about the spray painting. However, since the "victim"'s case has already been settled, can I pm you for my own car's painting?  

• Praise 1

Hey bro! 

Please PM me. i would like to help a Samaritans like you around! (:  

$100 MCF Cashcard?? Swee... and well deserved! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

mcf.jpg

So nice to have TS like this. Last month my car kena rub at the rear side of the passenger wheels and door. It could happen at the TJ Katong Coffee shop cos nowhere else we had driven.

End up when OC discovered, the dashcam already no record due to SD card only 16G. At the same time, while she was driving to Pandan to assess the problem. She got cramp on the leg and stopped at one emergency bay near Pandan and kena fine.

Lucky appeal an was given warning. But still pay 300 to re-spray and next trip come back need to do up the ceramic coating [:(]

2 weeks ago when I was working shift and due to tiredness the next day, I accidentally scrapped a car's front left bumper with my rear left while doing a 3-point turn in a very tight car park I was sending my wife. Just have to blame myself for not judging the distance (as usually I would consciously park properly) as I am using the empty lot to temporary make a 3-point turn.

Parked my car and check that the other party's car with scratches on the bumper. Had a pen but no paper. End up using a parking coupon's back to leave my details on the car. The owner called me after an hour plus and I apologized profusely and assured him I will pay for his damage. After 2 days he replied with a quote of $120 for re-spray and I asked for address and I will deliver the money down and apologize to him personally. Guess what, he said is a small matter and he said never mind about the compensation and instead invited me to his son's wedding for my honesty. (He was attending his relative's wedding and I had send my wife to her friend's same wedding at the void deck during the accident).

I am too paiseh to reject his invitation and I am going to use the same amount he was quoted for his damage to give ang-pow to him for his son's wedding.

Moral of the story: Pain to spent money for own repairs but it pays to be honest. And it make me feels good to admit a mistake done to others and surely you would feel and hope others would admit to you (just like TS).

Cheers!

• Praise 12

2 weeks ago when I was working shift and due to tiredness the next day, I accidentally scrapped a car's front left bumper with my rear left while doing a 3-point turn in a very tight car park I was sending my wife. Just have to blame myself for not judging the distance (as usually I would consciously park properly) as I am using the empty lot to temporary make a 3-point turn.

Parked my car and check that the other party's car with scratches on the bumper. Had a pen but no paper. End up using a parking coupon's back to leave my details on the car. The owner called me after an hour plus and I apologized profusely and assured him I will pay for his damage. After 2 days he replied with a quote of $120 for re-spray and I asked for address and I will deliver the money down and apologize to him personally. Guess what, he said is a small matter and he said never mind about the compensation and instead invited me to his son's wedding for my honesty. (He was attending his relative's wedding and I had send my wife to her friend's same wedding at the void deck during the accident).

I am too paiseh to reject his invitation and I am going to use the same amount he was quoted for his damage to give ang-pow to him for his son's wedding.

Moral of the story: Pain to spent money for own repairs but it pays to be honest. And it make me feels good to admit a mistake done to others and surely you would feel and hope others would admit to you (just like TS).

Cheers!

Good for you.  [thumbsup]