Looking for SKR 77 D (Toyota Alphard) owner

epimetheus

2 weeks ago when I was working shift and due to tiredness the next day, I accidentally scrapped a car's front left bumper with my rear left while doing a 3-point turn in a very tight car park I was sending my wife. Just have to blame myself for not judging the distance (as usually I would consciously park properly) as I am using the empty lot to temporary make a 3-point turn.

Parked my car and check that the other party's car with scratches on the bumper. Had a pen but no paper. End up using a parking coupon's back to leave my details on the car. The owner called me after an hour plus and I apologized profusely and assured him I will pay for his damage. After 2 days he replied with a quote of $120 for re-spray and I asked for address and I will deliver the money down and apologize to him personally. Guess what, he said is a small matter and he said never mind about the compensation and instead invited me to his son's wedding for my honesty. (He was attending his relative's wedding and I had send my wife to her friend's same wedding at the void deck during the accident).

I am too paiseh to reject his invitation and I am going to use the same amount he was quoted for his damage to give ang-pow to him for his son's wedding.

Moral of the story: Pain to spent money for own repairs but it pays to be honest. And it make me feels good to admit a mistake done to others and surely you would feel and hope others would admit to you (just like TS).

Cheers!

sounds incredible...definitely not in the Singapore i know..

pls keep to sg context. thanks. Hahahah

↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1

sounds incredible...definitely not in the Singapore i know..

pls keep to sg context. thanks. Hahahah

No kidding. It happened to me (not any of my friends or relative) in Singapore (Yishun).

You can join me to attend the wedding on 17 Dec 2017 or I can show you my receipt for my own spray paint job. :)

Cheers!

• Praise 2

Once I reversed and hit a car and his front bumper came loose. I left my number and he called. I rushed over and apologised offering to pay for any repair, he says it’s ok.

I then offered 100 dollars for the inconveniences caused and he didn’t take it.

I told him I will pay it forward. Nice people do exist.

• Praise 7