2018 Toyota Supra

kdash

If you are manufacturing a sports car and you didnt clock a decent timing in Nürburgring. Your sports car is nothing.

lol japan no race track to test the supra ar?

must go germany

• Praise 1

If you are manufacturing a sports car and you didnt clock a decent timing in Nürburgring. Your sports car is nothing.

Actually what's the big deal with nurburgring ah

I'm noob

Edited by Friendstar
  • Praise 1

"The course was built in 1927, and has a lot of history. One of the original purposes for the course was to serve as a proving ground for auto manufacturers to test their cars.

It is very challenging for a number of reasons. The normal route, the Nordschleife, or ‘North Loop, is over 12 miles along, and the newer Grand Prix circuit that has been connected to it brings the total up to just over 16 miles. That’s a very long lap. That also makes for a number of challenging corners, with 174 ‘bends’ when initially constructed.
Developing familiarity with the course, therefore, takes a lot of practice. The surface quality varies, presenting several different types of road surfaces found around the world, and adjusting to the changes can be difficult. The elevation changes by 1000ft from the highest to lowest point as well, since the course is in a mountainous region and some smalll towns are actually inside it in some spots. Mountainous areas can have variable weather patterns, and that means the weather can change at the Nurburgring too, even depending on where you are on the circuit.
It houses every type of track surface within a single lap: rough gravel, smooth gravel, banked turns, long straights, sweeping high speeds, very low speed 100+ degree turns, etcetera. If a car can handle a fast lap of Nürburgring, it can handle anything from a cross-country dash to a lap of a GP circuit."

Hope the toyobimmer will get BMW handling and Toyota reliability, and not the other way round!

I always admire the brute look of the last gen Supra.

• Praise 1

Seems like 75% of this Supra are BMW Parts. [bigcry] Engine,Gearbox,Switch Gears....& Suspension,so this is just a Japanese "Clone" BMW Z4.

Those are the important parts...so can expect 25% of Toyota reliability!

Those are the important parts...so can expect 25% of Toyota reliability!

and 100% BMW price! haha...
  • Praise 1

Fat hope. Co-developement between car makers might not be all good. The engineers will be wary of their rival and not let them know too much of their own know how. Bmw last co-develope with pug-citroen to produce the prince engine, it was crap.

In the news it seems like a match made in automotive heaven but is it?

Turbocharged

Seems like 75% of this Supra are BMW Parts. [bigcry] Engine,Gearbox,Switch Gears....& Suspension,so this is just a Japanese "Clone" BMW Z4.

It really occur to me that the car really look like a Z4. Anyway, I am not into cars like this, I love them but not for the daily commute and my OC will not love it. Come one day when I really got extra cash I can have one to play play.

However, it is really nice to see this model comes back again with a bang.

• Praise 1

my impression of the supra was that it's meant to be like the GTR/NSX. very fast in an insane japanese way haha.

Not so much about being a sports coupe lol 

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement